• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I hope you were exaggerating, but it's never healthy when some has your life in their hands. If she leaves you, you should not be feeling suicidal.

I hate to ask this but do you smother her? Always call her every night always want to spend time with her? You can push her away that way. Just be careful bro.
I'm not exaggerating. I feel as though she's all I have, short of a future. Is that a bit extreme compared to others? I suppose. ...But it's how I feel.

That fits me perfectly. >.>; She enjoys talking to me... I always worry about her, and she got upset with me about that a few nights ago, though that isn't why she "left". Look, there's a lot to worry about when it comes to teenaged girls. :mad: ...Thank you for the advice...

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm not exaggerating. I feel as though she's all I have, short of a future. Is that a bit extreme compared to others? I suppose. ...But it's how I feel.

That fits me perfectly. >.>; She enjoys talking to me... I always worry about her, and she got upset with me about that a few nights ago, though that isn't why she "left". Look, there's a lot to worry about when it comes to teenaged girls. :mad: ...Thank you for the advice...
She enjoys talking to you but I'm sure she'll enjoy space as well. Believe me it sucks being smothered, you need to stop doing that. You really should try to learn how to days without speaking to her. It's not healthy for you and it sure as hell isn't healthy for the relationship.

I'm not trying to be pushy, it's your life not mine. From one guy to another I'm just trying to advise you, I've been with teenage girls before.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Hey PolarBear. I'm graduating this year from Rutgers University in New Brunswick. I'm fairly familiar with schools around the tri-state area, given that I visited nearly all of them and ended up choosing Rutgers anyway (couldn't afford any of the nice schools I got into :laugh:). I know college can get tough and merciless sometimes to the extent that it puts a cruel spin to "soul searching" and "self-discovery." More like "soul crushing" and "esteem busting." I would love to talk about academics as I've been in a tough spot before.
Rutgers, that's the neighborhood I live in. All of my friends/former friends go to Rutgers and I'm stuck at community college taking classes over again. Maybe it's a young adult thing, but I feel completely empty and soulless. My first year in college I completely overindulged myself with stuff. I spent all the money I had, got drunk and made a fool of myself, and spent too much time on women that didn't care about me but said they did. Now I feel very bored with life and that the world is in the fast lane while I'm standing still. Were you ever in a situation like me, where you completely wasted a year of college?

Patinator

Smash Champion
She enjoys talking to you but I'm sure she'll enjoy space as well. Believe me it sucks being smothered, you need to stop doing that. You really should try to learn how to days without speaking to her. It's not healthy for you and it sure as hell isn't healthy for the relationship.

I'm not trying to be pushy, it's your life not mine. From one guy to another I'm just trying to advise you, I've been with teenage girls before.
I suppose...

No, I understand. I'm gonna keep talking to her, but I'll lay off a bit. I should. If I get lucky (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA****INGHA), she'll come back after a few days...

...Do I have my hopes up? No. Never do.

Thanks, Merkuri...

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Rutgers, that's the neighborhood I live in. All of my friends/former friends go to Rutgers and I'm stuck at community college taking classes over again. Maybe it's a young adult thing, but I feel completely empty and soulless. My first year in college I completely overindulged myself with stuff. I spent all the money I had, got drunk and made a fool of myself, and spent too much time on women that didn't care about me but said they did. Now I feel very bored with life and that the world is in the fast lane while I'm standing still. Were you ever in a situation like me, where you completely wasted a year of college?
I know many people like you who screwed up their first year at Rutgers and eventually made up for it. I also know several transfer students from the nearby community colleges (i.e. Brookdale Community College) who transferred into Rutgers and Rowan University and ended up getting jobs as teachers, physicians, and other advanced job sets. My next door neighbor transferred from community and my roommate two years ago was from community college (graduated with a 3.6 and a $50,000 job).

I'm being completely honest. If there was any year you had to screw up, the best year would be your freshman year. From here on out, you can improve and show that you learned from your mistakes. Honestly, a lot of students make mistakes their first year of college. You've experienced it sooner than later and it gave you something that a lot of other people don't have, fear and despair.

You know what it feels like to fail. You know what it feels like to feel incompetent. You know what it feels like to feel despair. But you are not incompetent, not a failure, and not supposed to be depressed. PolarBear. I don't care if you screwed up, because we all make mistakes sooner or later. You shouldn't care what other people have to think because when it gets down to it, you are honest and know yourself better than anyone else in the world. Only you can determine how much meaning the life you live, actually has. There are kids with 4.0s and they think their education is a waste because they majored in psychology and can't find a job that matches the education they received from college. You give yourself meaning.

You know what you're capable of, what you want, and how hard you can work in order to get what you want. If you don't, then you should find out who you truly are underneath all the social facade and obligations tying you down. Because when you seriously find out who you are underneath all the assumptions and crap people cover you with, then you know what you want to do, have to do, and love to do to the extent that you'll pull all-nighters and refuse a Friday night out of town.

You can't let an institution get you depressed, you paid them for Christ's sakes. It was a bad match man. That's it. Hey. I screwed up big time a year ago. I was working two jobs as a server operator and at a computer lab. I missed a shift and I was fired. I had been working their for a little over a year and worked hard to earn those promotions. I gave my all to that job... thirty hour work weeks in addition to taking six classes a semester. Family complications arose. My grandfather died and my dad lost his job. My mom arrested my dad. It was too much and I failed a class. In the end I felt so hopeless and incompetent.

I don't know if I have any of the answers you're looking for or that you're trying to find. All that I do know is that we write the ending to the whole story. The difference between a tragedy and a heroic story is the ending. In a tragedy it ends horribly. In a heroic story it ends with the protaganist winning at the end. I have a job at the hospital and I'm going to graduate on time. I had to retake the course I failed and I got an A. My grandfather had a nice funeral and I had my mom and dad make-up. My dad has set up his own business instead of working corporate and is happy that he gets to set his own standards.

You're still young and have time to turn things around. It's up to you though to make yourself happy and to give everyone else who looks down on you the middle finger. I hope this made you feel better. :<

*If I made a bad assumption about you or didn't help you, then please tell me. I just thought it might help if I tried to relate my story to yours.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I have to go tell my boss now, that I can't work in a certain time slot cuz I have class during that time, despite the fact that we both agreed on that time slot. I'm also going to ask her if I can work on a additional time slot which may or may work.

My boss has always liked me because I'm the only employee who has stuck with the job, but she may think that she lets me get away with too much. I'm even wearing plane clothes now and I didn't shave. I'm afraid I may lose my job, or I may become less favorable with my boss, but I don't see anyway around this :(

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
That actually helped me a lot. I just needed to hear that from somebody else, probably somebody who wasn't close to me and wasn't just saying it because they felt a duty to, something logical and examples I could relate to. I stayed up quite a bit last night thinking of myself. I should be using my whole life up this point as a means to grow on. I'm still young, and there is plenty of excitement left in life, something I've been fearing wouldn't happen anymore. I know who I am and what I want to be and for once I'm starting to feel I can achieve that.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
a girl stole my heart and won't give it back.

im afraid.

I'm in the exact same situation, so I feel your pain dude.

Also, Merkuri, if your boss likes you because you've always stuck with the job, she will probably support you this time. Don't sweat it dude, you're not doing anything wrong.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm in the exact same situation, so I feel your pain dude.

Also, Merkuri, if your boss likes you because you've always stuck with the job, she will probably support you this time. Don't sweat it dude, you're not doing anything wrong.
I just spoke to her, and it wasn't a problem at all. The only problem now is that I'm working 4 hours short of the maximum, and I really want that extra money.

fragbait

Smash Master
Lets see...

-Dad threw me out for the 4th friggin time. ( I won't be back lol)
-No job
-In debt
-staying with a friend now
-Broke
-"Minor Spam" infractions

Just a list of things bothering me nao.

EDIT: Removed something. lol

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Lets see...

-Dad threw me out for the 4th friggin time. ( I won't be back lol)
-No job
-In debt
-staying with a friend now
-Broke
-Banned from DR
-"Minor Spam" infractions

Just a list of things bothering me nao.
You got banned from the DR?

:ohwell:

What happened man?

BSP

Smash Legend
What is the DR?
Disco Room if you still don't know.

I procrastinate way too much. I know I need to get my homework done, and I usually do it 95% of the time....but i always do it at midnight or something. I need to break the habit, but it's so hard.

And you know what else is bothering me? Four of my fellow high school students have gotten in trouble for drugs and alcohol problems in just two months :( This really sucks.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
Most recent bother: This thread won't let me see page 311. It just refused. Is it racist?

What's bothering me?
-love of my life broke up with me
-All of my friends went away to college
-I'm terrified of my job
-My dog died (We were buddies/homeskillets/bestfriends)
-My beloved grandmother is sick
-I need new equipment for an upcoming job, but I have no money
-I'm the emotional punching bag of my family
-I have an abusive brother (who beat me up over a cupcake)
-I never feel safe at home when he's there (he chased me with a knife until I was locked in a bathroom in hysteics)
-my brother has a major drug problem
-My brother will either steal, break, or ruin my ****. no matter what it is
-My nonna is really sick
-My nonna hates me ever since I came out to her
-My mom is alo not comftorable with it either
-My dad has OCD so I can't do ANYTHING right
-I don't want to grow up. At all. I'm not ready for it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Most recent bother: This thread won't let me see page 311. It just refused. Is it racist?

What's bothering me?
-I'm terrified of my job
-I never feel safe at home when he's there (he chased me with a knife until I was locked in a bathroom in hysteics)
-My nonna is really sick
.____.

Maaaan, I hope things start looking up really quick here for you. Sounds more than rough ;__;

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

What's bothering me?
-I'm terrified of my job
-My nonna is really sick
whoa, that's alot of stuff...

Ok, can I ask you to list POSITIVES? : ] Just please try that at least... There has to be at least one thing.

Also, listen to some music... it seems that you have a ton of stuff to deal with, and sadly, we DON'T get easy buttons. Music might help you feel better.

Sorry to hear about the break up. : [

That seems to be the most important... Well, you have to move on... Although, do you know why your love broke up with you? if not, why not try speaking to him/her and ask? Also, if you still long to love someone, just remember that there might be someone BETTER that might deserve the love you hold in. Although it might be other worldly to just tell you to move on when you had spent all your time loving the person who left you... just remember why you guys started, but why the relationship didn't go well...

Grandma is sick? Try to be there for her as much as you can. There are things in life you CAN'T do a thing about. But there are things you CAN do. Be there, support her with as much love as you can pour out.

Bro is abusive? Deal with him. Either learn how to defend yourself, and deal with him, or just press charges... But you probably can't because he has drug problems.

You are the emotional punching bag? Why is this? If so, try to avoid being punched, or become like a sponge: Soak it up. (meaning just ignore it or take it in, in a way that it would NOT affect you)

nonna and momma not comfortable after you coming out to them? That's too bad for them. They of all people should be understanding and caring about YOU, and should respect your interests and character.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Let's see, well the other night my girlfriend and I were having a conversation in which she brought up something about her past and it caught me off guard, and at first I thought I felt uncomfortable, won't lie. It's nothing bad or anything, just made me feel a little uneasy. Yeah, I know it's the past and whatnot, and I got over it, but I guess I felt the need to address it to her so I brought it up yesterday and she apologized for making me feel that way. Though a few moments later she told me she needed to be alone so I left her to be, while at the same time I was nervous and freaking out a bit cause I don't know if anything I said/did made her feel to do that. When she came back she told me she felt uncomfortable talking to me cause of what she told me. I told her it wasn't a big deal, I was over it and I meant to tell her I didn't feel uncomfortable, it was just unexpected and I didn't know another word for it at the time. She said it's cool and it's her fault but in all honesty it's no one's fault. And agreed we wouldn't talk along that subject for a while. But past is the past though she still feels a little weird and she's still thinking. What exactly is there to do to make sure she'll feel ok with me again? I know patience is one.. but anything I can say/do to reassure her things will be ok? Just don't wanna lose her over this..=/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, tell her that you really appreciate her telling you that. It may have been something... that she wouldn't want to say, so give her credit for actually having the courage to bring that out. I think that means she cares about you enough to tell you that.

Other than that, nah. So it makes you feel uncomfortable, it's noted. So if you say anything more about it, it might be... I don't know. Best if you two just move on, regardless.

Just as long as she knows you understand, that's all she really needs. : ]

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
That's true, I never credited her for that. I hope that reassures her of things and can get her to be at ease around me and she doesn't regret telling me what she said. I just worry too much..but it's hard not too sometimes. These things blow over pretty fast though don't they..? She doesn't wanna talk on the phone either and we do all the time..she rather text.. And thanks for the tid bit Ranmaru, I appreciate it..=]

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It's almost impossible to give any advice without knowing what you're talking about.

As for me, my work schedule has led to me sleeping around 4 hours a night. Haven't gotten a solid 8 hours in several weeks, probably. :( I'm going back to University soon though, and sadly enough, I sleep there more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's almost impossible to give any advice without knowing what you're talking about.

As for me, my work schedule has led to me sleeping around 4 hours a night. Haven't gotten a solid 8 hours in several weeks, probably. :( I'm going back to University soon though, and sadly enough, I sleep there more.
waahhh... really? Man that must suck... I don't really know who to get around that... (I will try to help you out with it regardless)

so... you work alot, leaving only fours of sleep until your class or something? Please be a little more specific. : D

That's true, I never credited her for that. I hope that reassures her of things and can get her to be at ease around me and she doesn't regret telling me what she said. I just worry too much..but it's hard not too sometimes. These things blow over pretty fast though don't they..? She doesn't wanna talk on the phone either and we do all the time..she rather text.. And thanks for the tid bit Ranmaru, I appreciate it..=]

Yeah, it's hard not to worry about things.

But yeah, try that. It should be fine, sometimes you have to give the benefit of the doubt. It's hard not to have a doubt, if even a itty bitty doubt may come up, ignore it. It would be for the best. : ]

And you are welcome, anytime! : D

hubble

Smash Ace
ive recently come to the conclusion that i have no idea who i am, what i represent, what im doing with my life, what i believe, or even know the way i feel about anything half the time

i also feel like im searching for something but i have no idea what. my current idea is to live as unrestrained as i can until something changes

i feel like all of this was because i was raised by my parents in a way that directly inhibited my development as a person. i was raised with their ideals/beliefs/etc and now that im slowly liberating myself from them i am undergoing some sort of a "culture shock" which i suppose i can describe as realizing that i am empty inside whereas society dictates each person has a clear definition of themselves

i want to end this with saying that im well adjusted in society, get good grades alongside quite an academic package at school, have friends and a social circle, mesh very well with people, talk to girls and , etc,etc,etc yet i feel like ****

any advice, comments, want to call me a ****ing ******* for not cherishing my life?

please feel free

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Thing is I would tell what the deal is but it's kinda personal and though I know it's not like anyone is gonna go and tell but at the same time I don't feel I should tell it to the open public..I can PM it if it helps.. Maybe there's better insight from that..

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thing is I would tell what the deal is but it's kinda personal and though I know it's not like anyone is gonna go and tell but at the same time I don't feel I should tell it to the open public..I can PM it if it helps.. Maybe there's better insight from that..
Ah I see. Well if you think you need further insight, you can PM me if you want. : ] I don't mind. I gave what advice I could without knowing. : ] I mean knowing it doesn't change the fact that it was something that happened in the past...

We are humans. We make mistakes.

You just have to say "I understand. It was in the past, and it's ok. I'm glad you told me"

ok not exactly like that, but you get my gist

ive recently come to the conclusion that i have no idea who i am, what i represent, what im doing with my life, what i believe, or even know the way i feel about anything half the time

i also feel like im searching for something but i have no idea what. my current idea is to live as unrestrained as i can until something changes

i feel like all of this was because i was raised by my parents in a way that directly inhibited my development as a person. i was raised with their ideals/beliefs/etc and now that im slowly liberating myself from them i am undergoing some sort of a "culture shock" which i suppose i can describe as realizing that i am empty inside whereas society dictates each person has a clear definition of themselves

i want to end this with saying that im well adjusted in society, get good grades alongside quite an academic package at school, have friends and a social circle, mesh very well with people, talk to girls and , etc,etc,etc yet i feel like ****

any advice, comments, want to call me a ****ing ******* for not cherishing my life?

please feel free
Well you know, you do have a mind of your own. If there is something your mom and dad told you that you don't believe, then look inside REAL hard, and ask yourself what you DO believe.

As for not knowing what to do in life, hop on the boat.

Just ask yourself what do you like to do for fun at times.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
waahhh... really? Man that must suck... I don't really know who to get around that... (I will try to help you out with it regardless)

so... you work alot, leaving only fours of sleep
Not very complicated. I worked all summer, requiring me to wake up around 4AM every day. And it's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep before 10, especially considering it's usually still semi-light outside.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I despise group projects at school :/
Why do you despise group projects? : ]

Not very complicated. I worked all summer, requiring me to wake up around 4AM every day. And it's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep before 10, especially considering it's usually still semi-light outside.
Hmmm... have you tried not eating after 7 pm? And stuff like that? I'm also having trouble with sleep... one time I couldn't sleep since I played Paper Mario and then smash... we have to discipline ourselves... little things DO hurt us lol.

Like if you come home from work at 11 pm... Straight to bed! : D

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Had plans for tonight to go out and party and have fun, but now my friend is saying he has to work longer, and my other friend ditched me. I had such high hopes for tonight and they have been crushed. I feel so lonely and pathetic, my life has been going this way for the past month. This was supposed to be my night of fun and adventure, and now I'm stuck here playing videogames by myself. I don't even have any booze. Sometimes life just really blows.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Had plans for tonight to go out and party and have fun, but now my friend is saying he has to work longer, and my other friend ditched me. I had such high hopes for tonight and they have been crushed. I feel so lonely and pathetic, my life has been going this way for the past month. This was supposed to be my night of fun and adventure, and now I'm stuck here playing videogames by myself. I don't even have any booze. Sometimes life just really blows.
I got involved with a community that plays volleyball every Friday night. Most of them are dedicated and regularly come every week. You should find a group activity that interests you and meets consistently so you won't be disappointed. It's fun.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah and you don't need booze. It'll just give you a gut in the future.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man, it's like you're guardian angel because you're the one always giving me advice lol. I'm just being emo and letting out all my frustration to strangers. I'm probably in the middle of big shift in my life with friends. It really hurts when friends go and ditch and abandon me despite all the great stuff I've done for them. Seriously, I'm an easygoing guy, don't complain (except online lol), I'm funny, and I look out for people, but because I'm too kind I'm taken advantage of. I'm looking into getting into some activities in my community college. I see a bunch of kids hanging out in a room playing videogames, and I'm really into journalism and newspaper. Even if it's not partying, I'd be happy to be included in any group activity I enjoy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks man, it's like you're guardian angel because you're the one always giving me advice lol. I'm just being emo and letting out all my frustration to strangers. I'm probably in the middle of big shift in my life with friends. It really hurts when friends go and ditch and abandon me despite all the great stuff I've done for them. Seriously, I'm an easygoing guy, don't complain (except online lol), I'm funny, and I look out for people, but because I'm too kind I'm taken advantage of. I'm looking into getting into some activities in my community college. I see a bunch of kids hanging out in a room playing videogames, and I'm really into journalism and newspaper. Even if it's not partying, I'd be happy to be included in any group activity I enjoy.
That is what the innernette is for.

I say go for the room with gamers in it... : D Or even volunteer for something or even just go to the library to read books... You just need to MEET people. : ]

There are TONS of people to meet, go out there. If you are funny, then you are all set.

BSP

Smash Legend
Why do you despise group projects? : ]
It depends on your partner. If I get stuck with someone who's not really trying to do well, I get screwed. I rather solo projects so that if anything doesn't get done, it's a direct result of my actions.

Yeah, I got stuck at home on a friday night too. Lame.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
If you weren't suffering, then you wouldn't lay out your emotions and problems on the internet. You feel good when you write it out and post it. I feel good when I read sincere emotional expression. It's honestly a win-win situation. You don't owe me anything or need to feel guilty, I simply do it because I enjoy being nice to you. You're mature enough and honest enough for me to like as a person. That saving grace doesn't extend to everyone else on the internet.

As far as your friends go, it appears as if they are more interested in themselves rather than showing concern about you. When it comes down to it, you should also be more concerned about making yourself happy, rather than performing favors and tasks for people who won't appreciate how much you've helped them down the road. Just because your friends suck doesn't mean that you should be in a sucky mood. Then again, I'm introverted by nature as I enjoy being alone, except when it comes to sports and a limited arrangement of other activities. I've never really enjoyed partying to tell you the truth. First of all, I don't get drunk... I get sleepy. Second, I don't like standing around and doing nothing. Third, I don't like talking about many things that most kids like talking about. Therefore I tend to be quite reserved and become bored very quickly.

If you feel that you're getting taken advantage of by other people, then you should stop doing them favors and start doing yourself a favor by trying to make yourself happy through other means. Most of it is trial-and-error. You win some, you lose some. But you should keep an open mind. Maybe try meeting new people who will treat you better than the friends you're hanging out with right now. I don't know. Again don't repeat the same pattern of last time and forget about school by focusing too much on your friends. I'm concerned and want you to do well this year.

- Mum and Pop.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm scared again. My friend who I've mentioned before started getting real happy last time I was here because a girl confessed to him and they were going out. However, in the first week of school another friend of mine told me that something happened. I asked my friend what happened and he told me he got into a fight with the girl who confessed to him. I was hoping it was going to be like before, where it was just plain sadness and that he'll get over it somehow. However, this time is different. He just told me he was attempting suicide. **** it for being the weekend, otherwise I would have gone to my school's guidance counselor and told him about this and I have no way of contacting him. I don't what to do again. I don't know what I'll do if he actually does commit suicide. I need to help him, but how? I think he's been trying to get his mind off it though. He was watching Dance Flick and found it hilarious, so I assume he's alright for now. Anyone have any ideas of how I can help him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom