• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Thinking oyu got a girl pregnant is easily the scariest thing in the world.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...?

Unless one intended to do it, so that said couple could become a family?

...Yeah, go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong there, but I'm pretty sure some look forward to that?

Also Chaco I can't help but take a minute to constantly stare at your Avi, it's mezmorising

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah he means unintentionally though.

And you shoulda seen my old sig, lol.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Thinking oyu got a girl pregnant is easily the scariest thing in the world.
Yeah, except for douche bags like that dude who took advantage of her and planned on never seeing her again/knowing she would never recognize hm. Protip girls, don't get drunk at parties without having a buddy to constantly be with.

...?

Unless one intended to do it, so that said couple could become a family?

...Yeah, go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong there, but I'm pretty sure some look forward to that?
It's still a scary thought, though =D Just a more happy scary one.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah Livvers we talked to her about that today. And lucky him I found out who it was...

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I have a dilemma that I don't want to discuss. But I want to know

Yes or no

If I get majority yes' then I'll do it and if it works I'll tell everyone about it. K?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have a dilemma that I don't want to discuss. But I want to know

Yes or no

If I get majority yes' then I'll do it and if it works I'll tell everyone about it. K?
Put me down as a yes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I say no. ;3 If its something you probaly shouldn't do, then don't. be smart. :]

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
YEZS!

... Hmm, but seriously now, let's see if I have anything to say...

... Okay, I am slightly displeased I can't come up with anything now...

... Oey! I got something!

Why is it that my mother might be afraid to go to a specific neighborhood in a section of the city? She says it's something about how a 16 year old kid got shot at a party (and died), however doesn't this stuff happen ALL THE TIME, and just trying to avoid it will only make you paranoid if the fear is not treated?

It's either she has a problem, or I don't know what I could get myself into by going against her will.

I need advice, please?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good. I'm not sure some girls realize that that's how people go missing. Glad you guys found out who the guy was.
Yeah, a lot don't realize it. Also there was a video that surfaced today of her. Needless to say rumors started, and it was killed down by mandatory deletion of the video.

Yeah, he's gonna have a few people after him...not good.

GOD!

Smash Ace
YEZS!

... Hmm, but seriously now, let's see if I have anything to say...

... Okay, I am slightly displeased I can't come up with anything now...

... Oey! I got something!

Why is it that my mother might be afraid to go to a specific neighborhood in a section of the city? She says it's something about how a 16 year old kid got shot at a party (and died), however doesn't this stuff happen ALL THE TIME, and just trying to avoid it will only make you paranoid if the fear is not treated?

It's either she has a problem, or I don't know what I could get myself into by going against her will.

I need advice, please?
Does your dad live in your house? and is he the one wearing the pants, if yes to that question?

If not, Idk. My mom is insane, she is scared of everything just like that. She won't let me even drive to waffle house after dark because "people get mugged there all the time." And she can't even prove it when I ask her too. Oh, and I'm 18.

If I were you I'd try and treat her with respect, honestly. I'm assuming your mom is a single parent raising you, cause in that case we have the same situation. Women don't think the same way as men, and when they are forced to lead a household by themselves, it is almost against their nature.

Of course if you have a great dad.. ask him to reason with her. hope this help.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes, and I'm not really sure of the answer to the second question, really... So bleh.

Actually, I do have both my parents, though the "man" of the house is my step-dad, my real dad is somewhere in Mexico BTW so no chance of him getting to say anything.

However I do suppose treating your parents with respect is never a bad thing.

Too bad about my step-dad though, who probably has a worse mindset than her concerning the field of "letting your children live their childhood lives to the fullest", in fact, I would say he encourages I never go out to places where I might be around my peers...

That's not really a problem most of the time, since I don't really like to be around my peers or elders anyway.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
God, you are either an idiot or a troll.

Where do you live, Kinzer? There are some parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan I would never go to without someone with me. And then there are some parts that I would just plain never go to.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...I'm a troll? I guess some could say that is right...

Anyway Las Vegas.

... I should change that, really. I guess the remix in my location of that one episode of cops isn't too clear on where he got arrested.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So I got back about two hours ago from giving a presentation in one of my college classes. The report that went with the presentation was a huge pain in the rear to finish. Both were supposed to be a team effort, but over the past two days... our five-person team effectively became three. So as a result, I had to work on the thing constantly over the course of two days, only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep per day.

Plus, I'm fairly confident I brought the team down during the presentation. The summary of my part: "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...." Yeah, it was fillerific, and I HATE IT. Of course, I hate giving presentations in the first place, but at least it's over for now.

If anyone had been remotely tracking my posts here, this was ONE of the two classes I hate. The other class I hate (Data Structures and Algorithms) I recently made an 85 on an exam. Not too bad, but I'm still not really pleased with it. It really bugs me. I mean, sure it's not failing, but I HAVE to keep a 3.5 to keep myself in the honors program at my school.

In all honesty, I've lost the enthusiasm I had for learning, I think. Really, that's why I went to college: I loved to learn stuff. Now... I'm starting to consider the possibility that all this perfectionist stuff is pointless. I'll end up getting the same piece of paper as everyone else, and plus, a 3.5+ isn't gonna change the fact at all that I'm not gonna end up with a job because of the interview, which is JUST as bad if not WORSE than the presentation.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Anyway Las Vegas.

... I should change that, really. I guess the remix in my location of that one episode of cops isn't too clear on where he got arrested.
No, I think he is saying the user God, below you, is a troll.

Veggi

Smash Champion
LOL!

I thought he was referring to Kinzer too, the first sentance he made was really misleading.

Anyway, assuming that the area still has the same type of people there, it's best not to try it. Although, I'm really not sure of all the information. Either way, getting on your parent's bad side is something to consider.

Why do you want to go there though?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL!

I thought he was referring to Kinzer too, the first sentance he made was really misleading.

Anyway, assuming that the area still has the same type of people there, it's best not to try it. Although, I'm really not sure of all the information. Either way, getting on your parent's bad side is something to consider.

Why do you want to go there though?
Well, the only Brawl weekly I know of on a Saturday is in what my mother claims to be a bad area...

However, it wasn't even in the same venue/shopping center as the building where this kid got shot, and you can't really avoid some things if they happen right? I mean gang activity is bad and all that, I don't deny, but I also don't deny that this could happen to anybody, and the neighborhood I live in has the same chance of this kind of stuff happening/my house getting robbed and all that jazz... doesn't it?

I dunno if I'm just ignoring the fears of Mother or if I donn't have any real idea of what really could happen...

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer

Anyway Las Vegas.

OMG! Lol, sorry. And here I though people would be thinking I called the actual God a troll.

I can imagine parts of Vegas being pretty scummy. I don't know it at all, so I can't tell if she's justified or not. Different neighborhoods are definitely more prone to bad activity than others. If she's really worried, maybe see if she could personally drive you there?

First, Livvers is a girl.
Shhhhh =)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, she did me up there herself the first time around...

...Our first impression was there was all these black gangpeople (I'm not a racist, I'm sorry that was all I saw) with their loud music and women who really needed something to wear besides strings out in the parking lot... :/

Not very convincing, but at least they didn't do anything destructive AFAIK.

But that was the first time and only once so far, maybe the next time if i could convince her, they will be gone... if not, even I would rather not be around such a place if said people continue to be there.

GOD!

Smash Ace
God, you are either an idiot or a troll.

Where do you live, Kinzer? There are some parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan I would never go to without someone with me. And then there are some parts that I would just plain never go to.
umm, thanks. What was that for?

GOD!

Smash Ace
I guess I assumed that people actually wanted good solutions to their problems here. Unless the whole point of the thread is just to complain.

EDIT: I'm bothered by people who spend all their time on an internet forum calling people trolls. These people should go outside or learn an instrument

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Oh Christ. I honestly thought he could've been trying to start something by saying it's against a woman's nature to lead a household by themselves. I mean, clearly there are thousands of women who do this, so I though he was trying to make the statement to get someone genuinely flared up.

Regardless, I got a "you spend all day on the internet get a life" response, so lol.

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
I'm 14 and it sucks. I know life is gonna get harder. All you should do is accept that childhood is over and prepare for adulthood. Prepare as much as you can for responsibilities, and suck. You can never prepare enough though. Too many things are rushing through your minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom