• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic COLORS / Colours

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I raged the moment I saw those...creatures.

WHAT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO BE?! AND WHY DO THEY HAVE TO EXIST?!

Well, Kotaku has some more info, apparently:

http://kotaku.com/5548219/sonic-colors-streaks-to-the-wii-and-ds/gallery/

Good god they're focusing completely on speed again and using boosts, yet again. WHY WON'T YOU LEARN YOUR LESSON?! Sonic was NEVER about going as fast as you possibly can.

I guess I can't fully complain with Sonic 4 on the way, but...come on, Sega. Is this another one I'm going to have to wait until it's $15 or less to buy?
I dunno, I'm one of the people who actually likes the speed and boosts. I know that Sonic was never about going as fast as you could, but I like the idea nonetheless

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That's completely subjective.
Shadow the Hedgehog, 06 and Black Knight are the only ones, that are on the record of being unsuccessful.

According to critical reception, most of the 3D titles are average to good.

Go back read some reviews, just to reflect on how these games are viewed today.
Taken from wiki
Of course some games came out bad, but look here, these games were average to good.
Now Sonic is terrible and all his 3D games blow, what happened?

I hate how the Sonic games are always a 'make it, or break it' case, they either have to be perfect, or trash. People are just being pointlessly harsh.

I'm hype for both Colors (both versions) and Sonic 4.
I'm not hardcore into Sonic anymore, but I acutally owned most of those or rented them. I used to like Sonic more than Mario, now I just don't play either much. (Though SMG2 was an exception) A2B, Sonic Adventure, were great. Heroes was annoying, the trio concept got on my nerves, and maybe it was GCN but the camera would get sticky sometimes. Unleashed was okay, I did actually enjoy that one. Shadow the Hedgehog was too short.

Wasn't really trying to be pointlessly harsh, there just haven't be near as many amazing Sonic games as there should have been. Sonic4 does look pretty nice though, and Sonic Colors does as well. I'm actually pretty excited for both of these; actually I haven't been since A2B. And I was one of the few who pre-ordered Sonic Heroes back in the day. Go me, right?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Colors looks like it's using a Hedgehog Engine that's not as wild.

I will definately use my Wii for more than browsing the internet in my bedroom now.

I'm kind of mad though cause Sonic Free Riders is 360 exclusive. That game could work w/ Move very easily, but SEGA still likes to do dumb stuff every now and then.

Sukai

Smash Champion
What?
Me?

Pff, I frequent Sega's official BBS, talk with the people there, we're ****ing normal compared to them.
Mr. Holier than thou im better than u

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have. It is NOT pretty.

Doesn't excuse the "blargh" that I see here, no matter how tame though. And pft, I don't feel holier than thou either. I was apart of the **** fandom in the first place.

I facepalm every time I hear a "Sonic needs to die" statement or the typical, "Hope SEGA doesn't screw THIS one up." Because you can't deny it. Everybody will say this EVERY single **** time. ...except me. I'm just waiting for games, playing, and liking and disliking at my own discretion. Like the old days. :(

finalark

SNORLAX
Hope SEGA doesn't screw THIS one up." Because you can't deny it. Everybody will say this EVERY single **** time. ...except me. I'm just waiting for games, playing, and liking and disliking at my own discretion. Like the old days. :(
Well, I'm sorry that everyone doesn't share the same optimism that you have. After being let down game after game after game it just kind of gets to you. Yes, I am one of the ones who is really skeptic whenever Sega announces a new Sonic (barring Sonic 4, oddly) because I'm expecting it to suck just as many other recent Sonic games have. However, at this point Sonic Colors is actually looking pretty good given all of the positive statements that I've heard about it from people who played it at E3.

Plus I love the return of the acts, zones and fantastical world. I just hope they don't overdo the cartoony bits like they did in Sonic Unleashed.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
http://www.1up.com/news/sonic-colors-intended-for-children

I was actually planning to give Sonic Colors a chance -- seemed like it could be fun, the environments looked cool, and I'd heard good impressions from E3. But now that Sega's telling me NOT to get it, I'm not sure I should.

Really that entire article made me blow an artery because Iizuka is apparently clueless as hell about the fans, but...in general it doesn't seem very promising if we're actually being told we shouldn't get the game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
What... the... hell...
Intended for little kids? Pfft, I'm still giving this a chance, and I'm 17 XD

finalark

SNORLAX
I was actually planning to give Sonic Colors a chance -- seemed like it could be fun, the environments looked cool, and I'd heard good impressions from E3. But now that Sega's telling me NOT to get it, I'm not sure I should.
Just because a game is made with kids in mind doesn't mean that it won't be fun for everyone. As far as I'm concerned, is the game is a ton of fun to play and has a low list of flaws then I don't care who it was made for.

I haven't given up on the game and neither should you.

Although if they're using "it's for a kids" as an excuse for if the game sucks then screw them.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Kids will be kids. They're too immature to take on challenges for the sake the experience and nothing will ever change this.

Even I kept playing the same games if I constantly got the game over screen.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ *sigh* Sega, you were suppose to say this game is attended for everyone, not just kids. XD ♥

♣ I will still get this game, I can guess this game is pretty much a straight forward game. ♥

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
Looks like this might be my successor to my last favorite sonic game.

BSP

Smash Legend
I plan on getting colors, but I'm a little more excited for Sonic 4. If it's anything like Sonic 3, I'll be happy.

M.K

Level 55
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I laughed so hard when I saw this on MyNintendo's Twitter.
It's like....it's almost like Sega is attempting to do everything except what their fans want.
-EVERYTHING- besides the thing that could save Sonic.

Oh LORD hahahahahaha.

finalark

SNORLAX
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I laughed so hard when I saw this on MyNintendo's Twitter.
It's like....it's almost like Sega is attempting to do everything except what their fans want.
-EVERYTHING- besides the thing that could save Sonic.

Oh LORD hahahahahaha.
The funny thing is, everyone who played the game at E3 liked it from what I've read.

SUCK IT UP SEGA. YOU MADE A GOOD SONIC GAME, NOW COME AND FACE THE MUSIC!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The story does seem a little old school which makes the game more interesting. Now to hope this game doesn't have grades like the other Sonic 3D games have, lol. Unleashed grades was my favorite though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just because a game is made with kids in mind doesn't mean that it won't be fun for everyone. As far as I'm concerned, is the game is a ton of fun to play and has a low list of flaws then I don't care who it was made for.

I haven't given up on the game and neither should you.

Although if they're using "it's for a kids" as an excuse for if the game sucks then screw them.
My problem isn't that it's intended for children, not at all -- Pokémon is technically intended for children as well and I still buy those games. My only issue is that they basically said "If you're a hardcore fan, pick up Sonic 4 and ignore Sonic Colors 'cause it'll probably suck or something." I do feel like they're using that as an excuse.

But no, I haven't actually given up on it, I'm just irked at that attitude.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It actually looks really good from what I've seen

Also, is it me, or am I the only person that I know who actually just cares if Sonic gets to get faster every game. As if all I really care for these days is for Sonic's speed?

finalark

SNORLAX
My problem isn't that it's intended for children, not at all -- Pokémon is technically intended for children as well and I still buy those games. My only issue is that they basically said "If you're a hardcore fan, pick up Sonic 4 and ignore Sonic Colors 'cause it'll probably suck or something." I do feel like they're using that as an excuse.

But no, I haven't actually given up on it, I'm just irked at that attitude.
Right now, I think they're using that as a backup just in case the game ends up sucking.

I'm really looking forward to this one... with Sonic 4 and Colors this might just be the return of the Blue Blur.

Well, if Colors ends up breaking the Sonic Cycle then all I can say is that it will feel sort of anticlimactic. I don't know, I guess it's just that when I think of the game that signaled the return of my childhood hero the worlds "Sonic Colors" just doesn't really hold much.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Right now, I think they're using that as a backup just in case the game ends up sucking.

I'm really looking forward to this one... with Sonic 4 and Colors this might just be the return of the Blue Blur.

Well, if Colors ends up breaking the Sonic Cycle then all I can say is that it will feel sort of anticlimactic. I don't know, I guess it's just that when I think of the game that signaled the return of my childhood hero the worlds "Sonic Colors" just doesn't really hold much.
..... ugh...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sonic Colors does look pretty good, but I'm not ready to go as far as to say that the Blue Blur is truly back quite yet. There've been far too many Sonic flops to assume they won't add a stupid, pointless, annoying gimmick at the last moment.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wouldn't say Sonic is back on track. But if Sonic Colors is as good as it looks, then that makes me a little happy. I'm just waiting for Sonic Team to slowly realize what they're doing wrong and try to bring out better titles.

But yeah, Colors is looking good considering Sonic Team standards at least.

finalark

SNORLAX
But yeah, Colors is looking good considering Sonic Team standards at least.
This. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be happy just so long as I'm able to play a decent Sonic game again.

I'm just waiting for them to crush my dreams for revealing a stupid gimmick that doesn't even belong in Sonic at the last minuet.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm bummed it as those stupid-looking powerups. And that it will not be released on the 360.

Really, SEGA? You screw Wii over with Sonic Unleashed, hooking the 360 owners up with two additional levels and now you won't produce anything for them? Here's an idea: MAKE THE SAME FLIPPING GAME FOR EACH SYSTEM! >.> Agh. The gameplay looks great, EXCEPT for the powerups.

Seriously. Take 360 day stages from Unleashed, add like four more, and you've got a bad *** game. No game changing powerups, no werehog, just Sonic running. >.>

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I'm bummed it as those stupid-looking powerups. And that it will not be released on the 360.

Really, SEGA? You screw Wii over with Sonic Unleashed, hooking the 360 owners up with two additional levels and now you won't produce anything for them? Here's an idea: MAKE THE SAME FLIPPING GAME FOR EACH SYSTEM! >.> Agh. The gameplay looks great, EXCEPT for the powerups.

Seriously. Take 360 day stages from Unleashed, add like four more, and you've got a bad *** game. No game changing powerups, no werehog, just Sonic running. >.>
i mean you right they should make the same game for each system
though the wii doenst hae the capablities of the 360

you can never just make sonic running only though.

i read a article from one of the programers for sonic and it makes sense

Basically he says that you have a hedgehog that runs thousands a miles at unbelivable speed
so basically a sonic game with only running would take hundreds of years to make. with very little replayblity because after all that work they would put in there would only be roughly 5 hours of game play.

I'm personally happy this is coming out. I apperciated unleashed and now that sonic 4 is coming out the "old style" sonic fans can go play sonic 3 2.0 (and stop *****ing) while the rest move on with our lives, Trying something new

finalark

SNORLAX
Agreed. You need some rock-solid platforming to go with it.

Basically he says that you have a hedgehog that runs thousands a miles at unbelivable speed
so basically a sonic game with only running would take hundreds of years to make. with very little replayblity because after all that work they would put in there would only be roughly 5 hours of game play.
Um... link please?

I'm personally happy this is coming out. I apperciated unleashed and now that sonic 4 is coming out the "old style" sonic fans can go play sonic 3 2.0 (and stop *****ing) while the rest move on with our lives, Trying something new
Trying something new is that last thing that Sonic needs at this point.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Agreed. You need some rock-solid platforming to go with it.
true quick time events get boring and the occasional use of the jump button is always happliy appreciated.

Um... link please?
http://www.destructoid.com/if-sonic-just-ran-unleashed-would-be-three-hours-long-113345.phtml

makes so much sense...

Trying something new is that last thing that Sonic needs at this point.
No they always should do something new and never give up! *does naruto cornball pose*
Sega team is so underrated. They are always coming up with new and awesome ideas
only to be crucified by half the community. ah... but i digress simplicity/ground zero is bliss for some people

finalark

SNORLAX
Sounds less like sound reason and more like a bull**** excuse to me.

No they always should do something new and never give up! *does naruto cornball pose*
Sega team is so underrated. They are always coming up with new and awesome ideas
only to be crucified by half the community. ah... but i digress simplicity/ground zero is bliss for some people
New? Sure. Awesome? Not so much...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
i mean you right they should make the same game for each system
though the wii doenst hae the capablities of the 360

Platforming is a given for Sonic though. I mean, Sonic Unleashed's stages had, IMO, the perfect combination of speed and platforming. Your reactions had to be quick or you'd screw it up big time.

The only thing they'd need to do to please the original fans more-so is follow their old level design more closely. If they have that fast-but-hard path on top and slightly-slower-yet-easier-to-follow path on the bottom, there yah go. That would be old school level design mixed with new school level design.

Having about 8 to 10 or so great Unleashed stages (main stages) with an "adventure" mode in between (like in Sonic Adventure 01) would, in my opinion, be exactly what would get Sonic a good **** review. :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Top Bottom