• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Animals don't do these sort of things because they're not smart enough to. If animals figured out a better way to kill their rivals or gain resources they would. And animals do **** each other, probably a majority of animal sex is ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Everytime I think animal sex, I think Tigress from Thunder Cats (if that was her name).

Smash Journeyman
Animals don't do these sort of things because they're not smart enough to. If animals figured out a better way to kill their rivals or gain resources they would. And animals do **** each other, probably a majority of animal sex is ****.
Exactly, they don't really interfere with each others lives like we do. But yeah, now that I think about, the point I'm getting at is the idea of total freedom (government/society not controlling your life), no one wants to be bound or restrained, but alot of necessities do come from society. Whether or not the benefits would be worth it, it's up to you.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It is worth it, this total freedom thing you're thinking of is a fairy tale. Without society pretty much everything that's good will be gone. You'd also be living in almost constant fear.

If the governments were to disapear, what good things would come of it?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
It is worth it, this total freedom thing you're thinking of is a fairy tale. Without society pretty much everything that's good will be gone. You'd also be living in almost constant fear.

If the governments were to disapear, what good things would come of it?
I wish we could have a world without the government, but with sterile morals.

Smash Master
1.) Public goods: It's not worth it for me to plant a tree in my neighborhood, but it is worth it for everyone to chip in a little money and time to get a tree planted, since X people can enjoy a tree almost X times as much as one person. That's why the government provides things like traffic lights.

2.) Collective welfare: people are risk averse. Don't bother contesting this fact. It has been proven time and time again by social experiment. Therefore, value is created by putting some or your money into a pool that will recompense you even if you suffer a large loss, even if the next expected value of your input into the pool is greater than your net expected output. This is why insurance companies exist and make profit, and why the government provides things like fire departments and homeless shelters.

3.) Protection: People believe in certain moral values, so they set up a goverment to enforce these values. Hence, we have police stations and fire departments (people dying and killing/stealing is bad) and why we have a legal system.

There are always going to be things that people disagree with in the government, things that other people would consider wasteful or wrong. But the collective compromise people enter in order to create a central entity to provide these three things far outweighs the costs of everyone trying to be a dictator to the rest of the region.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I told that guy (who I mentioned I think he came out as bi 2 weeks ago) that I'm bi.

**** people don't realise how scary it is to tell someone.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, murder and **** isn't going to stop. But atleast we wouldn't witness it on a mass scale when power falls into the hands of someone corrupt like say Josef Stalin, Saddam Hussien, or Adolf Hitler. And gone with them would be the destruction we're capable of. Nukes anyone? If we didn't have a society, it would be hard to come up with that sort of technology and manpower.
This kind of thinking scares me a great deal.

Government and laws create a sort of fear and guilt in some people who would otherwise commit crimes if the crime was not labeled as a crime. I do agree that power fails; but only a fool would think that no power at all would be a positive.

You say "at least" in your second sentence as if **** and murder would be accepted crimes and genocide wouldn't. When a government is overthrown, usually, it's just to create a new one. If an anarchy was to somehow be established, malignant people would just start a dictatorship, because humans will always crave power, that is unfortunately human nature.

If government were to vanish, we would in fact be more vulnerable to mass destruction. No government means no consequences for one's actions. So if Iran were to bomb New York there would be no organization that would be able to help, because government is gone, and the funds are all in the people's hands since there are no government officials to invest in the important things through tax payer money, like hospitals.

To address you directly, sir, i ask you this question. What happens when some precious item of yours is stolen? I'll answer for you: You pick up the phone that is powered by power-lines, which are maintained by government-funded companies, and you dial 911, to report your stolen item. The only reason for dialing 911 is because you want whomever stole this item to pay for what they did is some form. And that, my good sir, is an example of why government is necessary to maintain order (on the surface) in a country

I can understand where you are coming from, there are so many things wrong with politics these days that it is hard to trust government, and rightfully so. All politicians lie, honesty gets you nowhere in politics. There are many things wrong about the way some governments are run. Our society is only going to get more and more corrupt as we progress, and unfortunately, there is not much we can do about it...

NOTE: i'm not trying to change your mind, im presenting my opinion as you did yours, sir

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Maybe they should just section off the world.Everyone decides what kind of government they want to be under and are shipped off to the corresponding section.

That way,the ones that work would maybe flourish by themselves.The ones that don't will die out.The failed government sections could then be sold to another form of government if they need extra territory.

Although the obvious problem with this is freedom of international travel,trade issues and war over territory.

Smash Master
I think the problem with that kind of implementation is that people can't possibly make that decision before they know their circumstances, and after they know what kind of lot they have, they're biased.

For example, if you end up a world-class computer programmer, you're probably going to move to one of the more capitalist societies, since you can make a ton of money with your natural-born skill. Unfortunately, this leaves fewer competent people left to help out the blind dude living under a shared ownership system.

It isn't fair because had the programmer not known he was going to be smart, he probably would have gone for the "insurance" option provided by the latter.

It's actually an observed phenomenon called the "brain-drain" and the US profits immensely from it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so I got a friend. The guy is a prick, a liar, annoying, and many more words I can use to say how much I hate him. Me and someone else have been trying to tell him to get lost and he either starts *****ing at us or he takes it in denial. When we've made it clear that we don't want him near us anymore, he still sits down with us...

What the hell am I supposed to do to get the mo-fo off my back?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You distance yourself from him. Meaning you act like everything is ok but you secretly do thing AWAY from him.

But yeah distance.

Sexy Mirage

Smash Rookie
Life.

I'm freaking tierd of life, at least my world's life, everyone is so mean and desapointing, I feel there are just 3 persons that really care about me... Sereously...

Pikaville

Life.

I'm freaking tierd of life, at least my world's life, everyone is so mean and desapointing, I feel there are just 3 persons that really care about me... Sereously...
Life gets the us down at the best of times buddy.

Just remember the good parts are what makes life worth it.

Remember that you may think only having 3 people care about you is bad,but even having 1 person who truly cares about you is a great feeling.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Alright, so I got a friend. The guy is a prick, a liar, annoying, and many more words I can use to say how much I hate him. Me and someone else have been trying to tell him to get lost and he either starts *****ing at us or he takes it in denial. When we've made it clear that we don't want him near us anymore, he still sits down with us...

What the hell am I supposed to do to get the mo-fo off my back?
Challenge him to mortal kombat. The winner lives so you wont have to worry about each other after that.

If you lose your friend is going to have to do it too though.

Pikaville

Roacherman just avoid him man.

Just completely ignore him no matter what.

If this doesn't work........challenge him to Mortal Kombat.

"Get over here!" *uppercut* "OUTSTANDING!"

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I didn't get into a really good high school that I wanted to go to.

It's a school for math and science, which I don't especially like. But I know I'm smart, and I could handle the work. The main reason I wanted to go though is because of my friends. Most of my friends are from different districts and I wouldn't be able to see them again if I didn't get in. I didn't, and most of my friends who have the same base high school got in.

I didn't get in because I didn't try hard. I didn't really think about what it would be like if I didn't get in. But now that it's over, I'm finally realizing that this'll be that last 2 months I have with the people in my school, and after that they're gone.

It's all my fault. I don't like myself too much right now.

Pikaville

I didn't get into a really good high school that I wanted to go to.

It's a school for math and science, which I don't especially like. But I know I'm smart, and I could handle the work. The main reason I wanted to go though is because of my friends. Most of my friends are from different districts and I wouldn't be able to see them again if I didn't get in. I didn't, and most of my friends who have the same base high school got in.

I didn't get in because I didn't try hard. I didn't really think about what it would be like if I didn't get in. But now that it's over, I'm finally realizing that this'll be that last 2 months I have with the people in my school, and after that they're gone.

It's all my fault. I don't like myself too much right now.
Don't get too down on yourself man.I remember I was bummed out when I changed school.Thought it was going to be a nightmare getting to know new people.

Turned out that some of the new people I met have become really good friends of mine.

Just because you aren't in the same high school doesn't mean you wont see your friends any more does it?

EDIT: I'm totally using red all the time from now on.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

EDIT: I'm totally using red all the time from now on.
Please, don't.

At dude changing schools, think of it as opportunity. With the modern age of technology, it's not like you can't still keep up with your old friends, but now you have the chance to also make new, great friends.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Had surgery today. Feeling pretty ****ty. >.<

I'm also pretty pissed at someone who I thought was my best friend. Ever since he got a new girl he's completely ignored me. To the point that I was talking to him today, made it quite clear what was happening and not once did I get a "I hope you feel better" or "are you ok" or anything. I'm so hurt by the situation because I wish he would just have the balls to tell me he wasn't interested in ever talking to me again. Then I would stop feeling so let down and disappointed.

But mostly the surgery is bothering me. I'll deal with the other when my head isn't so hopped up on pain killers.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I use all three on three different comps and for me, it's hard to see. I don't mind it, I just sometimes have to re-read to make sure I didn't miss anything. :p

Sooooooo some possible serious complication have arisen due to my sergery yesterday... I'm in an extreme amount of pain and having excessive bleeding... Two things I shouldn't be having. So please keep me in your thoughts/prayers/whatever... I'd greatly appreciate it. <3

Pikaville

I use all three on three different comps and for me, it's hard to see. I don't mind it, I just sometimes have to re-read to make sure I didn't miss anything. :p

Sooooooo some possible serious complication have arisen due to my sergery yesterday... I'm in an extreme amount of pain and having excessive bleeding... Two things I shouldn't be having. So please keep me in your thoughts/prayers/whatever... I'd greatly appreciate it. <3

My thoughts are with you Ladybug!

Don't forget my seal of approval!

You'll be fine I'm sure of it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
If red is hard to read, then my text must be a pain in the *** lol

I hope everything works out for you though Ladybug.

@roacherman, just play pranks on him and stuff.
Mostly obvious ones that will make him not wanna be around you and your friends.

Examples:

"Sorry bud, if I saw all that ketchup on the chair I would've told you not to sit there."
(lol)
"Ah my bad, I thought that was garbage, not your homework assignment. I feel bad for ripping it up."
(lol make sure you won't have to re-do his assignment as a result)

"Oh ****, let me grab you a towel! I can't believe I spilled my entire drink alllllll over you!"
(Grab a dirty towel smeared with something or bring him a single tissue to make you look like more of an ***)

I don't know, get creative!

If he's capable of kicking your *** then don't take this route.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If red is hard to read, then my text must be a pain in the *** lol

I hope everything works out for you though Ladybug.

@roacherman, just play pranks on him and stuff.
Mostly obvious ones that will make him not wanna be around you and your friends.

Examples:

"Sorry bud, if I saw all that ketchup on the chair I would've told you not to sit there."
(lol)
"Ah my bad, I thought that was garbage, not your homework assignment. I feel bad for ripping it up."
(lol make sure you won't have to re-do his assignment as a result)

"Oh ****, let me grab you a towel! I can't believe I spilled my entire drink alllllll over you!"
(Grab a dirty towel smeared with something or bring him a single tissue to make you look like more of an ***)

I don't know, get creative!

If he's capable of kicking your *** then don't take this route.
He can kick my *** and if he doesn't then I'll get in trouble anyways by the school

Pikaville

DTP I'm using Revolution and I can read your posts fine.

Light grey on Dark grey looks kinda slick.

You guys need new eyes.
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom