• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic COLORS / Colours

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It's nothing worth raging over and risking bricking if you can't get the demo. The entire game will be out in 11-17 days (possibly earlier; Sonic Free Riders has already hit shelves at certain places despite it officially coming out in a few days), so only a little patience is needed to enjoy the full experience at the end.

BSP

Smash Legend
****, to access the Shopping Channel, I need to get a system update which will break my Homebrew

Screw this ****
It's on the nintendo channel...but you may still need an update for it...don't brick over it like SS said though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like Monster Hunter Tri. But yeah, Ninty owning it up this year. I am planning on getting this game if it's not really short with no replayability.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It has been mentioned frequently that there are seven worlds with at least two acts in each world, and some stages cannot be explored fully because you lack the Wisps needed to access those areas, and the only way to get those Wisps is to progress through the story.

Someone did the math. There are at least 40 stages.

It really doesn't look like it's short, or that it lacks replayability.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
:D probably going to be good then.

I want it for the Wii..but that demo is pretty good.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I could never really get into Monster Hunter.

EDIT: DS version of Sonic Colors = win.
1. Same. Felt... weird.
2. Yes, the demo is win. I hope that can tide me over until the game comes out. The Red Wisp is WIN.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Did the demo feel....half-***** in graphics when you guys played it?

The background and design just do not measure up to Sonic Rush Adventure's and Sonic Rush's; everything looks terribly bland. It got really bad during the hang-glider segment, there is literally NOTHING there aside from that painted-on ferris wheel.

I'd like the actual version to have more vibrant stuff in it, but if it doesn't, I can deal with it. It just feels really offsetting.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ehh, the background seemed Rush-y to me. IDK what you think.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Did the demo feel....half-***** in graphics when you guys played it?

The background and design just do not measure up to Sonic Rush Adventure's and Sonic Rush's; everything looks terribly bland. It got really bad during the hang-glider segment, there is literally NOTHING there aside from that painted-on ferris wheel.

I'd like the actual version to have more vibrant stuff in it, but if it doesn't, I can deal with it. It just feels really offsetting.
The DS version will probably suck compared to Wii. I just hope the Wii is as fun as the DS gameplay wise.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Sonic Colors OST has been ripped now.

There is a "Super Sonic" theme listed. It's about 10-15 seconds long before it loops. It's too peppy to be used in a cutscene, and it's not the final boss music...

My god, if SEGA actually did it....

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I am disturbing my roommate from playing Assassin's Creed 2 because I am jamming to the Wii version of Tropical Resort Act 1's theme.

ANd I do not care in the slightest.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I would listen to the soundtrack, but I want to be surprised. XD ♥

♣ Next week Sonic Colors, of course getting the Wii version. <3 ♥

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The Sonic Colors OST has been ripped now.

There is a "Super Sonic" theme listed. It's about 10-15 seconds long before it loops. It's too peppy to be used in a cutscene, and it's not the final boss music...

My god, if SEGA actually did it....
I noticed that actually...

Dear god LET IT HAPPEN!!!!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Psst, guys, the game's been leaked.
There's no torrent. It's in multiple links (those sites that allow only 1 DL at a time :mad: )

Thino

Smash Master
WOW @ the Soundtrack..

my ears...

I hadnt felt that since SMG2 , my god...

I might get the game JUST because of that

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
it's funny how overlooked/ignored/almost encouraged piracy is on this forum, when on another forum I frequent even mentioning illegal downloading of any sort results in a probation or ban.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I guess the Co-Op isn't worth it according to every reviewer, lol. But so far, not a single bad review on Sonic Colors, I haven't been this excited for a Sega game since Puyo Puyo 7. XD

zxeon

Smash Lord
I now know why this game looks as good as it does. SONIC TEAM sacrificed the framrate for prettier visuals. **** is this game pretty.

I'll have a full list of my gripes later this morning.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Based on what I'm reading on other forums, and putting the pieces together,
The way to get Super Sonic is through the Red Rings. Collecting Red Rings allows you to unlock more content in the Sonic Simulator, starting at 40 Red Rings = Playable Miis. The Simulator kicks off with 7 stages available at the start, with 21 in total; these stages are separated into 7 stages with 3 acts apiece. Every 10 Red Rings you collect after 40 unlocks a new stage in the Simulator; with 14 additional stages to unlock, that cranks up the Red Ring count to a grand total of 180. As for the Simulator itself, completing one of the 7 levels in its entirety grants you a Chaos Emerald - 7 stages, 7 Emeralds. So, in short, you have to collect all 180 of the Red Rings, and then complete all of the Sonic Simulator stages, to get Super Sonic

This is ALL just a rumor atm, so take it with a grain of salt. As soon as this (or some other process) is confirmed, I'll let it be known.

Still, if it's true, replayability at its finest :3

zxeon

Smash Lord
I've spent a few hours with the game and I'm having fun with the parts that aren't sidescrolling. It's a good game but there are a few things holding it back. Not a complete list.

• I wish the frame rate could have been better. The game looks nice but a smooth frame rate is good too.
  • It takes too long to achieve full jump height

• Sonic untucks from a jump if you stop holding the jump button. I'm sure there's a use for this but it takes a while to get used to.

• Sonic stops too abruptly when you let go of a direction while jumping.

The first three zones were joke the game didn't get good until Wisp Planet good enough to keep playing.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Currently DL'ing the game XP
Sweet Mountain is the best trope in the game. Giant food is awesome.
I LOVE the music to this game. Tropical Resort and Sweet Mountain have great music.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
GameTrailers gave the game a 6.4 and I was like :/

Then I saw that they complained about the voice acting and the "cheap deaths" (complete with a player sucking like holy hell) the most and I was like XD

zxeon

Smash Lord
GameTrailers gave the game a 6.4 and I was like :/

Then I saw that they complained about the voice acting and the "cheap deaths" (complete with a player sucking like holy hell) the most and I was like XD
That sounds about right. The sidescrolling parts are a nightmare and they a huge part of the game. This game is also really easy at times and the behind the back segments play like watered down SU day levels.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My gripe is wondering if those two things alone are enough to put it 2 full points lower than what other sites have given the game. Are they REALLY that detrimental to the game to warrant a 6.5 score compared to nothing less than an 8.5 from all the other sites? They didn't even address the Co-op, so lord knows how the score would be with that considered.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Not much different because iirc several reviews have stated that having two hedgehogs on screen (or w/e you're supposed to use as a second player) wouldn't be that much different so the CoOp sorta sucks

zxeon

Smash Lord
My gripe is wondering if those two things alone are enough to put it 2 full points lower than what other sites have given the game. Are they REALLY that detrimental to the game to warrant a 6.5 score compared to nothing less than an 8.5 from all the other sites? They didn't even address the Co-op, so lord knows how the score would be with that considered.
Your mileage may vary with this game. It all depends on what you're looking for going in to the game. If you're looking for this game to revolutionize Sonic as we know him what you'll get Sonic Unleashed for babies with some clumsy sidescrolling bits. I'm starting to wonder who SONIC TEAM is making these games for. If you were looking for a great game you will be disappointed by the games many less then stellar segments.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm a grand old optimist that can see the good points in everything (Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite titles in the Sonic series because of the choose-a-path structure and the surprisingly smooth controls), so my actual opinion on Colors is going to be a little clouded, because as soon as I find the good points in the game, I'm going to hone in on those and just not worry about anything else. If I like the structure of the game, I'll play it, Sonic series, Kirby series, or otherwise.

My problem is that SEGA is going to be delisting titles with bad MetaCritic scores now. So if GT is just the tip of the iceberg as post-release reviews start cropping up, I want to know if these scores are justified by the reasons they give. IMO, GT's review is not justified to the extent they went (one of their issues can be completely neglected if the option to swap from the English VAs to the Japanese VAs is true, let alone the "Skip" button).

LLDL

Smash Hero
I have the game guys. I'm gonna test it now, and I'll give you my thoughts in about an hour.

zxeon

Smash Lord
IMO, GT's review is not justified to the extent they went (one of their issues can be completely neglected if the option to swap from the English VAs to the Japanese VAs is true, let alone the "Skip" button).
Being able to skip the cutscenes or change what language they play in doesn't mean you don't have to review them. That's chunks of game that you have to skip in order to keep it palatable(at least in the case of the skip button).

Top Bottom