• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Ok here's one for you guys.

lmfao, I'm guessing everyone is going to be like "Get a **** job" or something but here it is lol.

I'm 15 going on 16 this Novmeber, and I go to a Technical Highschool with work up the butt.
I'm never reallly home, I'm always out and about and I never have time to do my homework at reasonable hours. (I'm up till about 2-3am doing homework pretty much everynight and I wake up for school at 5:45)
i'v been begging my cheap father to get me a laptop so I'll be able to work when I'm not home, but him being cheap, well yeah. So I was thinking of trying to get a smartphone so I'll be able to work on my schoolwork while not on my computer. (I did this back when I was on T-mobile and had an iPhone 3G) But I don't have the iPhone anymore since my family switched to sprint, And you you know about GSM and CMDA differences, yeah, Iphone=/=Sprint. So I sold it a while back

Anyway, my question to you guys is how would I be able to raise enough money to get the Samsung Galaxy S, (Preferred) or the EVO 4G, I'll be able to do more of my school work on those phones when I'm out and about.

I don't really have time for a job and I get a whooping $5 a week from my dad.
So yeah
thanks guys ^^

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Stupid woman ruining things in class. I get that she's into me and she keeps giving me these looks. I'm akward at non-verbal communication so I just wanna wait till after class to make my move on her, but she keeps looking at me so I keep acting like I'm doing something else, but when I do that I get the feeling that she thinks it's a sign that I'm not interested. **** just wait till after class so I can talk to you.
Well, forget about waiting after class. It seems to me if you wait, she probably wouldn't even give you the time of day AFTER class.

Just forget about who would care if they saw you say something to her.

In class and she's looking at you? Just ask her out right then and there. **** all your class mates.

I mean, this seems to me like a one-time opportunity.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I feel better, and to an extent, get enjoyment over reading about other people's issues in this thread.

I'm not quite sure what it is. I'm certainly not coming up with solutions for things in my head, but on the other hand I don't see myself as a masochist (au contraire). Maybe it's just knowing that while I might feel weak, indecisive and inferior, and everyone I see around me seems so much stronger, smarter, confident, everybody has their own insecurities and issues, I'm not the only one struggling at times.

Or maybe I'm just bored.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
that would be sick.
But I can't do thattt.
Anything that has to do with money that doesn't have anything to do with school is considered gambling.
nah, you charge venue fee and give away prizes. perfect.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I hate how I quit finding excuses to justify my failures, that stops now!!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Anyone else in here Geography/GIS majors? I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for my spatial analysis project(it's the most important part of the class) I'm more into Urban Geography. Any ideas?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
**** , there's that girl that I want to know more but I can't see her that much thanks to both of us ****ed over college hours. :(
Yeah I know that sucks. You need to join clubs or find out what's going on on campus and then tell her to come with you. It can't hurt.

I think there is something going on between me and this girl in class. But she's like twice my age(probably a bit more than that) so flirting with her is awkward. I always feel like I'm not being mature and direct enough.

Edit: I'll be as direct as possible. Can't hurt at this point.

Edit2: You know despite the fact that she's twice my age she doesn't act like it all. She acts like she's my age(or maybe a bit younger) and not doesn't fit the cliche older women who only expresses interest in someone younger cause she's trying to get laid. But you see despite the fact that I knew this I never treated this way, I still treated her as like the cliche assertive older woman. I stereotyped her and because that my overly direct approach didn't work. Had I played this like usual(there is still hope here though) I'd be doing much better with her. I honestly feel bad, like I was being ignorant or prejudice against her. I really learned something from this.

RATED

Smash Lord
Yeah I know that sucks. You need to join clubs or find out what's going on on campus and then tell her to come with you. It can't hurt.

I think there is something going on between me and this girl in class. But she's like twice my age(probably a bit more than that) so flirting with her is awkward. I always feel like I'm not being mature and direct enough.

Edit: I'll be as direct as possible. Can't hurt at this point.

Edit2: You know despite the fact that she's twice my age she doesn't act like it all. She acts like she's my age(or maybe a bit younger) and not doesn't fit the cliche older women who only expresses interest in someone younger cause she's trying to get laid. But you see despite the fact that I knew this I never treated this way, I still treated her as like the cliche assertive older woman. I stereotyped her and because that my overly direct approach didn't work. Had I played this like usual(there is still hope here though) I'd be doing much better with her. I honestly feel bad, like I was being ignorant or prejudice against her. I really learned something from this.
The problem is that my college hours are: Mondays and Wednesday from 8:30am to 3:30pm

Tuesdays and thursday from 8:30am to 11:30am

she have classes from Monday to saturday from 3:30pm to 5pm and thursday she has a class from 6pm to 10pm : ( : (

also there's one little prob that I have to solve b4 being direct ( and I am a direct person myself) is that her bro is a friend of mine. i was going to solve that today but he was absent today.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
The problem is that my college hours are: Mondays and Wednesday from 8:30am to 3:30pm

Tuesdays and thursday from 8:30am to 11:30am

she have classes from Monday to saturday from 3:30pm to 5pm and thursday she has a class from 6pm to 10pm : ( : (

also there's one little prob that I have to solve b4 being direct ( and I am a direct person myself) is that her bro is a friend of mine. i was going to solve that today but he was absent today.
Do either of you live on the campus?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Does she drive herself to school? Could she head to the school early, when you're out of class or something?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Nothing about my friend today.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I found out that I can only apply to the Math SAT II Subject tests for December, which is not enough time for my college applications. :(

I feel like beating myself up for this. My mom would probably yell at me too. I hope my college guidance counselors can help me here.

WHY DO THEY NOT HAVE NOVEMBER DATES!!!
Life is the ultimate troll.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
ROFL, I agree with you. that would be the ******** **** ever. and she lives far from college
Pretty much.
You have a back to your hand for a reason. Use it.
Is it wrong that I love both of these posts? boy, being a hypocrit really takes alot out of me :p

Pretty sure there are girls on the internet, so prepare for the **** storm lmao

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I reconnected with one of my old friends today, and I think I made her really uncomfortable by telling her that I liked her back when we used to hang out. I really don't see why that would make her uncomfortable, it was 3 years ago, moreover I told her that I moved out of her country so she can't possibly think that I was trying to hit on her or something.

I feel like it's not my fault but I'm still bothered by this, my attraction to her aside I always thought she was really cool and I was fond of her before I started liking her. It would have been really cool if we could be friends again =(

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I've been very forgetful lately. Loosing stuff, not looking when I'm driving, forgetting to do things. When ever I go home, I can't put a smile on. It's kind of affected my concentration for studying and my skill when I'm playing Smash. I think this is stemming from being depressed. I can't help myself, but I get depressed on how boring my life is becoming, how I have few close friends now, my mom's always on my back about stuff, and how I haven't had a relationship in a long time and a good one in even longer. I come here a lot to complain about this, so it seems like I'm having trouble getting over this and that my life isn't improving much.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I've been very forgetful lately. Loosing stuff, not looking when I'm driving, forgetting to do things. When ever I go home, I can't put a smile on. It's kind of affected my concentration for studying and my skill when I'm playing Smash. I think this is stemming from being depressed. I can't help myself, but I get depressed on how boring my life is becoming, how I have few close friends now, my mom's always on my back about stuff, and how I haven't had a relationship in a long time and a good one in even longer. I come here a lot to complain about this, so it seems like I'm having trouble getting over this and that my life isn't improving much.
Don't try and 'get over it'. It's such a BS concept. Sure, you can influence events and actions, but you have little to no control to your feelings. You can think yourself out of an event, but you can't outthink a feeling. And, from personal experience at least, the inner struggle with yourself is FAR worse than the actual events.

Instead of focusing on trying to get over it, I'd try to accept your current mood as it is and to just cope with it. Move the focus from dealing with those feelings, and move it to dealing with the events and situation around you. You might be surprised about how much of an influence you can have on your own life.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I have a friend, well, a best friend.

She's really awesome but i just can't seem to get over her childish behavoir.

I was having a conversation with her since i hadn't seen her in the long time;and she just started using caps for no reason.

conversation said:
Me: Hi. :O
Her: HOWDY
Me: Somebodys happy. o.o
Her: I LOVE PANCAKES
Me: As do i?
Her: SUP BRO
Me: i already said hi..
Her: WELLL I'M SAYING HI AGAIN SO HI WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT HAHA HIHIHIHHIHIHI
Now, i love a good laugh, but this stuff is just getting annoying;she even has her PM as full caps with a "nogaems" joke.

Either i have no sense of humor or i'm getting old;but everyone else i talk to we have funny conversations, but it's not ecks dee randum.

I'm just thinking about not even talking to her anymore.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman

I was having a conversation with her since i hadn't seen her in the long time;and she just started using caps for no reason.

Now, i love a good laugh, but this stuff is just getting annoying;she even has her PM as full caps with a "nogaems" joke.

Either i have no sense of humor or i'm getting old;but everyone else i talk to we have funny conversations, but it's not ecks dee randum.

Before you even consider that, have you even talked to her about this? As in take what you've said here, and say it to her. Maybe she doesn't know that you find her typing style annoying. Just tell her that you think she's awesome and all but the typing and silliness is too much for you. She'd probably be willing to compromise and be less spammy and childish. It'd be silly to throw away a friendship over just this.

#HBC | ѕoup

I literally have tried.

I ask her nicely to please tone down the randomness and shes like "y so srs XD"
"because there is a time to be serious and a time not to be srs"
"i don't know why you get so upset about it. :/"
"because it's just..kind of annoying"
"OH SO NOW I'M ANNOYING?"

then she ****fits all over and i have to apologize for being "rude"
she's been like this for the LONGEST TIME.
I usta be like that, but i've really grown up since then.
Maybe i'm being too serious..

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I literally have tried.

I ask her nicely to please tone down the randomness and shes like "y so srs XD"
"because there is a time to be serious and a time not to be srs"
"i don't know why you get so upset about it. :/"
"because it's just..kind of annoying"
"OH SO NOW I'M ANNOYING?"

then she ****fits all over and i have to apologize for being "rude"
she's been like this for the LONGEST TIME.
I usta be like that, but i've really grown up since then.
Maybe i'm being too serious..
Oh, so it's not just typing but general attitude :/. Yeah, you shouldn't feel obliged to have a conversation you don't want to have. Time goes on, people change. It's unfortunate but it happens.

If you're incapable of holding any sort of conversation that you both enjoy I think it's time to move on.

#HBC | ѕoup

Well it's just like i want to still be her friend, we've been friends for 5 years.

It's a huge burden, so i just decided to stay low and simply not sign in to my msn anymore;or use another one.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

Is talking to her over the phone not an option?
Or is IM the only way to communicate with each other for whatever reason?

#HBC | ѕoup

Could do both, she hates talking on the phone;but loves skype.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah Skype's awesome. Try doing that more often maybe?

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
The way in which I greive bothers me

Okay, so my GF died of a heart attack last week (she had a heart defect) It was a long distance relationship from Day 1 so there was no physical connection, and we were together for very nearly 8 months.

So, she died, There was a day afterwords I laid dormant in my room, so torn down, but the next day, all the negative zen was cleared, and I felt better. But, I feel like, given how much we loved each other, I should've grieved for longer.

This happens also for just about every person I lose, I grieve for anywhere between 24-48 hrs, and then I'm fine. This makes me feel bad in a way, because I feel like I should be more emotionally distraught, and I feel heartless for getting over people's deaths so quickly.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think im that type too...I get over losses extremely quickly...but I don't feel that bad about it. IDK.

And...Girls add so much unnecessary drama to life :\

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Drama is a by-product of emotions, and emotions are what make us human. I like Drama in the sense that it makes me feel alive, and just feel in general.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm sure it was more than just boredom that made you shave your eyebrows.......

I remember when I was little I was taking a bath and found my moms razor blade sitting somewhere. Safe, I know.
So I pretended to shave haha

Turned out I shaved my one eyebrow completely. I was little so I didn't give a **** but it was funny afterwards.
I vaguely remember it hurting a bit, but it's hard to remember since it happened so long ago.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Alright Guys, this one is a big one :/

So I'v been dating this girl since March 30, 2009 right? So it's been about a year and halff. We have had our breaks but other than that, we've been a great couple.

Well, This week, as me and her are walking around school before it starts, she notices that I was staring at some other girl, some freshmen girl. So she got mad, but didn't tell me. I on the other hand did not notice me staring at this freshmen. So the next day comes, and i "do it again" as she says. So she gets mad and yeah. I work it out with her, telling her I didn't realize I was doing it, and all that. Telling her how she's the only one for me and all that stuff.
Now, this freshman texts me (I have her in my Spanish Class so I got her number just in case I forgot something or whatever, I like getting other peoples numbers if their in my class) at 5:10 am, (the time she wakes up apparently) And I send her back a text, then she replied, and then I didn't. As she replied, I deleted all 3 texts. (My girl sometimes goes though my phone, and I didn't want her getting all "wtf" about it) So that day goes by just fine, and we hung out at her house after school that day. Now we we're just relaxing and stuff, and she starts messing with my phone. She looks at the recent contacts, and that Freshmen's name was number two. So then my girl looks thought my texts, and doesn't find any texts from that girl. So she starts going off on me because I deleted only that frieshmens messages, and she knows I was texting her and she thought I was hiding something and blahblahblah. So After like an hour or so talk/argue. My girl finally believed me when I told her what the texts said, why I deleted them (I told her I deleted the texts that were ether, facebook, and people I don't reallly text) So she gives me the BOD, (Benefit of the Dought) and everything is back cool right? Wrong.

So my dad comes to pick me up right as we just made up and everything was cool. So I get home and I'm all happy because all that non-sense of me "checking over girls out" is all over and stuff.
So I call my girlfriend a little after I get home, and she's acting all blah right? So I ask her whats wrong and everything, and she sends me this on skype: " Me: August 6 at 11:45pm
Loll, no need to be shy and sayinn' sorrrry, it's all good :3. What's up? This Girl named Kayla that I don't talk too: August 6 at 11:46pm
Lol , Nothinn Really (; Would You Rather Talk On I.M ? lol"

Those were messages from my facebook, She had just went though my messages on facebook, and pulled that one out. (We both know each other's facebook logins and junk)
And my girl asked her best friend, and another one of her friends if that seems like I'm flirting with that Kayla girl. At first my girl thought I was, So she asked her best friend, and she said it was, then she asked one other friend and he said it was also.
I was not meaning to flirt. I never talked to that chick ever in my life before that message (it wasn't there, but Kayla sent me a message before that saying something along that lines of like "Sorry for randomly adding you, I'm shy blahblahblahh" So I replied with what is up there. and she replied with that is up there and yeah. My girlfriend thought I was flirting. So now she's all "I don't know if I can trust you" "I just don't care anymore" "I think you're lying to me, I think you were flirting with that girl" and all that stuff..

So now, my girlfriend
1) Thinks I flirt with other girls
2) Doesn't trust me anymore even though I'm telling the truth. AND I never lie to her.
3) Is all blah and like pissed at me.

I'v talked to other people about what is happening and all of them told me that my girl is "trippin`"
They never gave me an idea on how to solve this problem, which is why I came here.
So please, please, does anyone have an idea on how I get her to know I'm telling the truth, solve this or anything that can do something positive to this problem?

and if possible, I would like ideas from a guys, and a girls point of view. (You guys know guys ALWAYS have a different option compared to girls)
Thanks everyone in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom