• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Bummer, Kassandra. Are you going to be making it to Vengeance?

For anyone that's able, I'll be showing up around 11:00 or so. Not sure when everyone else is going to be here.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
Awesome turnout today errrybody

Thanks for coming out and playing, great to meet a lot of people. Hope it was enjoyable for everyone else as well.

We have a chance for another tourney possibly April 1st but Joey and myself will have to be in contact with Brandy to give her a heads up. Let me know if any of you would be able to make it out. Also the set up would be a little different it would be at a different venue, sponsored by S2D

Again let me know

Also Lumi good meeting you and looking forward to playing some more dittos :p
You sir have some things to teach me

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Awesome turnout today errrybody

Thanks for coming out and playing, great to meet a lot of people. Hope it was enjoyable for everyone else as well.

We have a chance for another tourney possibly April 1st but Joey and myself will have to be in contact with Brandy to give her a heads up. Let me know if any of you would be able to make it out. Also the set up would be a little different it would be at a different venue, sponsored by S2D

Again let me know

Also Lumi good meeting you and looking forward to playing some more dittos :p
You sir have some things to teach me
Interesting. Different venue.

Sunday tournament is also interesting.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
It would apparently be at a country club of sorts. Same set up would be supplied by S2D but we would have more room for set ups to be brought.

@Joey: Hit me up so we can work out some details on when you wanna hold the next one

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to it! Your Wolf is solid for sure already, but there are some things I can teach you to improve. :D

Also, you guys have the results to post right? I saw the laptop got left near the setups and Ralph Cecil and I were wondering if any of the TOs emailed the file to themselves or anything.

:phone:

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
No, we didn't email the files lol. I had to dip suddenly so if Ralph could email it to me that would be love. I vaguely remember the results at least to 13th but I don't want to chance messing it up haha

I'd appreciate the help for sure. I'm all about improvement

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'll do that now actually. And yes it was his, I'm gonna work on getting something cheap specifically to use tio on. Cause Macbook=no tio for me :(

Plus I like TO'ing also I'll have a better idea of seeding for future events. And if not TO'ing I'm good at yelling rules at people heh

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well for the sake of curious minds:

1. Sneakytako - :dedede:/:rob:
2. Luminoth - :wolf:/:wario:/:jigglypuff:/:falco:
3. Overswarm - :rob:/:marth:
4. Sorasin - :falco:
5. Kel - :marth:
5. Hilt - :olimar:
7. Mister Eric - :rob:
7. Crash - :luigi2:/:dk2:
9. Clowsui - :marth:
9. Smile - :diddy:/:falco:
9. Forward Air - :fox:/:yoshi2:
9. Tactical - :lucario:
13. Ralph Cecil - :snake:/:sheik:
13. Excel - :luigi2:/:sonic:
13. Beta Dyne - :wolf:
Is the most I remember.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
i am major pumped for this, it will be my first "real" tournament... i have always wanted to get into competitive melee and if not melee then brawl. BUT KY doesn't usually get much action and i couldn't really travel before because i was to young.

Overswarm, i used ur melee falco guide to help improve my skills awhile back. I think that its cool that i may be able to meet the people who helped me get better.. :) i hope to see u all soon and i will check this board for updates

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Glad to hear it helped! ^_^

I'll be happy to sit down and play a few games with you.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Should be here, I don't think anything's going on in May for me. Will we be able to bring in TVs for this? It would be great to see this thing run fast. Also, if we run doubles before singles, you'll want to make sure everyone knows beforehand. The locals, I mean, that might not check the boards. I think keeping doubles second would be best, as long as singles runs fast (more TVs).

Edit: Also, if you ever get the chance to talk to the manager, let her know that I'm interested in talking to her about these events. A way for her to make more money for the time we spend there and perhaps for us to, at the same time, bring in more attendance regularly and improve the atmosphere. At the moment, the Magic players have more of an impact on the store's success, and that should change. She's more receptive and understanding than Josh was and I think we might actually be able to get something worked out.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
What was the problem last time, exactly? The first tournament went fine with singles iIrc... Unless it didn't and I just didn't realize it? O_O

Theres room for two extra TV's iIrc, maybe one more. I'd have to find a different place for the laptop, but that's not really too big of an issue. Would 5-6 TV's be enough to get singles done in a decent time if we actually have people playing their matches and/or we enforce a DQ rule?

I'm pretty sure I can talk to her tomorrow, actually. If you want to meet up with me tomorrow at around 6 for discussion, then it'll be good to go. My dad runs heroclix stuff there on Thursdays, and there are not really many magic players playing (theres a small group playing if they decide to cut out the roleplay night BS, but from what I see, that's kinda rare), so discussion is very easily obtained on Thursdays. Just throwing that out there xD.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
There wasn't necessarily a problem at the last event. It's just that communication between the smashers and Josh was lacking during the last wave of smash tournaments. We weren't able to improve the events and they went completely downhill. The magic players brought the store a lot more money, and because of that, Josh made us feel unimportant. Which is understandable, sure. He was only making $1 per entrant in Brawl every week that there was a tournament, while Magic players do a lot more for the business. But it got to the point to where he regularly treated us like we were bothersome to him and unwelcome any time Magic players were present. This lead to a decrease in the smashers that went to S2D for tournaments. I don't want that to happen again.

I talked to her at the last event privately about the previous situation with Josh and how she and I both didn't want any problems like that to surface in the future. Agreed that it would be better to improve communication and work with each other.

I'll see what I'm doing tomorrow, but I'm not if that'll work out since we have stuff to take care of before Saturday. I'll see when I might be able to run to Louisville in the near future.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
@Joey: I might be there tonight not sure though have a few errands to run.

@Hilt: Completely agree with you. I talked to her a little bit that day as well just about things running smooth, attempting to bring in a larger crowd and she seemed very receptive to whole idea. If we could get something set up for the Summer thats a much larger event, more tv's, more space to play (essentially meaning not having to give up tables to magic players so early on), and most importantly more entrants. We should easily be able to fit another 3-4 tv's in there. We've done it before. Also making sure we have enough people on TO'in staff to keep things running as smooth as possibly.

I've got some ideas brewing so you two should text me or pm me so we can discuss and elaborate on them.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh yeah, we probably need to be more strict on the cursing policy there. May make us look better or something :p.

Also, Okay Oliver haha. Something like the big event we had so many winters ago? I can start talking to her about it and see how it goes. I don't think she'd be against it.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
No joke though. She doesn't care if we cuss, she just doesn't want us screaming at the top of our lungs. I mean kids do walk through the store on a pretty regular basis.....

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
There have been two so far, both about a month apart from each other. And yes, after this upcoming one there will be more.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
They're going to be a monthly like thing.

1st was February 18th iIrc, 2nd was March 10th.

Nothing in April because we planned for April 1st and it's not going down lol.

Top Bottom