• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-----Sonic Underground: New Tiny stinky teaser realeased!-----

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
if you guys think about this logically, the idea is king of rough around the edges.

theres like 40 sonics that want to be in this, and the only thing really ever in videos is uairs, tech chases, stage spikes, steaks, and homos.

we as sonic mains may see more, but others wont

Napilopez

Smash Lord
if you guys think about this logically, the idea is king of rough around the edges.

theres like 40 sonics that want to be in this, and the only thing really ever in videos is uairs, tech chases, stage spikes, steaks, and homos.

we as sonic mains may see more, but others wont
While I do understand where you are coming from, the factors you presented shouldn't be an issue. After all, other Sonic combo vids have been done, and other videos of a single character have been made that work well. I mean look at Linkageddon, by Izaw. Its over 6 minutes of himself only, playing link. As I have worked on similar projects in other games before, I've given a ton of thought as to the organization of this anyways. I plan on featuring a few players, and simply mix up some of the best replays. Trust me, people have sent me like 82 thousand replays, and as such there is a ton of content with which to work with. In fact there might be excess content. Also, the bloopers section will take up a good chunk of time, and the duration of the video is still tentative nevertheless.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
While I do understand where you are coming from, the factors you presented shouldn't be an issue. After all, other Sonic combo vids have been done, and other videos of a single character have been made that work well. I mean look at Linkageddon, by Izaw. Its over 6 minutes of himself only, playing link. As I have worked on similar projects in other games before, I've given a ton of thought as to the organization of this anyways. I plan on featuring a few players, and simply mix up some of the best replays. Trust me, people have sent me like 82 thousand replays, and as such there is a ton of content with which to work with. In fact there might be excess content. Also, the bloopers section will take up a good chunk of time, and the duration of the video is still tentative nevertheless.
I don't mean to sound pushy or whatnot, but can you give us an estimated time when it will be released? I'm getting anxious to see it.

I'm waaaaiiiiiiiiiiiting......

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Hey no probs in asking.

An honest estimate? A month, perhappsss slightly less. With school crazyness and having my wii at home, its going to be tough to get it done any time sooner. Remember, I'm going for quality.

However, thats what trailers are for XD.

Expect a trailer by the end of Next week, perhaps early the week after XD.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I've haven't talked to Hella in a hella long time. but when i did he was hella busy and DBR is a hella priority compared to us.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
double post

grab what you can from my youtube vids. i know theres some stuff in there that is usable that no one else really does, so use it.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Hay hay.

Just letting you know, I sent the videos yesterday, the one of the really good combo on Marth, the item throw to foot stool, and the other video with the fair stage spike is me.

:093:

Boxob

Smash Champion
Hay hay.

Just letting you know, I sent the videos yesterday, the one of the really good combo on Marth, the item throw to foot stool, and the other video with the fair stage spike is me.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Should i get a replay? or two? replays are kinda lame. i want people to know its me with my tag, but i dont have my dazzle in the dorm

Boxob

Smash Champion
I don't have a recording device of any type.

But Sonic's shoes glow just a little bit gayer when I use him, so people know it's me.

Oh oh oh, I think I also sent you a jab lock Fsmash kill on an Ike at FD, also.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I'm gonna be able to record soon. I just gotta find my capture device. I lost the little fucker when I stopped playing back in May.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Should i get a replay? or two? replays are kinda lame. i want people to know its me with my tag, but i dont have my dazzle in the dorm
Not sure if you've read the entirety of the the thread, and understably so now that it's on its 26th page, but your name will be featured, although not as your player tag if you send replays. The idea is to have a "loading" animation come up, in classic sonic style with zig zaggy lines, featuring your player tag/alias. Similar to the loading animations in the old sonic games, just taking up less screen real estate. Its cooler than the standard brawl name tag anyways =P

Anyways....

I JUST HAD THE COOLEST IDEA TODAY

Okay, so today I was thinking about my old counter-strike videos for inspiration and ideas. So, back when I made counterstrike vids, I had begun to work on using character models form the game, imported into my 3d modelling software, so I could use my own animation for cool scenes. Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. What if someone had already imported the brawl models? With all of the Wii hacks available now, not to mention that I had read someone had created new "skins" for characters (basically editing the texture maps), I thought it must have already been done. Well alas, some googling has shown me that the brawl character models have indeed been already imported! So this means, this video will feature an awesome animated 3D scene. It will be short, but it will be awesome.

This is what I'm thinking:

*Shows generic clip of Sonic and Metaknight fighting on FD, Sonic being owned by Meta*

*All of a sudden, Sonic stop MK's blade in between his two hands.*

Sonic: You've had your fun, but I'm tired of letting you think you're quicker than me.

Meta: What?!?

*Meta proceeds to 3 hit Ftilt*

*Sonic moves his head to dodge all three strikes, all in matrix bullet-time/slow-mo*

Meta(with shock): IT CAN'T BE!!!!

*Does Neutral A*

*Sonic runs around dodging all the moves playfully*

*Meta stops, breathing heavily, looking around for Sonic but can't find him.*

*Meta turns around to find Sonic right behind him*

Sonic:

You're(slap)

Too(slap)

Slow.(slap)

*Fsmash or Bair*

*Proceeds to Sonic owning meta clip*

Ok, so maybe without the slaps. but you get the idea. And it would all be seemless and totally unexpected to anyone who didn't know about it.

Note that this is not all just like fantasy, this is all in fact very feasible now that the brawl models have been imported. My excitement for this just increased tenfold.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I have a clip of me absolutely ****** Catinthehat's Metaknight.

Like two out of two stocking him while only taking 32 percent.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
lol, if you can pull off such model-hackery, that'd be sweet :) but don't waste too much time on it lol.
I don't have to do any of the hacking, the characters have already been imported. Its simply a matter of making the animations, and the voice effects(perhaps someone here has a nice sonic and/or metaknight imitation?). All of that shouldn't take me more than a day or two of hard work.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
No dialouge, just super cool model hax movie. All he should say is "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" with the pauses. This would be pretty epic... :p

I like the name idea, makes us all look really important! I was hoping to send you replays tomm, but looks like it'll have to be Mon...hope you don't mind.

EDIT:
I don't have to do any of the hacking, the characters have already been imported. Its simply a matter of making the animations, and the voice effects(perhaps someone here has a nice sonic and/or metaknight imitation?). All of that shouldn't take me more than a day or two of hard work.
Oh, no hax, sounds sweeter! But seriously, voice imitations will make all this win, fail.

:061:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Agree about the voices. Any official-voice samples are win, making our own would result in fail. But messing with the models is shaweet.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm all in favor of that 3-D animation.

Instead though, have Sonic tap MK on the shoulder, then proceed to zoom into his face, saying "You're too slow!!"

Then have Sonic slap MK in the face with a steak, then cut to a MK clip of MK flying off the level.

*Shows generic clip of Sonic and Metaknight fighting on FD, Sonic being owned by Meta*

*All of a sudden, Sonic stop MK's blade in between his two hands.*

Sonic: NOW I'll show you!!"

Meta: *gasping clip from Brawl E3*

*Meta proceeds to 3 hit Ftilt*

*Sonic moves his head to dodge all three strikes, all in matrix bullet-time/slow-mo*

Meta(with shock): *MK's sound clip when he dies off the side of a level*

*Does Neutral A*

*Sonic runs around dodging all the moves playfully*

*Meta stops, breathing heavily, looking around for Sonic but can't find him.*

*Meta turns around to find Sonic right behind him*

Sonic: Runs in place, or does the finger wave. *You're too slow!!*

*Smashes MK's face in with a steak.*

*Proceeds to Sonic owning meta clip*
Fix'd.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
"Well alas, some googling has shown me that the brawl character models have indeed been already imported!"

I don't think you quite understand the meaning of the word "alas..."

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you do happen to have some sonic ditto clips, ive seen some hax that import Shadow's and Metal Sonic's frames over sonics, and that would show that the original is better than the knockoffss

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Okay, that would be cool sniahcsihpmem. Don't ask me why I spelled your alias backwards.

And lol puffypuffball, I meant like a location where I have an internet connection strong enough to upload it. For some reason, my dorms internet load basic sites, yet as soon as a data intensive sight is opened, my ethernet adapter just shuts off. Its weird.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Okay, that would be cool sniahcsihpmem. Don't ask me why I spelled your alias backwards.

And lol puffypuffball, I meant like a location where I have an internet connection strong enough to upload it. For some reason, my dorms internet load basic sites, yet as soon as a data intensive sight is opened, my ethernet adapter just shuts off. Its weird.

Kinko's can do wonders.

BTW, I'm gonna send a couple of vids tonight.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

You really are too slow...wow.

Kinko's, and even McDonalds are some good choices for Wifi. Don't Starbucks and other Coffee Houses have Wifi as well?

If anything, check your local library...

BTW my name...that's hilarious.

PuffyMcPuffball

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Napi, I still can't send things to your wii, what gives?
Have you not added me or something? Or am I doing something wrong?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
By the way Napi.

When your video is done, be sure to add it to the Video Combo Awards in the Brawl Media section.

It'd be awesome.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Looks like i'll have to sit this out...

Good luck on the video Napi, I look forward to seeing the teaser.

:071:

Top Bottom