• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
scar - check your PM. Next time be respectful and do not threaten what I work my tail off for.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
scar, if u want communities to grow and to be accepted, you gotta stop being a **** with the brawl bashing.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
All this talk about pushing back tournies and what not, while the intentions for this to become huge is great/positive...it should've been discussed separately imo.

This is a huge year for tournies, I think everyone should be respectful toward that or try their best to.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
When people are fighting for survival, they'll do anything to make sure they do. It's perfectly ok to have an opinion, but I gotta stand with Jonathan on this- you shouldn't really discourage attending another tournament, but work on pumping up the tournament you support. I don't go into threads and say "you shouldn't go to XXXX tournament because this will be better for your money and more people will watch etc." I just simply hype the events I want to hype. Use that logic and there won't be any issues.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not mind people hyping this tournament. I WANT THIS TOURNAMENT TO BE HUGE ALSO.

As I said. This would of been easily resolved if Scar would of done research on when my tournament is. He did not know it was in AUG and it was AFTER this

clowsui

Smash Legend
how depressing. midwest has historically hosted the most popular national event for melee and is the best location for tournaments given its position in the nation. not to mention springfield has a great rep in the midwest but no one cares about us so they don't know about nope + lou and their oft-assistant aZ

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
nope is a great TO.

Regardless this should be out of this thread.

All tournaments will be amazing despite what others think.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
how depressing. midwest has historically hosted the most popular national event for melee and is the best location for tournaments given its position in the nation. not to mention springfield has a great rep in the midwest but no one cares about us so they don't know about nope + lou and their oft-assistant aZ
fo fo real make a major in MW and call it FC then watch the magic

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if it makes you guys at showdown feel any better

i wouldn't have gone to it anyway. not when i have to save up for EVO

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I challenge the melee + brawl community to get into ssb64 and try to beat me. It's on the VC now so you have no excuse. =]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
So.

I'm trying to go to this, now.

Really really trying.

If only there could be a petition at this that would actually WORK so that Melee could be re-released and GC controllers could be manufactured again [basically, kids will play it casually, again and those who were meant to join the community will join it and the scene would expand the way it deserves to]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You guys need to stop bickering, that's not the point of this tournament and that's NOT what our community is about.

If people want to go to a specific tournament let them choose themselves. If you find the need to convince them, just keep it off of the boards. I don't want the thread to be full of 4 different TO's arguing their cause. I'm not in the Apex thread even -talking- about GAMME as well as I stay out of the Showdown thread. I have nothing but support for other TO's. I am probably going to go to all 3 tournaments.

The community has just got to stop complaining and making it's own self propelled drama. T_T

edit:: no disrespect to Scar, I totally agree with you and respect your support, but I just want the community to bond and not be torn apart by trivial things. Great tournaments are great tournaments.

Lobos

Smash Master
So.

I'm trying to go to this, now.

Really really trying.

If only there could be a petition at this that would actually WORK so that Melee could be re-released and GC controllers could be manufactured again [basically, kids will play it casually, again and those who were meant to join the community will join it and the scene would expand the way it deserves to]
Instead of that go buy a ps3 or 360.....you'll be better off lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I expect anyone who is driving to florida from MD and down to sleep at SOUTH OF THE BORDER...it is a requirement of traveling to florida

Scar

#HarveyDent
You guys need to stop bickering, that's not the point of this tournament and that's NOT what our community is about.

If people want to go to a specific tournament let them choose themselves. If you find the need to convince them, just keep it off of the boards. I don't want the thread to be full of 4 different TO's arguing their cause. I'm not in the Apex thread even -talking- about GAMME as well as I stay out of the Showdown thread. I have nothing but support for other TO's. I am probably going to go to all 3 tournaments.

The community has just got to stop complaining and making it's own self propelled drama. T_T

edit:: no disrespect to Scar, I totally agree with you and respect your support, but I just want the community to bond and not be torn apart by trivial things. Great tournaments are great tournaments.
ya i no plank

i like how i post 1 thing in a thread that obviously i haven't read and apparently people have already been bickering

chibo i'm jk about brawl everyone knows that by now, the communities are totally separate and no one cares one way or another besides a playful "**** brawl," just like i playfully say "**** socal"

and alex strife, being the completely insecure ridiculous human being that he is, obviously took personal offense to a statement of my own opinion which was only as effective as the words are by their own merit

which is that i think the melee community (especially the broke *** ones coming from midwest or west coast) should support GAMME if it comes down to a choice

which as a statement on its own merit isn't worth too much because of the dates and because of how few players actually are in the situation where they are financially bound to going to only one of those 3 tournies

obviously everyone should go to every tournament lol that's the way to get better as a player, so i was in no way attacking apex

alex strife sayin' i threatened him

jesus christ

i thought i was a TO at apex lol, hella obvious how much a-strife respects his friends

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah if anyone has to choose due to money issues please choose this. Sponsors are 100% most important over anything. But yeah please make an effort for all of them.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
TW111111IIII!111NNN!! Where is my WP?! XD (U said Monday!:p)

j/k:)

This will be pretty epic :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
alex strife sayin' i threatened him

jesus christ

i thought i was a TO at apex lol, hella obvious how much a-strife respects his friends
dude the im convo we had clearly shows you being very threatening towards my smash career which is something i kinda care about.

you get upset and start acting very angry and arrogant.

I said i did not care but you kept saying " dont mess with me I have power you do not" how do you expect anyone to not want to take offense to THAT.

stop trying to say you are jk when we all know you are not.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
as entertaining as this is, plank told you guys to stop bickering, take it to PM

stop ****ing with the hype of this tourney

ur ruining my hype
^This.

All this is doing is ruining the Hype as said before. I wish I could attend all the tournament but Its really expensive for me. I'm probably gonna attend this one because other people from PR are going to be playing other games like SF4 in which we have really good players too. Ill do my best to go to APEX too cause that one seems too **** too!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
chibo i'm jk about brawl everyone knows that by now, the communities are totally separate and no one cares one way or another besides a playful "**** brawl," just like i playfully say "**** socal"
Sure I may know your joking, but does everyone? Not like your saying lol or jk or any indication that you might be joking. How bout instead of playfully bashing brawl, why dont u playfully help support it as well since you care so much about sponsors and stuff. did you even realize that the sponsor money for brawl here is double of what melee's is? you probably didnt realize that since you said yourself you didn't read the thread and yet you just go ahead and say stuff without knowing things like Apex being over 2 months away from this, or that the same company sponsoring this, GPX, along with OTHERS are sponsoring Apex 2010 as well. By the looks of things Apex will have more sponsors than this event, so if you wanna use that as a reason to support one event instead of another... :/

You should be promoting everyone to support all events (which is what I hope everyone does), instead of rallying others to move their dates (despite being announced before this one which both The Showdown and Apex 2010 had done) and saying go to ____ over ____ if you care about ____.

That's my last post on the subject unless ppl feel the need to continue.

I personally won't be here however, I already said I would go to The Showdown, and I've wanted to visit the Midwest for a while now, moreso than Atl South.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Want to attend this, but it might require a plane ticket...I'll think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom