• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some rules I followed to get better, by LunInSpectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Sora, do me one favor.
Don't quit after you lose, you remind me of me when I started.

If you're the kind of person I think you are, DON'T QUIT, infact...go to tournaments and prove you've got what it takes to become who you claim to be right now.

*Don't respond to this post with "GTFO I'm Gonna win" because you're not.*

PHD

Smash Apprentice
If any member finds that picture of mine offensive, speak now, most know what ever I type is 90% of the time should never be taken seriously.

:D
I'll say that it was offensive because of the stereotype it perpetuates, and the fact that the kid looks like he's in black face which has it's own history in the degradation of black people. So, I'll have to agree with sora in the fact that the picture was semi-offensive. I'm pretty much in disagreement with everything else he's said though.

Nice job on the thread lunin.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Lol Jesus Christ, its called a joke. Soo Blacks can make fun of whites and its socially exceptable but Whites can't make fun of Blacks? thank you America!

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Hahah don't worry about it Aiser, don't take it personal if some people are gonna find it offensive, way too many jokes do that.

Sora, dude, I don't think you can beat me. I'll play you if you/me starts moving around the country for tournies (iono FC/MLG/NCT2 <---Advertisement for NCT2 :)).

PHD

Smash Apprentice
Lol Jesus Christ, its called a joke. Soo Blacks can make fun of whites and its socially exceptable but Whites can't make fun of Blacks? thank you America!
I just thought it was in bad taste, thats all. Whites used to mock blacks with black face in the early 1900s and now thats considered racism. To post a picture like that in present society, you have to expect that at least some people will take offense to it due to the history that those type of jokes carry with them. On top of that, it had the little fried chicken comment.

And it really didn't have anything to do with you being white (since I didn't know you were). I would have told a black person the same thing.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Don't you guys think that title's a little to much?
Sure, he's acting real arrogant and everything, but the beating he's about to receive after talking so much dirt should be punishment enough -___-'
Besides having people like him around can be entertaining every now and then, no need to scare him away :\

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
God**** if that is not the most common white response in america! Anyway thank u phd for handling the situation so well couldnt have said it better myself

Aiser

Smash Lord
I just thought it was in bad taste, thats all. Whites used to mock blacks with black face in the early 1900s and now thats considered racism. To post a picture like that in present society, you have to expect that at least some people will take offense to it due to the history that those type of jokes carry with them. On top of that, it had the little fried chicken comment.

And it really didn't have anything to do with you being white (since I didn't know you were). I would have told a black person the same thing.
Yeah it was bad taste lol <_< thats the whole point. Bad joke for a person with bad logic! <_< and I've delt with favortism most of my life, so I probably sounded snappy sorry ;o

God**** if that is not the most common white response in america! Anyway thank u phd for handling the situation so well couldnt have said it better myself
Lol when whites get scholorships for being white, maybe so many whites wouldn't be like that? lol just to name one of the many advantages they get in America.

not racist just tired of favoritism.

edit: LOL @ xelic >_> yeah **** thise white hill billy crackers, thoes fry chicken lovers, them bad drives and them redpeople whom get free land! **** THEM ALL!

Brookman

Smash Hero
it also has got to be the truest.

Miharu

Smash Hero
And you're not helping this **** out at all by throwing back another offensive comment.

Sora should just get his *** kicked and go home. Contrary to what Nihonjin said, I don't believe that Sora will ever amount to anything much, and that is evident by his posting style. One, he can't spell and two, his grammar makes my eyes bleed. Hell, the former 2 don't count for jack **** if the poster is knowledgeable in what he or she is talking about, but Sora continues to uphold the fact that random underground smashers can beat pros in their current state.

Blatantly arguing a point that is clearly wrong, and is confirmed to be wrong by the majority of intelligent individuals is a sign of stupidity. Not saying that it can't be fixed but it sure as hell isn't likely in Sora's case.

</off topic rant>

This topic was nice, Lunin. Gave some nice insight about how the pros really thought through some situations, and it's actually help to improve my game by a noticeable amount. SSBM has become more of a thinking game for me now XD

keeperofthekeys

Smash Cadet
first off, congratulate me for reading this entire thread. this was a battle of stamina and right now, i'm feeling kind of light headed. but anyway,

i think that you should have two cams going on at the same time. one of the matches and the other of Sora's face. have them run at the same time and give us both vids. thats something i might pay money for.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
And you're not helping this **** out at all by throwing back another offensive comment.

Sora should just get his *** kicked and go home. Contrary to what Nihonjin said, I don't believe that Sora will ever amount to anything much, and that is evident by his posting style. One, he can't spell and two, his grammar makes my eyes bleed. Hell, the former 2 don't count for jack **** if the poster is knowledgeable in what he or she is talking about, but Sora continues to uphold the fact that random underground smashers can beat pros in their current state.

Blatantly arguing a point that is clearly wrong, and is confirmed to be wrong by the majority of intelligent individuals is a sign of stupidity. Not saying that it can't be fixed but it sure as hell isn't likely in Sora's case.
lol you should've seen ME when I first started (Even though I didn't post about it half as much as he's doing right now, I was about equally bad XD).
Then I got my *** handed to me after claiming to be able to take on the world....
All that did was make me greedy to basically become what I claimed to be (Because even though it was a lie, thinking you're the best is kind of a fun feeling)...

So no matter how arrogant, stupid, ignorant or weird someone acts before tournaments there's always a chance they MIGHT have the talent to become one of the best.
To me Sora's arrogant posting only tells me he's not going to be all that happy about losing, and then he'll either quit, or probably become retardedly good...

Miharu

Smash Hero
Haha, I like how your sig correlates with your argument XD

Yeah, so I guess there's really no middle ground in a situation like this?

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol you should've seen ME when I first started (Even though I didn't post about it half as much as he's doing right now, I was about equally bad XD).
Then I got my *** handed to me after claiming to be able to take on the world....
All that did was make me greedy to basically become what I claimed to be (Because even though it was a lie, thinking you're the best is kind of a fun feeling)...

So no matter how arrogant, stupid, ignorant or weird someone acts before tournaments there's always a chance they MIGHT have the talent to become one of the best.
To me Sora's arrogant posting only tells me he's not going to be all that happy about losing, and then he'll either quit, or probably become retardedly good...

Lol Nihonjin's Sheik looks retardedly good xD It's my idol
Ahh im off topic. Uhh yea, I like Lunins post. Too much.. digressive discussion xD

Lol Sora.. GL

I wanna see a recording of the TV and his Face too xD

Edit: Shameless Advertising!! COME TO NCT2!! Norcal Tournament FTW

PHD

Smash Apprentice
@ Aiser: I can sorta see your point about the favoritism, but the answer isn't to try and do what you think is wrong in the first place. If some blacks make fun of whites, the anser isn't for whites to make fun of blacks, but to just not do it all together. Especially with stereotypes used to degrade an entire race. Whites have been making fun of blacks (with really ridiculous stereotypes) for a lot longer than we have been making fun of them, and thats one of the main reasons why I think a lot of us are so touchy about these kind of jokes.

Lol when whites get scholorships for being white, maybe so many whites wouldn't be like that? lol just to name one of the many advantages they get in America.

not racist just tired of favoritism.
Thats such a bad excuse. Blacks get slight advantages in some places, and it still hasn't been enough to bring them up in society. I really think more needs to be done. The black unemployment rate is double what it is for whites, and people still complain about something as minor as a scholarship?

Aiser

Smash Lord
>_> You just had to push the debate button of mine.

@ Aiser: I can sorta see your point about the favoritism, but the answer isn't to try and do what you think is wrong in the first place. If some blacks make fun of whites, the anser isn't for whites to make fun of blacks, but to just not do it all together. Especially with stereotypes used to degrade an entire race. Whites have been making fun of blacks (with really ridiculous stereotypes) for a lot longer than we have been making fun of them, and thats one of the main reasons why I think a lot of us are so touchy about these kind of jokes.
I like to point back to what I said before, I know it was a tasteless joke, hence why I used it. I'm not gonna use my best stuff on Sora. Thats like trying to confused a kid with downsyndrome.

Thats such a bad excuse. Blacks get slight advantages in some places, and it still hasn't been enough to bring them up in society. I really think more needs to be done. The black unemployment rate is double what it is for whites, and people still complain about something as minor as a scholarship?
Not really well not unless you're white and wish you had that too lol.

Don't mean to sound racist but correct me if I'm wrong too, but most of the black population thats unemployed live in the ghetto regions of America? Also if I'm nto mistaken a good portion of those that live in ghettos Black and White, generally are less likely to work?

What I wanted to try and get across and did an aweful job doing was, steroetypes are wrong, but what kinda of society do we live in were we can't poke fun at them once in a while. Its notlike I go down to KFC everyday and occasionally see a black guy and go. "OMGZ U R EATIN FRIED CHICKENZ IZ IT GUUD?!" <_< then we would have a problem.

Sytar

Smash Ace
Aiser, open a god**** history book. Flip over to the 1960s and 1970s.

Oh ****, that's the time your parents were living in.

Oh ****, many blacks are still alive from that time.

Oh ****, you don't understand the ramifications of your actions.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Guys Sora already kicked this thread off-topic, don't go off-topic on an off-topic...topic...
**** it you know what I mean >_>

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
7 Habits

Luin your forum is more like 98% percent Sora/noob said:
This is a feeble attempt to get this thread back on topic. Keyword being feeble. Sora, as I've said before, I don't really care about the petty bickering, most of the people here are starting to act like children, pointlessly offering retort after retort.

Basically, it seems you have a fun habit of contradicting yourself. I was much too lazy to locate what I'm about to refer to, but in a recent post you indicated that you did not need to mentally prepare or think of counters etc, that you would do it in "2 seconds" and adapt as such. Now, to me, it seems excessively hypocritical to say that the 7 habits are bull**** when you have fallen prey to their devious design and done it yourself. Without exactly what Lunin has voiced through the 7 habits, your "adaptation in 2 secszors" would be impossible. Simply put, you're pretending to play smash on instinct. Being as it is a video game, I think you would agree no one has natural "instinct" in smash, whereing they would be able to pick up a controller and know the ins and outs, and since I used the word instinct, you, unlike a bird who flies off actual instinct, do not have a code in your DNA to instantly play smash like a 'pro' without developing something for that instinct to flow from. In other words without coding in ones DNA, you won't have instinct at something until your mind learns it, which is exactly what the 7 Habits tries and successfully puts into words. Now, I know what you're thinking: "No one can think of these things while playing, it's only going to interfere blah blah cause distraction, can't actually think during match, I just playzs." That's ludicrous. I guarentee that if you were conscious at the young age of whenever you learned to walk taht you couldn't just "instinctually walk around" but that your mind had to physically think and concentrate on each step. Now, lo and behold, it's natural and you don't think about it. The parallels seem obvious to me. The only reason you can adapt and learn if that is the case is because your mind thinks as the 7 habits describe. This is irrefutable.

Atlus

Brookman

Smash Hero
I love how this topic is turning into a racial debate now lol. lol, I think if being ghetto wasn't something to be proud of less people would be living in that sort of state, so I'd like to thank mainstream rap. I miss the good old days when the ghetto was all about sould and stevie wonder. urban life decays? honestly, black people are so lucky, they should really feel blessed to have the history they do.

EDIT: I guess I should answer that before I get called racist or something. I'll just leave it at poor jews I guess.

honestly, you really shouldn't bother trying to make any points about race, it's really a pointless topic to argue about, especially in lunin's topic, which has already suffered enough, so I insist you take all your silly little race wars to private messages and/or aim please/thanks

Aiser

Smash Lord
Aiser, open a god**** history book. Flip over to the 1960s and 1970s.

Oh ****, that's the time your parents were living in.

Oh ****, many blacks are still alive from that time.

Oh ****, you don't understand the ramifications of your actions.
Edit: Nevermind I'll just back off of this, its obviously people still get offensive over this. Should have thought about that before getting into this. Sorry for spamming your thread yet agaiin lunin.

Cort

Apple Head
I think the point is that it wasn't even called for, Aiser. It was just another one of your postcount++ posts that make me gag.

Zeak Asukura

Smash Rookie

Hmm.... I think Sora has said alot of stuff to make him self look really silly, but at the sametime I think hes made alot of other people look silly also, without a doubt. But I think alot of the stuff he said kinda made sense. I wont go much into the baby picture, but I do agree with him on that. Sora only said he was pissing people for the fun of it, just to get some laughs. And I know for a fact that I got a big hoot watching him. But he also said, he was just doing it so that one of the best would take him on. Honestly, what wrong with that ? You guys really need to learn what it means to have a sense of humor.

Man, Another reason I agree with some of the stuff he said. Is because alot of the people here do belittle underground players. Its like if you havent heard of them here, then it means that they really arent all that great. But do you guys everstop to look at it the otherway around ? You guys dont have respect for noobies because,one or two reasons. you never heard of them, and they say that they are a great player,or you never seen them play. But when a noobie comes along, they havent heard of 99% percent of the people here, nore have they seen any of you play, but they get other members telling them how good so and so is. But then you all get upset when they dont listen or show respect ?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Is because alot of the people here do belittle underground players. Its like if you havent heard of them here, then it means that they really arent all that great. But do you guys everstop to look at it the otherway around ? You guys dont have respect for noobies because,one or two reasons. you never heard of them, and they say that they are a great player,or you never seen them play. But when a noobie comes along, they havent heard of 99% percent of the people here, nore have they seen any of you play, but they get other members telling them how good so and so is. But then you all get upset when they dont listen or show respect ?
I think you're missing the point. Members of this site are not argumentative by nature. We won't (I won't, anyway) try to put somebody down unless their actions have warranted it. We have criticized and insulted Sora not because we are "die-hard fans" or even because we haven't heard of him, but because he has completely foregone any semblance of reason or civility. Most of the time, he's just flat-out disrespectful, even to the people who have been nice to him.

You've asked us to look at it the other way around. Well, I think if Sora hasn't heard of anybody on this site, it kind of proves our point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think one can be considered "underground" if one has no understanding of the surface. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to be some kind of undiscovered prodigy, but such a thing has never happened before, so why should we give him the benefit of the doubt?

I once met a novice player from my town whose attitude was eerily similar to Sora's. He told me that he was "one of the best Links around," that he used advanced techs (even though he didn't), and that he had gotten second or third in some Nintendo World tournament held in NYC. He had also won tournaments at a nearby mall. In his mind, this put him in the highest tier of players, even though the Nintendo World tournament was a huge joke in the Smash community. He insisted that he was going to beat me. After I ***** him, his team partner, and two guys he looked up to, he finally started to realize the same things that Sora is going to realize soon, which are incidentally the same things that every reputable player on this board had to realize at some point. Also, I think it's important to note that I am now good friends with both that novice and his partner.

I don't want Sora to quit if he loses because I want him to have the same chances to improve and contribute as everybody else. We don't (I don't, anyway) play this game to make enemies or to exclude people.

This is me being completely serious: If Sora were to beat FLT (it's not going to happen, but if it did), I think it would be the most amazing thing to happen in this community in many, many years. If it happens, I will readily and publicly admit that I was wrong.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I love how professional you are zoso, all your posts are extremely well thought out and concise, if only everyone posted as intelligently. if only everyone listened to and understood such a well made post, there would be no fighting. silly ign'int people

BearBoy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I found this interesting and also agree that the irritate mindset is the one i follow for it does disrupt other players immensely expecially when being hit by a ball of pink wearing a green bandanna

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Cool dude we can do it when ever you come, no prob. but i agree with the " put up or shut up thing". i mean im trash talking with everyone, its mostly fun thats why i do it. ^ ^ but yea luin should be gratefull. his lame *** forum would have died out at page 7 if it wasent for me. evryone knows im the main reason everyone is posting here. i say 7 because of the 1 or 2 posts he gets from people every 5 to 6 pages. Luin your forum is more like 98% percent Sora/noob, 2.2 peccent "7 habits bull****". Stop kidding yourself luin. no ones believe in that bs.

Hmm its ok. you seem like a noobie basher. Luin its not really fun pissing you off. because your not really good at bashing or trash talking. And i type to as long as people can read it fairly well. And it seems like they can so, its no problem for me.
LoL this stuff is too good. First of all this thread might have been smaller if it wasn't for you, but at least it would have been 80% more useful if it wasn't for you. This thread is all about your trashtalk at this point and even if it is a big thread that means nothing, because so much of it isn't even on topic. So please shut the **** up you God ****ed nub (becase you are one just in case you still don't know). And that isn't noob or anything referred to noob in quotes by you, YOU ARE ACTUALLY A ****ING NUB. And Lunin isn't trying to bash you are trash talk you because he didn't create this thread for that reason if he did he would own your *** up and down smashboards. Because you are pretty much the only person in this thread arguing with no evidence (of course according to you personal opinion is factual evidence lol)

All I can say is that if you aren't who you say you are (actually a pro acting like a noob) you are basically handing over money to Fastliketree and making yourself his *****. (aka ruining your smash career if you aren't coming back).

thats all i was trying to do.. diehard fans so quick to jump to conclusion.
Diehard fans? Dude I have never met FLT in my life and the only vids I've seen of him are when he was at FC6. Plus he is in the top 20 in the U.S. (i think) so basically the odds are 100% against your ***. This is like one of the strongest men alive vs. a random person in a test of strength. Simply off this stuff I can say for a fact that the conclusion has already been made. If you ask me you are gonna get so owned that we can already pretend that you lost.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Frustrating. Regardless of what Sora did wrong, a lot of people, (good post Zoso and Zeak , show's insight) are acting just as immature and foolish. I agree with what Zoso said, it's not impossible and the main problem is attitude here. However, a lot of the "Shut the **** up Noob this, noob that, I'm yelling and acting almost as immature as the person I'm attempting to bash" is seriously getting aggravating. I really like Lunin's post,I thought it was intelligent. My first post in this thread was only in referance to that, and to Sora's thoughts on that. The argument about who will beat who, who is pro that, what noob did this, is a waste of time and is completely superfluous.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Sora's attitude whatsoever. If it were me and I wanted to test myself, I wouldn't come on here and start flaming the people I was told were good just to get their attention. Knowing these people like to compete, I dunno, I would just ****** ask. I want to compete. Anyone in my area. If, Sora as you have claimed before, that was all you were looking for, you didn't need to be such a jerk about it. Simple. It's a matter of respect, and with that said, you cannot expect respect from others if you do not offer it back, especially walking into a community such as this one. The childish arguing back and forth is becoming irritating now. With that said, don't argue with him or really anyone who is going to nitpick like this and is simply trying to get a rise. I've tried to make posts about the topic, or what Sora said about this thread, or what I thought about the thread. Keep it to that, it's a waste of time arguing with someone who is here to argue and cause trouble. There will always be people out there who will argue for the sake of arguing itself. This has really gone on too long, does not everyone agree? I mean, considering this whole thing started because Sora bashed this thread and it's pertinence, despite the accuracy of it being unquestonable, it seems odd now that the arguing has NOTHING to do with the 7 habits anymore.

Bah, back to work this one must go.

Atlus.

y2kbakura

Smash Journeyman
I think you're missing the point. Members of this site are not argumentative by nature. We won't (I won't, anyway) try to put somebody down unless their actions have warranted it. We have criticized and insulted Sora not because we are "die-hard fans" or even because we haven't heard of him, but because he has completely foregone any semblance of reason or civility. Most of the time, he's just flat-out disrespectful, even to the people who have been nice to him.

You've asked us to look at it the other way around. Well, I think if Sora hasn't heard of anybody on this site, it kind of proves our point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think one can be considered "underground" if one has no understanding of the surface. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to be some kind of undiscovered prodigy, but such a thing has never happened before, so why should we give him the benefit of the doubt?

I once met a novice player from my town whose attitude was eerily similar to Sora's. He told me that he was "one of the best Links around," that he used advanced techs (even though he didn't), and that he had gotten second or third in some Nintendo World tournament held in NYC. He had also won tournaments at a nearby mall. In his mind, this put him in the highest tier of players, even though the Nintendo World tournament was a huge joke in the Smash community. He insisted that he was going to beat me. After I ***** him, his team partner, and two guys he looked up to, he finally started to realize the same things that Sora is going to realize soon, which are incidentally the same things that every reputable player on this board had to realize at some point. Also, I think it's important to note that I am now good friends with both that novice and his partner.

I don't want Sora to quit if he loses because I want him to have the same chances to improve and contribute as everybody else. We don't (I don't, anyway) play this game to make enemies or to exclude people.

This is me being completely serious: If Sora were to beat FLT (it's not going to happen, but if it did), I think it would be the most amazing thing to happen in this community in many, many years. If it happens, I will readily and publicly admit that I was wrong.
OMG Zoso actually making a useful post.
j/k:laugh:
but really very true a lot af smashers, that may have talent
need to learn humility,
your not the best unless your Ken,
or can play againts him withouth getting *****

flaco

The Terminator
you spam that me zoso just jokking lol i want to have that rep i suck lol people tell me rep doesent matter i thin is not true or maybe lol.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
If, Sora as you have claimed before, that was all you were looking for, you didn't need to be such a jerk about it. Simple. It's a matter of respect
dis is an interesting point. wat if sora came in and was all nice and **** and just saisd "im da best i think ^_^ ^_^" would ppl really care?

he would not get the attention, and i think he wanted it.

actually, i got 2 theories. one is he really is a **** in general and belives he's tough ****.

but here's my other theory. in this second one, sora thinks he's the **** but he's nice in real life, but he knew he had to talk **** to get the chance to play someone sohe could get a CHANCE to prove himself.

in both cases though he thinks he's the **** when he's not lolz so there's a prob right there
neways just one more week then it'll all be over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom