• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic vs. Tornado/Shuttle Loop

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah, no one should be winning MK just like that, they better be working for their wins with that weak excuse for a character XD. After a couple grabs, most MKs unfortunately stop using the tornado, the ones that keep doing it are the fun ones =].
GREAT ANTHER!

I saw some of your recent Sonicings. I thoroughly enjoyed them. <3

Tenki

Smash Hero
guess I shouldn't have erased the part about Spinshotting. ... It's too hard T.T.
It's really not. Just use side b and flick the c-stick down. You'll get it in like 5 minutes.
Just switch to WiiChuck, hold SideB then Press A and voila XD.

But Nah, even on GC its quite doable.

I still has teh controllah advanteeg thouz.
You guys are silly.

You could have done something like this:
----------------------------------------

3 - What is Spinshot? spin shot
Spinshot is an AT that lets Sonic jump through the air at running speed! In essence, it is an instant double jump, and it's done by almost immediately inputting [Jump] or [Attack] as soon as you release side-B or down-B in the air. Side-B starts with a hop, so you're sent in the air regardless of where you are, but if you're trying to do it from down-B, you have to be in the air first.

"Regular input", GC controller:
[Hold side-B]> [Release B and quickly hit A or jump]
*I prefer sliding from B to A.

Easy shortcuts:
- ASC spinshot (GC controller, default settings):
(air) [Down]+[B, B, B...] > [C-stick Left/Right]
- Side-B spinshot (Wiimote+Nunchuck, B for special, A for Attack):
[Side+B]>[hit A while holding B]

Video, for those having trouble understanding what a Spinshot looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPazo3otHo

For more information, details, and discussion on these moves, please read this thread:
Side-B and Down-B Mechanics: EXPLAINED! + moar

We have this really cool thread called the Sonic rFAQ. You should totally read it.

>_> I think Anther just has problems doing the timing.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
*sighs* me and aeghrur are like the only Sonic's here that use WiiChuck if I'm not mistaken T-T. Oh well we iz cool for that.
Wooooooot, WiiChuck, lol. Of course, I editted some of your controls Napi, lol, but yeah. :p
Anyways, sonic boards, we never agree.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I started out with wii-chuck.

Then I started trying to use the C-stick with a GC controller and never went back.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Smashes on Dpad(with optional shake smash)> smashes on Cstick.

See that issue you said you had with your cstick not registering inputs correctly all the time? No such problem with WiiChuck XD. You're actually at a reaction advantage because you don't have to move your fingers from their general area like you do on the GC remote.

But yea, it took me FOREVER to get used to it. But once I did, never going back.

Except maybe a dumb tourneys where theres too much interference T-T.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey guys I have a question I've been trying to adapt to the GC controller but I having trouble because I used to the wii nunchuck got any advice how adapt between the two controllers?

Boxob

Smash Champion
Mastering a control type isn't really a hard thing to do.

Everyone who owns an Xboxob93 knows how to use the controller. It shouldn't take you too long at all.

You could also maybe play other games using the Game cube controller, just to get used to the feel of it, THEN apply to Brawl.

:093:

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Really cause they look similar even the classic got the same second joystick that lets you use a smash attack automatically.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's close, but it feels/handles differently from the GC controller.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
You didn't play melee SX? If you really wanna learn to use the GC controller, just put away your WiiChuck, and only use it when you need to turn on the Wii. Do everything else with the GC remote. Play against CPUs if you have to, you'll get used to it eventually. It took me like 2 weeks of playing everyday to become as good with the WiiChuck as I was with the GC remote.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
You didn't play melee SX? If you really wanna learn to use the GC controller, just put away your WiiChuck, and only use it when you need to turn on the Wii. Do everything else with the GC remote. Play against CPUs if you have to, you'll get used to it eventually. It took me like 2 weeks of playing everyday to become as good with the WiiChuck as I was with the GC remote.
Of course I played every smash game that ever came out melee was hard because of unlocking Mewtwo and Event 51 but I defeated them and that seems like a good idea.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hey guys I have a question I've been trying to adapt to the GC controller but I having trouble because I used to the wii nunchuck got any advice how adapt between the two controllers?
It's coz your Sonic and he sucks. Don't blame the new controller... lol

Shake smash is awesome btw.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
It's coz your Sonic and he sucks. Don't blame the new controller... lol

Shake smash is awesome btw.
Actually Greenstreet I've only mastred the basic controlls I just need help on doing advance techniques Spin shot, Spin dash cancel, etc. I don't suck at Sonic you don't even know how I play so stop making false accusations I'am good.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Eh, I'm using Wiichuck out of necessity, but I like it now. I mean, Napi's right, D-pad smashes are awesome, lol. Shake smashes are weird, but hey, it makes it like, impossible to predict for both players, lol. It's just awesome when you randomly shake smash by accident and watch you opponent sailing off the screen by like a Dsmash or Fsmash, lol.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Yeah that is a good controller aeghrur and I don't know if you notice but when you pick a character your wiimote makes a sound of the specific character you picked.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah that is a good controller aeghrur and I don't know if you notice but when you pick a character your wiimote makes a sound of the specific character you picked.
ino its so cool and useful.

and Ike is like
"prepare yourself."

Eh, I'm using Wiichuck out of necessity, but I like it now. I mean, Napi's right, D-pad smashes are awesome, lol. Shake smashes are weird, but hey, it makes it like, impossible to predict for both players, lol. It's just awesome when you randomly shake smash by accident and watch you opponent sailing off the screen by like a Dsmash or Fsmash, lol.
When I used Wii-chuck, I had specials on left/right D-pad and jump on down D-pad. Smash for up D-pad, and B for shield.

I realized, it was because my hands wanted the configuration of a GC controller, so I broke it out, got used to it, and never went back ;l

SonicX580

Smash Lord
ino its so cool and useful.

and Ike is like
"prepare yourself."

When I used Wii-chuck, I had specials on left/right D-pad and jump on down D-pad. Smash for up D-pad, and B for shield.

I realized, it was because my hands wanted the configuration of a GC controller, so I broke it out, got used to it, and never went back ;l
Tenki cut the sarcism I no it's not useful for gameplay but you are right it does sound cool.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lolol.

Geez such WiiChuck hate.

I will laugh everytime you try to bair me but i hit you first because smashes on dpad are quicker than cstick! Buahahahaha.

Shake smash is totally fine if you get used to it. Sometimes I'll use it if I feel like it, only because I didn't feel like getting used to C-jumping, and have down on dpad as jump, which rox btw for several reasons. Since Downsmash is easy to do with Analog stick and I don't need to constantly Dair like some other chars do with Sonics, I dont really need an input for dsmash.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Actually Greenstreet I've only mastred the basic controlls I just need help on doing advance techniques Spin shot, Spin dash cancel, etc. I don't suck at Sonic you don't even know how I play so stop making false accusations I'am good.
Sorry SonicX580, but I thought you would have realised that was a shot at Sonic's low tier placement, and not a shot at your skill level. What I meant by the statement was that because you play Sonic as a character, it doesn't matter what controller type you use, you'll suck anyway...because Sonic sucks.

Errr...it's kinda a half joke... Who's sig said that if all the Sonics fusion danced we still would suck?

Anyway...miscommunication brew.

Top Bottom