• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'm flunking out of school. I don't think I can study any harder. I can't imagine any other program that I could enroll in that I would outperform my peers (except the useless crap like Accounting or Sociology.) I can only think of one way to solve the problems in my life, but if there's some radical new idea for how to salvage this catastrophe I'd like to hear it.
Dude, business and/or accounting are definitely not fields or majors people consider "useless".

You'd also be surprised with the flexibility of more academic majors like sociology or English or history. The majority of people end up in an area completely different from their major.

Smash Master
Buld on them? Switching in now I'll be 24 by the time I get my major. I need it to be a finished product.

Business is glutted because it's easy. Only rich, white kids with successful parents and people with majors in their respective fields as well get to be managers.

No matter how hard I try the result is always the same, and its always failure.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Dude, I'm not going to be starting art school until the age of 23, meaning I won't be done until 27. People are getting degrees at all different ages. Giving up solves nothing.

To add on: And if I want to major in a more specific art field, I'll be in school even longer. At least with an initial degree, it can help you get a related job, and then you can go to school while working that job. It is possible.

Good advice to anyone: Take internships.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Woo, anxiety :(

I have to do a 15 minute presentation in front of 40ish people tomorrow. I hate large groups of people staring at me. I don't get stressed about anything else. As soon as I have to perform something in front of people though, it's a whole different story...

/whining

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

I have to do a 15 minute presentation in front of 40ish people tomorrow. I hate large groups of people staring at me. I don't get stressed about anything else. As soon as I have to perform something in front of people though, it's a whole different story...

/whining
Try making your presentation funny, if possible. That's always helped me with my seminars, I just tell some jokes relevant to the topic.

As for me...I just play F.E.A.R. and am freaked out now...

Smash Master
Noone will care if you mess up. If you say something offensive, take a moment out of your script to apologize.

Also, an attitude problem (which it isn't, the material is way too hard and there are no viable alternatives) is just as unsolvable as an intelligence problem, so even if it is an attitude problem, I'm still screwed.

Edit: how the hell did you get a job with no degree?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Update on the pig thing:

I had to chase kids out of our yard like 4 times today already, and it's only 5pm.

I told Cody either the pig moves or I'm moving.
We'll see how that goes.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Because she could kill them and we'd get sued for having a farm animal in the city that happens to destroy animals?

Was that a serious question?

Niiro

Smash Ace
Why not just let the pig chase them out? ^^
Heh, just threaten to infract them on smashboards. that will show them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, an attitude problem (which it isn't, the material is way too hard and there are no viable alternatives) is just as unsolvable as an intelligence problem, so even if it is an attitude problem, I'm still screwed.

Edit: how the hell did you get a job with no degree?
Attitude problems are completely solvable, far more solvable than intelligence problems. The fact that you said they aren't just continues to illustrate how emo you're being. If you're legitimately working as hard as you can and you're not able to keep up in your chosen field, its either time to take classes on how to study and try again or to choose a new field. Another option would be to lighten your course load and take an extra year to finish.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Now the advertisements in this forum is starting to bug me.

A few seconds ago, I saw an advertisement for lip suction. No big deal.... until there was a picture of a woman with big*** lips. It was highly disturbing.

I won't be able to get the images out of head for weeks! D:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Update on the pig thing:

I had to chase kids out of our yard like 4 times today already, and it's only 5pm.

I told Cody either the pig moves or I'm moving.
We'll see how that goes.
Put a sign up that the pig has rabies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

/whining
I'm doing the same thing next month for 200 people! I can't wait, it'll be such a power trip

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
seriously just get rid of the pig.

obviously wayy too much of a hassle.

Smash Master
Attitude problems are completely solvable, far more solvable than intelligence problems. The fact that you said they aren't just continues to illustrate how emo you're being. If you're legitimately working as hard as you can and you're not able to keep up in your chosen field, its either time to take classes on how to study and try again or to choose a new field. Another option would be to lighten your course load and take an extra year to finish.
Just like to point out that your solution would solve an intelligence problem, not an attitude one.

Azua, have you tried telling the kids that the pig is lethal?

Also, if it doesn't automatically turn off the sig, can we assume we have enough text... I figured since you're here.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I'm doing the same thing next month for 200 people! I can't wait, it'll be such a power trip
Haha, I think I'd have a heart attack if I had to speak to that many people.

Well today's presentation went well in the end. A couple of girls helped me practice in the morning which turned out to be a lifesaver. My legs were shaking but everyone was far away and there were things to stand behind so no one ever noticed :laugh:. I didn't use rehearsed lines and decided to just free flow through the whole thing. People found it funny when I pulled out a wooden stick to teach anatomy but I thought it was a good idea lol. There was much laughter (not always with me) but it's all good :).

People liked it and I kept their attention the whole way through which is good enough for me.

Now to never ever do that again.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
The kids are like 5-10 years old, they don't listen to warnings.

I don't think people understand that it's kind of hard to get rid of a FARM ANIMAL when you live around an area that HAS NO FARMS.
There's a good chance she'll be euthanized if animal control gets her, and I can't put any signs up because we are not allowed to have her in the city.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So your pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
mmm yuck

have you actually talked to him yet about the pig? sorry i dont remember if you said this or not

and WTF where did you get counterfit batteris

Smash Master
I have recieved maybe two A's since the semester began.

I have an exam today and three on Wednesday.

I'm literally failing all my classes.

My National Merit Scholarship is gone, and no amount of effort can change it.

I just want to not starve to death on the street. That's it. My happiness is a function of one variable: How close am I to starving to death on the street? Right now, I'm miserable. How do I find a decent job that I can do for the rest of my life? I can't afford to wait four years for a new BS B.S.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meh. I have no girlfriend, no job, only two classes at school, and thats it. I have no liscense, I'm not that good at smash, gah!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Meh. I have no girlfriend, no job, only two classes at school, and thats it. I have no liscense, I'm not that good at smash, gah!
At least you're alive. xD

To be honest, relationships cause lots of stress, you can easily get a job and license if you tried, and smash isn't that important. Buck up. :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At least you're alive. xD

To be honest, relationships cause lots of stress, you can easily get a job and license if you tried, and smash isn't that important. Buck up. :3
Hey thanks! I feel a bit better. :]

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
relationships are ALOT of stress. when one comes....one comes

stay in school, keep any job, work at a mall. its all you really need. like Kawaii said, getting your license isnt that hard

keep your chin up kid

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm falling right back into where I was a year ago. It annoys me. My bestfriend, who happens to be a girl, is like the only girl I've totally ever had major feelings for. We almost dates several times, but to mask that over I dated a ton of girls. Lost interest and hurt them, but I didn't want to. So yeah, I did a lot of bad things in that department. And talking recently to Falchion, made me realize more that I still really like am enthralled with her. So I hung out with her a lot, and we start like joke flirting, then flirting for real. she has a boyfriend, who's one of my friends. It's annoying.

I suck in relationships btw.

On another note, today I found out one of my friends was partying. She's a total lightweight, and took ten shots of tequila and vodka, that totally put her out. Then a random guy asked her to go to bed, and he said he was just going to watch her. All she remembers is making out with him, woke up with no pants.

So that happened on Saturday night, she's not on her period and so today I threw out the money to buy her a "day after" pill. But it's been two nights. My other friends are going to get it to her tonight. I just hope it works. Ugh, I'm stressed today.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I wish people would stop being *******s. I mean at school, there is always those people that don't fit in, and everybody else just acts like such a **** towards them. Like this rather fat guy in my Algebra II class is always being made fun of and ****, while he tries to be nice to everyone else, people just use him to buy **** for them. It pisses me off so much that people don't like him just because of how he looks. Gah. I feel so depressed now.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
So that happened on Saturday night, she's not on her period and so today I threw out the money to buy her a "day after" pill. But it's been two nights. My other friends are going to get it to her tonight. I just hope it works. Ugh, I'm stressed today.
Well the morning after pill actually works as long as it's taken within 3-4 days (despite the name), so it should be fine hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom