• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i'll probably be quitting brawl and playing melee only now

also

i asked a few pages back, can we somehow see a registration list?
yknow like pound

thx

oh yeah also

wizarding world of harry potter opens in spring, everyone should go to that its gonna be baller as ***
of course in islands of adventure

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
There will be a way to see registration list in a little while, need to figure out how GPX and i are gonna work it out :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hbox can i stay wtih you...me and cristin would love to hang at the hbox place:)

either that or get a hotel room:(

Laijin

Smash Hero
Sooo..
I don't really get why brawl has a 2k pot and melee has a 1k pot?
I'm pretty sure Pound 4 proved that melee is significantly more popular/entertaining/better than brawl when it comes to competitive smash.

Edit: Thats what I'd like to believe anyways. =\

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol at brawl bashing, like usual. yay for brawl having 2k pot.
Agreed

Sooo..
I'm pretty sure Pound 4 proved that melee is significantly more popular/entertaining/better than brawl when it comes to competitive smash.
Srsly people need to Grow da up and get over things. If U want a bigger pot bonus for Melee get sponsors for it yourself. Besides, Melee isn't gay like Brawl so many more people will play it anyways(Maybe, heck Idk I like 2 play Brawl more only cuz I'm sick of playing Melee but watching Melee IS very sexy), H@ll Melee prob doesn't NEED da pot bonus. Have u ever thought of it that way?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
people will whine regardless...be happy there is a pot bonus to begin with.

I remember years ago we were lucky to only pay 10 buck venue fees when in nyc they stores would take 50%

Laijin

Smash Hero
people will whine regardless...be happy there is a pot bonus to begin with.

I remember years ago we were lucky to only pay 10 buck venue fees when in nyc they stores would take 50%
Jeezus christ.
Ya know USUALLY normal people tend to not ever use venues that take 50% of the pot.
People rather host stuff in their apartment than get pot *****.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
a know USUALLY normal people tend to not ever use venues that take 50% of the pot.
People rather host stuff in their apartment than get pot *****./QUOTE]

back in the day NYC was LAZZZZZYYYYY plus we had a HUGE lan center.

back then it was $20 singles and $10 doubles and half of each ( weeklies ) and 40% ( regionals ) go to the venue.

Man...Im glad times change lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Still...

I loved the weeklies...I really miss them. And it makes me regret I didn't enter them as much. =(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Pound had a huge melee name though already, whereas this tournament is ground zero and a fresh start for both games. If melee players want more sponshorship in the future then show up. If Brawl players want more sponsorship in the future then also show up. Prove yourselves as a community, as of now Brawlers have only proven that they really aren't willing to travel very much

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I believe brawl players can travel. They have traveled to Apex/ Viridian City and even COT4. They will travel I believe the will.

Melee...well they wanna keep their game alive so they gotta do what is right.

Laijin

Smash Hero
a know USUALLY normal people tend to not ever use venues that take 50% of the pot.
People rather host stuff in their apartment than get pot *****./QUOTE]

back in the day NYC was LAZZZZZYYYYY plus we had a HUGE lan center.

back then it was $20 singles and $10 doubles and half of each ( weeklies ) and 40% ( regionals ) go to the venue.

Man...Im glad times change lol
Holy **** $30 for WEEKLIES?
AND HALF WAS TAKEN FOR VENUE?
WOOOOW.
Must have been some extreme laziness there. =\

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No, that's BS. Brawl players have shown no motivation to travel as a whole. They travel REGIONALLY but not NATIONALLY really. You can say apex blahblahblah but did you have 25 WC people at Apex? How many good MW people were at Apex? Like 5? There's a difference between regionally travelling and nationally travelling. You may have a few top players from each region, but that's ENTIRELY different than what i'm talking about.

Melee players will travel anywhere not "because they have to keep their game alive", that's a ******** thought. We travel on the simple notion that we love our game and our community and want to see everyone again and play the game we love. I'm not entirely sure the Brawl community functions the same way. I just don't see the same drive.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
No, that's BS. Brawl players have shown no motivation to travel as a whole. They travel REGIONALLY but not NATIONALLY really. You can say apex blahblahblah but did you have 25 WC people at Apex? How many good MW people were at Apex? Like 5? There's a difference between regionally travelling and nationally travelling. You may have a few top players from each region, but that's ENTIRELY different than what i'm talking about.
'

with that I agree with you there is not a huge pull for them. That is why we gotta work with them and show them the joy of coming to tournaments and the great experience that we all can provide for them.

Its a goal we as TOs can and will make. I know they will travel here. we can talk to DEHF/Havok/Tyrant and get them as well as the little known players like Z ( pikachu ) Rich Brown ( oli ) and even Bardul.

how do we get them to come? For me I just suggest talking to them letting them know whats up. Thats all we can do right now.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL no one from WC traveled to Apex.

And we're pulling to get them to come to Viridian.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i don't get the differences, the communities can coexist.

i mean i don't care what people think of brawl or melee
i enjoy both

xCARExFREEx

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Either way what the Brawl community NEEDS to do is travel to tournaments and support them. It makes sense melee is a closer community since it's been around 7 years longer....

Nope

Smash Lord

Melee players will travel anywhere not "because they have to keep their game alive", that's a ******** thought. We travel on the simple notion that we love our game and our community and want to see everyone again and play the game we love. I'm not entirely sure the Brawl community functions the same way. I just don't see the same drive.
Brawl players don't travel as much because they don't have to, there are events multiple times a month now in every region and people have options. Back in the Melee days you were lucky to get a tournament once a month and then if something big rolled around everyone would jump on it. Melee isn't trying to "keep their game alive" but they just have less tournaments then brawl so they are more willing to travel further for them.

Lots of people don't want to spend lots of money to travel when there is a local 40 minutes away from them the same day.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Brawl is going to take time to get people motivated to travel.

aside from big events like Pound and Genesis

and aside from M2K and Ally

there are no players that travel outside of a region
It'll take time tho

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Brawl players don't travel as much because they don't have to, there are events multiple times a month now in every region and people have options. Back in the Melee days you were lucky to get a tournament once a month and then if something big rolled around everyone would jump on it. Melee isn't trying to "keep their game alive" but they just have less tournaments then brawl so they are more willing to travel further for them.

Lots of people don't want to spend lots of money to travel when there is a local 40 minutes away from them the same day.
Yeah that's true I guess. But you could be having 800 person tournies instead of 80 person tournies.

I probably forget that Brawl actually hits big numbers cuz in MD/VA it never gets over 25 -.-

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Actually the last few melee tournies we've had have had 50+ lol. we just suck at tournies

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Sooo..

Edit: Thats what I'd like to believe anyways. =\
Blahblahblah Melee is entertaining to watch but when I see Peach press downsmash and it's a stock, I'm like woah amazing kill sooo much skill needed (Sarcasm) and people start yelling for no reason lmao.

Melee is not too different than Brawl. Melee was a new thing, Brawl is Melee without all the techs and different mechanics, thus NOT TOO different and wouldn't just get all the hype that melee had when it first came out.

You don't have to talk to melee players to "let them know what's up."

That's real difference between the communities.
More like, " guys there's finally a Big Melee tourney!!! QUICK let's show em brawlers how cool we are and bash their game".

This is truth.
Melee is a much closer community than the brawl community.
Wrong wrong and wrong, you play melee, you don't know anything about Brawl Community, it's as fun as Melee's.

True, we have MORE people than Melee, thing is we also have MORE tournies so people tend to have less money to travel.

TL:DR both community has their cons and pros.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Blahblahblah Brawl isn't entertaining to watch and when I see metaknight press b and it's a stock, I'm like woah amazing kill sooo much skill needed (Sarcasm) and people start yelling for no reason lmao.
Fixed. At least dowsmash requires the stick and a instead of just B, lol!

More like, " guys there's finally a Big Melee tourney!!! QUICK let's show em brawlers how cool we are and bash their game".
What are you even saying??? :urg:

AllyKnight

What are you even saying??? :urg:
okay lol I was prob not being clear, but whenever there's a big melee tournament (Brawl is in there too like Genesis, Pound 4) I see the melee people bash Brawl. while Brawl people respect or even play Melee. I think Brawl people are more mature when it comes to this. That's why Brawl people to me are more friendly. Melee people can be annoying as ****.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Ever heard of down C-Stick? and B doesn't work all the time, see, you're just a melee player who's saying random stuff Lmao.
b is still easier than c-stick down.

ANd down-smash doesn't work all the time either. At least downsmash is punishable. Fox can punish it easily with down-air, shine, wavedash (more shines??), upsmash.

And YOU clearly are the one just saying random stuff.

AllyKnight

b is still easier than c-stick down.

ANd down-smash doesn't work all the time either. At least downsmash is punishable. Fox can punish it easily with down-air, shine, wavedash (more shines??), upsmash.

And YOU clearly are the one just saying random stuff.
Nado is punishable. Nades, Dair from top, reverse grab for some chars and B IS TERRIBLY PUNISHABLE during landing.. What now? I know both game. go back 2 down stick lololol + Nado requires MOVING with the control stick or you just stand still. LMAO Learn ur stuff. I Love arguing with this guy

cut it out you two or Plank will be very upset!
Still waiting for my money, I believe it's been a week, I have all reason to be the one upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom