• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
But how are we supposed to have double mk vs double mk then ?!?

SpIn Me ArOuNd

Kel

Smash Master
Since MK is going to be legal what will be the stage list? Also, will there be a LGL? these are very important pieces of information.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Should the stage list be changed?

Also:

There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters except Metaknight. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight.
For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight.

copy-pasted from the rules in the OP :p.

\KILLER/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because no one thinks he's fair but they still want him legal, so they try as hard as they can to artificially and arbitrarily handicap him.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha, yeah. Kel and Tako's normal matches mostly involve Tako saying "nope, back to the ledge!" and Kel having to win before the timer runs out because of the LGL.

In friendlies.

XD

Kel

Smash Master
So why does MK have fewer allowed ledge grabs? Is it to nerf his ledge guarding? To make things more interesting? Why do you leave it on at your tournaments?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
and that's one of the many reasons I don't go to MK legal events anymore.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If this is MK Banned, I'll more likely than not be able to talk enough people from KC into carpooling with me.

I'd take MM's against whoever wants to play MK against me since I come from an MK Banned local tournament scene so I'm probably bad at the matchup because I don't get practice against mid-level MK players which is what is holding me back from being an international level player.

Kel

Smash Master
This probably isn't worth a drive from KC, that's kinda far. This is a 5 dollar local tournament.

By all means, if you guys want to show up, we'd love to have you, but you may be disappointed. There are only 3 TVs haha

DeLux

You guys are chumps then

I've done a whole lot more for a whole lot less

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
Yeah about that LGL Joey and I are going to discuss concrete rules tomorrow when he isn't busy. There isn't going to be a lower LGL for MK. Stages will more than likely be the usuals. I see no reason to change everything because of MK, we have to learn to fight him eventually

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Honestly, I'll look around at other tournaments in the area and see what they're doing with their rulesets. The main point of this should be to practice in the settings that are similar to other tournaments we could possibly attend. If they have the same ledge grab limit for everyone, then that's fine. I'd prefer not to do anything crazy since it's just a local and we're really trying to use this for practice specifically, which is why I copied the Unity Ruleset in the first place. Something that was concrete that we could use pretty solidly for practice and it wouldn't weaken our performances in other tournaments.

\KILLER/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
"Lagless TVs"

If this is MK Banned, I'll more likely than not be able to talk enough people from KC into carpooling with me.

I'd take MM's against whoever wants to play MK against me since I come from an MK Banned local tournament scene so I'm probably bad at the matchup because I don't get practice against mid-level MK players which is what is holding me back from being an international level player.
This one's probably a bit too small on average; we have somewhere around maybe 20 people show up on good days?

DeLux

I want to see Kentucky though

And if you come Overswarm, that would make it a good day by default and we'd have 21!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If it was MK banned I'd be there for sure, but if it's MK legal then it's worthless for practice. I've done the MK thing, and it sucked. Soulessly winning money with the only joy coming from timing people out and playing to piss people off. I briefly tempted coming to this and making all of my matches take 8 minutes with or without a LGL to run the tournament over time like I did during pool matches at one of Nope's, but it's not even worth the drive.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317124&page=3

Just look over the posts John makes in that thread showing the progression of the MK banned and MK unbanned meta game, and you'll see MK unbanned has shown absolutely nothing has changed. Nor will it ever. :|

I'm closing on a house relatively soon and plan on having some private house tournaments with an emphasis on playing many friendlies and improving after I do, so that might be something you could look forward to if you were interested more in games than larger tournaments. If this pro-MK sentiment keeps up though I'll probably just drop smash. It's not worth attending tournaments that pick your character for you.

DeLux

You heard it here folks, MK Banned gets Overswarm + KC, the package deal

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't honestly know what we're doing with the MK ban after this tournament. I'd like to get feedback from players that were at either of the previous two events and this up-coming one and see which rule-set they preferred.

\KILLER/

DeLux

I don't really care what happens after this tournament since this coming one is the only one I want to go to

Top Bottom