• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic COLORS / Colours

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I heard that some of the Simulator stages are based off of stages from the Genesis titles.

:069:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm really glad Sega finally decided to make a Sonic game based on the classic titles. And it actually received decent scores. Does anyone think it's worth it to buy this game?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm really glad Sega finally decided to make a Sonic game based on the classic titles. And it actually received decent scores. Does anyone think it's worth it to buy this game?
I'd say so. Sega has finally started to make good Sonic games again.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I have 6 emeralds on the DS version, but where the hell is that last one?

Also, my only pet peeve with this game is when you die, time doesn't restart from the last checkpoint. It continues from the time when you die :glare:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The game has a ranking system, with your score having a time score factored into it. It would make it pretty **** easy to get S ranks if the time reset to the last checkpoint, making it so as if your mistake never happened.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
That reminds me of Sonic Adventure 1. Although there weren't any rankings in that game, there were still time trials you had to complete for emblems. If you passed through a checkpoint and died, then you'd respawn at the checkpoint with a 30-second penalty.

The funny thing is that some time trials could still be completed with the 30-second penalty. :laugh:

It took me forever to complete some of them, though. Still, it was a ton of fun. I'm glad I managed to 100% SA1:DX and SA2:B.

M.K

Level 55
Pre-ordered this game and got my Sonic hat.
I can't wait to play it...
...my store already had Donkey Kong Country Returns out O_O....omg I just realized that.
Too bad I only had enough money to pre-order Colors.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Getting this Wednesday, or kirby. I'm thinking this, honestly it looks amazing. Excitteddd

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I beat the DS version last night with all emeralds.

On the Wii version, I got the 2nd stage of all the simulator stages. I hate finding those red rings :glare:

zxeon

Smash Lord
I tried playing the DS version and couldn't enjoy it. I felt like I was playing sonic rush for the third time. It also didn't help that I didn't like the way the environments looked. Everything lokks like crap and has that thick black outline to it while Sonic is polygonal with jaggies galore. The DS is starting to show it's age whenever it tries to pull off 3D. It would look just fine if they went completely sprite based like Sonic Advance.

zxeon

Smash Lord
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand **** hits the fan.

umm, inb4delistingthankstoasinglereview?

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

But really, mixed reviews are better than overwhelmingly negative ones.
For a Sonic game.

Jim Sterling has balls but we knew that already. I just don't know how he could give Sonic 4 a passing grade and come down so hard on this one.

Everything he said about the controls was true. The biggest control flaw has to be the laggy jumps. I can't count how many times I ran off an edge trying to jump off of it. I thought the problem was my TV so I didn't mention it earlier.

M.K

Level 55
Meh, whatever.
People gave Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Collosseum ****ty reviews too, just for not being Pokemon Stadiums. There's always that one hardass that tries to get nerd famous by posting all about how he can't seem to fathom how the gaming companies couldn't provide him with the penultimate game.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So is it me or has anybody not noticed that the jumping noise is REALLY annoying? Like, if they stuck to the old noises, I'd prefer that :/

EDIT:

So has this Sterling dude played 06? I mean, he claims that Colors has the worst physics engine and it really can't get worse than 06 if you can walk upside down slopes :facepalm:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sterling is a tool who thinks that he's a fan of the old games meanwhile he has no idea what actually made them good. Sonic 4 was a terrible cheap imitation of the original 3.5 games, and anybody who didn't just run along the speed-booster filled designated path could figure that out rather easily.

Sonic Colors has real exploration. It indeed has voice acting, but the scenes are actually funny! The deaths aren't cheap, and the only real complaint about the physics would be that having Sonic control the same in the 3D segments as the 2D segments means that the 2D physics can occasionally feel a bit ill-suited.

It's a **** fine game, and the best Sonic title in over a decade.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So this would be a good Christmas gift for a 10 year old girl who's the biggest sonic fan of life then?

Hmmm when does the game come out and if someone were to sell the since at over the Internet, how much could it go for?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
US version comes out on Tuesday. Europe got theirs on Friday.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So this would be a good Christmas gift for a 10 year old girl who's the biggest sonic fan of life then?

Hmmm when does the game come out and if someone were to sell the since at over the Internet, how much could it go for?
I dont get this.

finalark

SNORLAX
I just bought the game. And so far I'm into the third area and I have to say, it's fantastic!

My only complaints are:

- Jumping takes getting used to
- Pulls some BS on you sometimes
- Sonic can be pain in the *** to control in 3D

Other than that it plays great, has a fun story and is over all a great game.

Between this, Sonic 4, Sega-All Stars Racing, Bayonetta and the sadly underrated Yakuza 3 (and other titles) this might not just spark the return of Sonic, but SEGA as well.

/fanboy hopes.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Does Sega control the phantasy star titles? because the last one on the DS was good too. Just sayin'

Getting this thurs/fri :D

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm really hyped to get this Friday. The only thing I'm more excited for is DCKR.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Pretty sure SEGA's been on the up and up overall for some time now; No More Heroes? It's just Sonic that's been down the drain.

I got it last night, but haven't gotten to playing it yet. I may do that later on today, or tomorrow.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh... Sega didn't develop No More Heroes. It was Suda51, who also created Killer 7 and Flower, Sun, and Rain.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Pretty sure SEGA's been on the up and up overall for some time now; No More Heroes? It's just Sonic that's been down the drain.

I got it last night, but haven't gotten to playing it yet. I may do that later on today, or tomorrow.
Uhh, do you mean MadWorld?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Eh, I meant No More Heroes. But I thought it was developed by SEGA, not Suda. My mistake, lol

I played Colors for a bit, and though it may just be the college man in me that gets in the way, but I found Colors to be a tad bland. Maybe if the framerate was cranked up a notch like zxeon said a while back, I'd like it more.

GameTrailers gave the Presentation aspect of the game a low rating, and I laughed at that. Now that I've played the game some, I can see where it was coming from. It just doesn't have the WOW factor I came to expect.

Then again, I could just be in a pessimistic mood lately. I watched Toy Story 3 last night, and I thought that movie was horribly bland compared to the 2 prequels. Maybe I just hate media atm.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I, personally, loved Toy Story 3. Good change from the light, kiddy mood of the originals.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Anyone knows how to defeat the pirate boss?

I keep dying after I sink his ship a second time.

finalark

SNORLAX
I finished the game, my two cents on it in list form:

Pros:

- Fun, very, very, very fun
- Actually feels like a Sonic game
- Takes the best elements from many of the previous 3D Sonic games and puts them all together
- Does a nice job at balancing insane speed with some rock solid platforming
- Lots of hidden goodies, giving the game more replay value
- Good not just as a Sonic game, but as a platformer as well
- The Power Ups actually add to the experience, not subtract

Cons:

- 3D Sonic can be a pain in the *** to control
- Can feel pretty cheap at times
- It's short (I finished it in only 4 1/2 hours)
- Homing attack doesn't seem to always work right
- Drifting is stupid, hard to control and needs to go away

So yeah, I think the game's great. 4/5, if you want a good Sonic game that isn't Sonic 4 pick this one up.

Top Bottom