• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It's going to bother me if I don't get super powers so I'll go ahead and post about it now. Hahaha.

Thanks. I know, but it's still... Eh. Anesthesia and lasers and major important organs... Yeah. >.>

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Both kidneys or just one?

Either way, you only need one, so your odds get doubly good! :D

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
^sounds to me that you need to let go of the past.
I believed I was when I wrote that, In my mind, sex with her is just sex. Fairly sure I don't care about her anymore :S she's still hot though, and I wants some, But I don't know if she feels the same way, I think she might still like me, in which case it would appear as if I am leading her on, not my intention, but I feel bad about this Because i might be leading her on accidentally.

Smash Master
Ugh, I missed my final exam. The professor, who is also the chairman of the department, has left the state.

When it rains, it pours, and its always pouring.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ugh, I missed my final exam. The professor, who is also the chairman of the department, has left the state.

When it rains, it pours, and its always pouring.

You need to realise failure is not the end of the world.People fail all the time and even more try something they think they might like/be good at and then fail at that.You need to find things in life you enjoy and let go of these fears you have of not succeeding.

I always read your posts and they break my heart because I used to feel a lot like you.(I think)

My offer from a while back still stands if you need someone to vent on.I want to try and help you man because I got over my problems and I think you can too.

Smash Master
Awww... thanks.

I'd feel a lot better if I could take that final though, at least until the next problem rolls around.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

You need to realise failure is not the end of the world.People fail all the time and even more try something they think they might like/be good at and then fail at that.You need to find things in life you enjoy and let go of these fears you have of not succeeding.

I always read your posts and they break my heart because I used to feel a lot like you.(I think)

My offer from a while back still stands if you need someone to vent on.I want to try and help you man because I got over my problems and I think you can too.
=o

Major respect points for you, my friend.

Take the bait, numbers. He sounds genuine lol
Talking with someone really does help, usually.

Sorry to hear about you missing your final though.....
D:

Smash Master
Professor / Dept. chair still hasn't responded to my email in ~24 hours. Should I call him? I'm leaving Gainesville in 6 hours, so I won't be able to fill out any bureaucratic bull**** after that.

Smash Journeyman
Who the f*ck is Rwanda?

Seriously though, this is what one of my classmates said. There was a assembly in my school for promoting a charity to Rwanda, donating books to school kids there, and the ignorance that showed is appalling. More than half the school doesn't even know what genocide is. God, why are people so ********?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Who the f*ck is Rwanda?

Seriously though, this is what one of my classmates said. There was a assembly in my school for promoting a charity to Rwanda, donating books to school kids there, and the ignorance that showed is appalling. More than half the school doesn't even know what genocide is. God, why are people so ********?
It just shows you how sheltered our society is. It's not completely their fault they don't know it, ya they could start watching the news, or do a current event, or something. Those of us who do know should share our knowledge with those who don't.

By bringing up this topic makes me angry that we don't do anything about it, we don't try to rescue anyone or try to stop the violence, all we do is bring books.

Smash Journeyman
It just shows you how sheltered our society is. It's not completely their fault they don't know it, ya they could start watching the news, or do a current event, or something. Those of us who do know should share our knowledge with those who don't.

By bringing up this topic makes me angry that we don't do anything about it, we don't try to rescue anyone or try to stop the violence, all we do is bring books.
It may not be entirely their fault, but still, it's pretty dumb how people here are more likely to know Lady Gaga's top ten singles than be able to define genocide. But yeah, we could/should be doing more, but I'm not doing much myself so I wouldn't have any reason to be angry about that, then again, the least they could get is some recognition.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It may not be entirely their fault, but still, it's pretty dumb how people here are more likely to know Lady Gaga's top ten singles than be able to define genocide. But yeah, we could/should be doing more, but I'm not doing much myself so I wouldn't have any reason to be angry about that, then again, the least they could get is some recognition.
Africa is the most war torn Continent in the world, and we just let them kill each other. :(

Smash Journeyman
Africa is the most war torn Continent in the world, and we just let them kill each other. :(
Yeah, it is sad. That reminds me, I was reading this book on a vision of the future, of a utopia. It was all a pipedream, ideas of a world where basically wouldn't have to put up with the mundanities of this world (no monetary system) and where there would be no conflict. But if we did stop killing each other over petty bullcrap like money, wealth, power, bigotry, and hatred, we could solve our problems instead of creating new ones.

Seriously, look at the funding for all the departments of our government. The Department of Defense is the 2nd most funded, succeeded only by the Department of Health. The funding for this year is like 700 billion dollars. Imagine if that was redirected to fighting poverty, stopping crime, or fixing our economy.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah, it is sad. That reminds me, I was reading this book on a vision of the future, of a utopia. It was all a pipedream, ideas of a world where basically wouldn't have to put up with the mundanities of this world (no monetary system) and where there would be no conflict. But if we did stop killing each other over petty bullcrap like money, wealth, power, bigotry, and hatred, we could solve our problems instead of creating new ones.

Seriously, look at the funding for all the departments of our government. The Department of Defense is the 2nd most funded, succeeded only by the Department of Health. The funding for this year is like 700 billion dollars. Imagine if that was redirected to fighting poverty, stopping crime, or fixing our economy.
It's never going to happen, because if we turn our back on the world for just one moment we would be attacked, America is the most successful and most hated country in the world. I get what your saying though, it would be nice to help other than to hurt.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well you would be attacked by some guys hiding in ditches with homemade bombs. I'm pretty sure they could take a little bit of that 700 biliion dollars to help with something else.

Smash Journeyman
Well you would be attacked by some guys hiding in ditches with homemade bombs. I'm pretty sure they could take a little bit of that 700 biliion dollars to help with something else.
I was talking about if we all put down our arms, not just America.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's never going to happen. Even if we did, something stupid would just spark conflict again.

Edit: My friend wants to state an opinion: Take the Soviet Union for example; it had a nice idea at first, total equality BUT it was run the wrong way by crazies! The reason peace and harmony would never work out is because you just cant predict mankind, or any one man for that matter. Mankind in general is fueled by greed and fear.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's never going to happen. Even if we did, something stupid would just spark conflict again.

Edit: My friend wants to state an opinion: Take the Soviet Union for example; it had a nice idea at first, total equality BUT it was run the wrong way by crazies! The reason peace and harmony would never work out is because you just cant predict mankind, or any one man for that matter. Mankind in general is fueled by greed and fear.
Yeah, we love money. The only true way of being together is if something like... ALIENS came on earth and started destroying everything. Then the US and the whole world would band together.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah, we love money. The only true way of being together is if something like... ALIENS came on earth and started destroying everything. Then the US and the whole world would band together.
Nah I doubt that, people would stab each other in the back when they had the chance.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well if the Aliens weren't that much of a threat then yeah... Its like, are we THAT dumb?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm already scared. What can I do while everyone is just trying to get their own? :[

Earth defenders my ***... ;-;

Smash Journeyman

I personally think we'd have some level of peace if society disbanded and there was no government to interfere. If we could all could go our seperate ways, live life the way we want to without any sort of interferencee. Then again, it's not like anarchy is ever going to happen.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah and all get stabbed and murdered and ***** whilst no one does anything about it.
Yeah, murder and **** isn't going to stop. But atleast we wouldn't witness it on a mass scale when power falls into the hands of someone corrupt like say Josef Stalin, Saddam Hussien, or Adolf Hitler. And gone with them would be the destruction we're capable of. Nukes anyone? If we didn't have a society, it would be hard to come up with that sort of technology and manpower.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You've been watching waaaay to much Fight Club.

With no government the world would fall into chaos. You would witness it on a mass scale and nobody would be able to do anything about it.

Then after generations people would eventually make a government again.

Smash Journeyman
You've been watching waaaay to much Fight Club.

With no government the world would fall into chaos. You would witness it on a mass scale and nobody would be able to do anything about it.

Then after generations people would eventually make a government again.
The world is a giant mess as is. But I guess there's point in debating whether it'd get worse or not, because it's not going to happen. Either way I still stand by my views.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It would be kool if the world turned into some kids next door ****... :3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Still, I don't understand how you think letting street gangs rule over everyone is better than having law and order. Or having no streetlights will help everyone, or nobody to fix things when the roads/buildings deterioate, or to put out house fires, or heal you when you get ill. Heck you could even be charged 10 quid for a glass of water and there'd be nothing you could do about it. No education either so if you think people are stupid now just imagine what it would be like then. And I guess you could grow your own crops but when someone comes along and decides to take them all for theirselves you'd have to accept that. Heck if someone doesn't want you walking through their territory they could just shoot you dead too.

Sounds like the perfect peaceful world.

Smash Journeyman
Still, I don't understand how you think letting street gangs rule over everyone is better than having law and order. Or having no streetlights will help everyone, or nobody to fix things when the roads/buildings deterioate, or to put out house fires, or heal you when you get ill. Heck you could even be charged 10 quid for a glass of water and there'd be nothing you could do about it. No education either so if you think people are stupid now just imagine what it would be like then. And I guess you could grow your own crops but when someone comes along and decides to take them all for theirselves you'd have to accept that. Heck if someone doesn't want you walking through their territory they could just shoot you dead too.

Sounds like the perfect peaceful world.
Yes, we'd lose a lot of good things. Then look animals. Sure they have sex, devour, kill, and live as they please. But you don't see them waging wars, dropping nukes on each other, or ****** each other. Yeah, they just live to get by but even if they had the malicious intent some of us do, they wouldn't have the manpower (a military that comes with government) or technology (created by scientists collaborating together with the means provided by society) to carry it out on a mass scale. Yes, we do have governments in place to put wrongdoers in their place, but there's also dictatorships and regimes.

I mean, if someone wants to create their own little society and rally like minded people together to work towards something, good or bad, go for it. There's always going to be people willing to surrender their freedoms to hierachy to benefit from society. Just keep me out of it, I'm not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom