• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Unleashed

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Well maybe Sonic's gimmick won't kill him in the Black Knight.Although Sonic with a Sword is ...... Questionable.

M.K

Level 55
Your idiocy exceeds my expectations.

The werehog levels are great. Seriously, they aren't flawed in anyway, and you guys are just trying to find something to ***** about, just like any piece of s**t fanboy these days that grew up on the original sonics.

What makes them flawed?

The platforming? If you have trouble pressing "B" or "A", you are an idiot. And come on, *****ing about platforming in a platforming game?

You people take ******** fanboyism to a whole new level.

Is it the combat? I've only played the 360 version, so I cant tallk about the apperant waggle-fest, but there is virtually no flaws in the comat, besides an overall lack of moves.

I abhor people like you.
You claim that these posters are idiots, yet you clearly show ignorance in your posts. If you are going to persuade me about your arguments, at least do it right.

First of all, it is your opinion that the night levels are great. Your opinion is not the be-all end-all matter of fact. In fact, it is quite the opposite. By arguing with people who give legitamate reasons for not enjoying the night levels, and doing it in a rude and arbitrary manner, you portray yourself as an erratic, immature, bigot who will go to hell and back to prove your point. Get this through your thick skull, nobody cares about your opinion. In fact, if you were OH SO PERFECT, Sega would have hired you to make these OH SO GOOD Werehog levels that you EVER SO enjoy, mmhmm?
Play the levels, don't tell others that they are wrong because you don't agree with their opinion.
Usually I don't respond to idiots like you, because I assume that everyday life hands you a big fat failing grade every day, but your intolerant language and big mouth lands you in a spot where it is SO easy to prove your wrong. If you are going to make your point, do it in a way that CANNOT be so easily countered.
Also, why should we care what you think of us? I'm ever so impressed you could use the word "abhor" without dribbling some sort of obscenity between each letter. Bravo, you've officially established that everyone in this thread is a complete ******* except yourself. Now what? We, the *******s, will go along quietly liking, not loving Sonic Unleashed while you, the all-mighty chosen one, shall proceed to scream to yourself in a corner.
Yes, I read the argument. Yes, Firus doesn't like the werehog levels and you do. YES, I was completely unassociated with either side, but it was so blatently obvious that Firus is correct and you are wrong that I just had to say something.
We each have an opinion, learn to use it. Also, learn to respect others. You are not always correct, nor are you always wrong.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
You people may as well stop arguing.A Fanboy is a what I call blind sheep.The're too desperate to survive so they cling to anything, even if it leads to their death.

Lovely

Smash Lord
So far I enjoyed this game for the PS3, I have yet to try it on the Wii to see which is better. Most likely I have to go to my friends house and play it on her Wii.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Your idiocy exceeds my expectations.

The werehog levels are great. Seriously, they aren't flawed in anyway, and you guys are just trying to find something to ***** about, just like any piece of s**t fanboy these days that grew up on the original sonics.

What makes them flawed?

The platforming? If you have trouble pressing "B" or "A", you are an idiot. And come on, *****ing about platforming in a platforming game?

You people take ******** fanboyism to a whole new level.

Is it the combat? I've only played the 360 version, so I cant tallk about the apperant waggle-fest, but there is virtually no flaws in the comat, besides an overall lack of moves.

I abhor people like you.
You have to double tap the control stick to run.
You land on a platform and accidentally hit the control stick to hard. You run and die.

That is the major flaw.

Unleashed has nothing on the original Sonic's, yet is the best Sonic game since Adventure 2. If you took the time to play the original games then you'd find out the gameplay of Unleashed is nothing like the originals. Where are the different themed levels, the Badniks, the finding Chaos Emeralds, pushing blocks onto switches, etc?

The most important thing that the daytime levels got right was the length it takes to finish a level. It took around 9 minutes and upwards to finish most Sonic Heroes missions.

tehyoshi

Smash Cadet
gamespot is ********.

Wii version was better than the xbox version.

While the xbox version's day time levels put the wii's day time levels to shame. The warehog levels are repetitive on the xbox, there's a lot of unnecessary things on the xbox version and what not. So Overall the wii version is the more fun counterpart.

Besides the average score for that game on the Wii was a 7.5

xbox was like a 6 or less. Personally I had more fun on the wii version, even the wolf levels were sort of satisfying.

sometimes my site has good user reviews on popular releases.

http://emupost.net

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wait, was that in the Wii version or something?
Yeah, and I just realised they were on about the 360 versoin.

On the Wii version, when you press a direction, he does a sort of run/jog, but when you double tap and hold, he runs on all fours, and can break boxes and jars when he runs into them.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
While the xbox version's day time levels put the wii's day time levels to shame. The warehog levels are repetitive on the xbox, there's a lot of unnecessary things on the xbox version and what not. So Overall the wii version is the more fun counterpart.
The werehog levels seem a lot more repetitive on the Wii :/ plus the PS360 version:

-doesn't have a horrible running and walking system
-feels less slippery, at least if you ask me
-there are invisible barries in the 360 version when you attack so that you don't fall off the ledge thirty times over. The same cannot be said for the Wii version
-doesn't have three werehog levels per area

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I got this game for Wii around 2 weeks ago. I love the day stages and I wish I could say the same for night stages. At first, they seem fine, but later on they just drag and become both annoying and boring. But its worth completing them for the day stages. Pretty lame that night stages each last like 5-10min, while day are 1-5min.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It makes a lot of sense for Sega to make the better version be on a non-Nintendo console. Their GBA "port" of their first Sonic game had terrible physics and music and Sonic fans have actually made a much superior GBA port of Sonic the Hedgehog. Either that or it's just a way of Sega saying sorry for Sonic 06.
But what about the post Adventure 2 Battle games that were released for all 3 6th gen consoles. The Gamecube versions of Heroes, Shadow, and Riders were vastly superior than the other console versions.

And SONIC THE HEDGEHOG wasn't as good as Secret Rings/ handheld titles.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I have Sonic Unleashed on the Xbox 360; it is as fun as or funner than Sonic Adventure (1), which was my fav. sonic game until SU came out.

Things I like about Sonic Unleashed (xbox 360 version):

1) You aren't overloaded with tons of characters.

2) You aren't forced to play a bunch of levels with dfferent characters (although the wolf levels lowers this a bit)

3) Day-time levels=AWESOME; fun, action and speed-packed

4) For the most part, music=sheer awesomeness

5) HUB world; there is a hubworld, which I liked about Sonic Adventure. However Sonic Adventure's was sometimes a bit complicated to figure out where to go next; in SU, it's not as bad, which is a plus.

6) Replay, in my opinion, is relatively high

Things I don't particularly enjoy about SU:

1) Night-time levels are sometimes a drag; after you get a rush from the day-time level, the night-time level slows things down just a bit too much

2) Collecting moon/sun medals slows the pace of the game just a tad; I like the concept of it, but sometimes it appears that the amount required to go on seems a bit high

3) The biggest disapointment, I suppose, is that there aren't enough day-time levels. They are awesome, great gameplay mechanics in my opinion.

I don't really have any more complaints; the night-time levels are fun, and I feel that the reason that most people who don't care for them don't care for them because it just doesn't suit their gameplay style. I enjoy both day time and night time levels (of course, Day time more-so, but night-time is still fun).

Fat NISMO

Smash Cadet
Endless Possibilities is a pretty alright song from that game.
I never played sonic unleashed yet but looks better then the other sonic games after sonic adventure 2

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It makes a lot of sense for Sega to make the better version be on a non-Nintendo console.
I stop reading here, so far the Sonic games on the Nintendo systems were always better than the PS or Xbox systems and might always be at this point. Sega and Nintendo was always rivels, so I guess that's they thank you for a long run present to be better than the other systems. XD

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I stop reading here, so far the Sonic games on the Nintendo systems were always better than the PS or Xbox systems and might always be at this point. Sega and Nintendo was always rivels, so I guess that's they thank you for a long run present to be better than the other systems. XD

Agreed.

The only exception to this might be Sonic Unleashed, but that's a special case.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Okay who would win in a fight Sonic the Hedgehog or Akuma from street fighter My friend just won't face the facts.

"And on topic" I really enjoyed sonic unleashed.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Agreed.

The only exception to this might be Sonic Unleashed, but that's a special case.
I guess that's true, because the 360/PS3 versions have more stuff than the Wii/PS2 versions. Oh well.

Okay who would win in a fight Sonic the Hedgehog or Akuma from street fighter My friend just won't face the facts.
Sonic kills people with his body, who else can do that? He can beat people with his hands tied behind his back because he can curel up in a ball and roll through machines. Yea, I think Sonic's broken. =P

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Sakura from Hyper Street Fighter Alpha>>>>>>>>>Akuma.

Sonic would pwn Akuma any day XD.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Finally beat both versions. I'll say this, the boss battle on 360/PS3 last boss is a little harder than the Wii/PS2 versions, but to some sayings though. First try the Wii/PS2 is harder, but then you get use to it.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody got an S ranking on eggmanland at the first try??
actualy i shamefully have to admit that it took me many many tries........and with many many tries i mean like 30...... to even beat the stage......but i hadnt discovered at that point that u can get extra lives from the medal unlocked rooms...... so i had to get it done with 3.....

well anyways.....at first i enjoyed the night stages......the experience stuff which unlocked attacks and improved skills kept me kinda busy for a while and i liked the various unique things sonic could do..... but after half the game i realised that night stages were starting to become more and bigger......and much more annoying, after each temple... then i started hating them and at eggmanland i couldnt wait until they were done.....but they didnt......there were like 6 of them......they drove me crazy....

BUT!!!!! I loved the final battle...... after the light gaia colossus appeared i was disappointed cause i was expecting super sonic..... i only played secret rings and unleashed so far so i had never played with super sonic other than brawl... when the fight started though i could see that it was too easy to be all... so i knew i could still hope..... after ive seen yet another stage i was once again dissapointed....more than the first time....when i got it right though just before the cutscenes started i realised that a final fight just could finish with a stage so i was expecting a final round....saw the dark gaia powering up.....saw sonic gathering the chaos emeralds.....and i enjoyed every second of the fight.....

recomend it to all console owners/sonic funs..... at least the controls were way better than SatSR

PS: played it on wii

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I finally beat Eggmanland this morning--!

And ugh, Dark Gaia vs. Light Gaia is annoying; I passed that, then broke the shield, then got down to the last three button presses the game had to offer (after the x60 button presses with Light Gaia vs. Perfect Dark Gaia), and messed up. Now I gotsta play it all over again; I was pissed so I turned off the xbox lol.

Anyways, Sonic Unleashed is great

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I finally beat Eggmanland this morning--!

And ugh, Dark Gaia vs. Light Gaia is annoying; I passed that, then broke the shield, then got down to the last three button presses the game had to offer (after the x60 button presses with Light Gaia vs. Perfect Dark Gaia), and messed up. Now I gotsta play it all over again; I was pissed so I turned off the xbox lol.

Anyways, Sonic Unleashed is great
You screwed up on the last part?

I feel for you. After how long Eggmanland was along with the series of boss battles, that really sucks.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Mashing on the L and R button for 40 minutes tends to get tiresome.

Seriously, they put like 5 night acts in a row that each last 7-10 minutes.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
You screwed up on the last part?

I feel for you. After how long Eggmanland was along with the series of boss battles, that really sucks.
Lol, well I enjoy the battle with Egg Dragoon, I think it's fun so I don't really have a problem there; but Dark Gaia part 1 pisses me off so much; that sucks.

I had like three button presses left, and like an idiot I held down the X button (thinking it'd keep reducing the amount of hits for some reason). :mad:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok Yuju Naka, you seriously realllllly need to come back to Sega. I mean, I can handle those annoying voice actors from 4 Kids TV (even that ****** that does E102 Omega's voice), but I won't even bother picking up and playing a Sonic game if the storyline, gameplay, and setting is failsauce.

I want Sonic to go back into a city...a megalopolis so to speak (New York City, San Francisco, Washington D.C., etc). I'm tired of him going into imaginary places that don't exist in the real world.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I want Sonic to go back into a city...a megalopolis so to speak (New York City, San Francisco, Washington D.C., etc). I'm tired of him going into imaginary places that don't exist in the real world.
Then you shouldn't be playing the series at all then, should you? :ohwell:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Then you shouldn't be playing the series at all then, should you? :ohwell:
Don't get me wrong, I believe Sonic and The Black Knight is gonna be a good title, and I know that complaining isn't going to change the series' new direction, but still...I'm just saying Sonic games have lost it's flavor.

Oh well...there's always Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood....

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Sonic Chronicles was a good game..

But Sonic Unleashed is great :)

It goes back to Sonic Adventure, kinda. Except Sonic controls better :)

Erm, what's considered a "good time" on the Shamar Act 1 day stage?
I got 3:18, a B Rank.. arg Idk how to get any faster!!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Don't get me wrong, I believe Sonic and The Black Knight is gonna be a good title, and I know that complaining isn't going to change the series' new direction, but still...I'm just saying Sonic games have lost it's flavor.

Oh well...there's always Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood....
What are you talking about?

You said you wouldn't play a Sonic game if it didn't have levels similar to the real world.

Where in the real world would you find rock formations in the shape of roller coaster loops?

Sonic always had imaginary levels.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

You said you wouldn't play a Sonic game if it didn't have levels similar to the real world.

Where in the real world would you find rock formations in the shape of roller coaster loops?

Maybe that's why Sonic has trouble.

Compare Mario's world to Sonic's world. Mario is one of few people in a magical realm of shrooms where Star Power is supreme and gravity is optional.

Sonic lives in a "real" world full of normal people. The only abnormalities are the main characters and the ring system, but as a whole the world assumes realistic physics and biology.

Interesting character + realistic world = so-so
Realistic character + interesting world = epic

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Mario isn't that realistic.. he grows bigger after eating a mushroom and can shoot fire balls after grabbing a flower..

Anyways Sonic Unleashed IS epic.

P.s. woohoo, got an S rank on Shamar; I went from E rank (lol :/) to B rank to S rank. Yippee!

edit:

>:l Very mad--my little step brother just started a whole new game and saved over mine. And I just beat Perfect Dark Gaia. WHAT THE F**K!!!!!!!!!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

I meant a realistic world, not a picture book fairy tale story like Sonic and the Secret Rings. Heh...the only thing I liked about that game was the soundtrack we all know and love "Seven Rings in Hand" by Steve Conte.

Unleashed would be...err...ok if you didn't turn into a Werehog. He's like the total opposite of how Sonic is suppose to play taking brute strength over speedy acrobatic freerunning.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know, shadenexus18, you might be in the minority since a lot of people want Sonic back in imaginary-like stages. I honestly don't mind since Unleashed had a good amount of both. (Empire City stages were really awesome though.)

But that's the problem about Sonic games, their fanbase is split. There are people who always want Sonic games to be like the Genesis ones and people who want Adventure-like ones.

That's probably why people will never be satisfied with any of the new Sonic titles. It's a shame, really.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You know, shadenexus18, you might be in the minority since a lot of people want Sonic back in imaginary-like stages. I honestly don't mind since Unleashed had a good amount of both. (Empire City stages were really awesome though.)

But that's the problem about Sonic games, their fanbase is split. There are people who always want Sonic games to be like the Genesis ones and people who want Adventure-like ones.

That's probably why people will never be satisfied with any of the new Sonic titles. It's a shame, really.
All I'm asking for is another Sonic Adventure 3 with lots of bells and whistles. I like city levels like Radical Highway, Speed Highway, Crisis City, and City Escape. Furthermore, when Sonic ran down the building at top speed in Sonic Ad. 1, that was just....epic!!!

I also want villains like Mephiles the Dark, Chaos, and Neo Metal Sonic to comeback. As a last ditch effort to destroy the world, they could like...fuse together or something.

Oh yeah...I want Shadow playable again.

Top Bottom