• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some rules I followed to get better, by LunInSpectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIDS

Smash Lord
dude just get good mind games....use dash dance a lot ken and isia are to good for almost anyone but they can be beat.....you just need to belive in yourself

dcx1287

Smash Lord
The match is set to occur on October 7th (Saturday) which is exactly one week from now. There will be a new topic made in the Video section 1 v 1 when the videos of the match plus real life post-match interview are made available.

BearBoy

Smash Apprentice
The match is set to occur on October 7th (Saturday) which is exactly one week from now. There will be a new topic made in the Video section 1 v 1 when the videos of the match plus real life post-match interview are made available.
Good to hear thanks for the update

y2kbakura

Smash Journeyman
dis is an interesting point. wat if sora came in and was all nice and **** and just saisd "im da best i think ^_^ ^_^" would ppl really care?

he would not get the attention, and i think he wanted it.

actually, i got 2 theories. one is he really is a **** in general and belives he's tough ****.

but here's my other theory. in this second one, sora thinks he's the **** but he's nice in real life, but he knew he had to talk **** to get the chance to play someone sohe could get a CHANCE to prove himself.

in both cases though he thinks he's the **** when he's not lolz so there's a prob right there
neways just one more week then it'll all be over

thats a good theory
but i think he just doest know any better
you know why am sure of this?
because i use to be the same way
first time i went to a tournament i thougth
i was the ****, so i challenged everybody to a MM
and guess what i got my *** handed to me on a platter
BUT, i did learn what i need to learn, how to be humble
we all have gonwe thourht it at some point of our smash
experience. the important thing is not giving up
if sora admits he was wrong and keeps trying he has my respect

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Frustrating. Regardless of what Sora did wrong, a lot of people, (good post Zoso and Zeak , show's insight) are acting just as immature and foolish. I agree with what Zoso said, it's not impossible and the main problem is attitude here. However, a lot of the "Shut the **** up Noob this, noob that, I'm yelling and acting almost as immature as the person I'm attempting to bash" is seriously getting aggravating. I really like Lunin's post,I thought it was intelligent. My first post in this thread was only in referance to that, and to Sora's thoughts on that. The argument about who will beat who, who is pro that, what noob did this, is a waste of time and is completely superfluous.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Sora's attitude whatsoever. If it were me and I wanted to test myself, I wouldn't come on here and start flaming the people I was told were good just to get their attention. Knowing these people like to compete, I dunno, I would just ****** ask. I want to compete. Anyone in my area. If, Sora as you have claimed before, that was all you were looking for, you didn't need to be such a jerk about it. Simple. It's a matter of respect, and with that said, you cannot expect respect from others if you do not offer it back, especially walking into a community such as this one. The childish arguing back and forth is becoming irritating now. With that said, don't argue with him or really anyone who is going to nitpick like this and is simply trying to get a rise. I've tried to make posts about the topic, or what Sora said about this thread, or what I thought about the thread. Keep it to that, it's a waste of time arguing with someone who is here to argue and cause trouble. There will always be people out there who will argue for the sake of arguing itself. This has really gone on too long, does not everyone agree? I mean, considering this whole thing started because Sora bashed this thread and it's pertinence, despite the accuracy of it being unquestonable, it seems odd now that the arguing has NOTHING to do with the 7 habits anymore.

Bah, back to work this one must go.

Atlus.

Basically I want to explain myself for trash-talking sora. Sora is an idiot and by insulting him and trying to bring down his confidence, you are right I am accomplishing nothing, but the point of it is to show how wrong he is and how much almost everyone (if not everyone on the boards) is against him or opposing him because they KNOW he is wrong. Its not because we are fan boys of Fast Like Tree or because he is a respected player or any of that, it is because we know that to date in basically any situation one person can't be better at doing something than another that has experience. From what I'm understanding, this guy has no idea how to play competitively and how is he supposed to do that if he doesn't know how?

I understand I make some huge assumptions such as we already know what the outcome of the matches are going to be, but this is only to emphasize how sure I (and probably many smashers) am that this guy is going to lose and bad. Even if he comes back to play smash after that he is going to be scarred by this. Now I'm not saying that I don't want him to come back or that I'm personally going to keep bringing him down to the lowest of the lows in smash, but the smash community is no closer to perfection than any other community and there will definately be those *******s that will keep baggin on sora after he loses and he hopefully comes back.

I don't care if this guy wants to "prove" himself or any of that bull, but I at least want him to know that he seriously should not be making the assumptions that he is making nor be as confident as he is. If 2 guys make a building and one of them only has little of it done and the other one has it complete and perfect and then they both collapse which man will be more angry and put down by it? This guy's confidence is off the charts and I don't think he has even seen FLT or perhaps any pro play before compared to that of any smasher. I would have no confidence whatsoever that I could be someone like FLT therefore it will have no effect on me when I lose. This guy is going to **** up so bad he will leave smash ashamed and never come back.

In all honesty the only reason I'm trashtalking this guy is to show him how far back he went wrong from the moment he thought he was one of the best of the best he was way wrong. I went him to (after he loses) come back to smashboards and read the 10 ****ing pages of people telling he was gonna lose and just be angered by how right we were.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Well I can definately understand what you are saying CFreak. I didn't mean to make my post sound like an attack or anything, I just have worked with people for so long that I'm used to and assume people like Sora will not learn anything, and will simply fuel their idiocy if we give them more ammunition to load their ego's with. I suppose I just got tired of trying to raise the IQ's of morons through logical thought and intelligent arguments. These are the type of person (and I hope I'm wrong about ya Sora d00d, but you don't help your case) doesn't learn from mistakes or from the wisdom of others, but will blame other people and other reasons for their mistakes or their attitude.

I suppose I just like the topic of the thread so much that seeing it get butchered like this is disheartening.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Why not just open up another thread continuing the actual topic of this thread and leave this one to be the Sora is a n00b thread? Seems like the best way to prevent a good topic from getting ***** and at the same time providing me and others ample entertainment at the expense of an idiot.

ashestoashes500

Smash Cadet
Why not just open up another thread continuing the actual topic of this thread and leave this one to be the Sora is a n00b thread? Seems like the best way to prevent a good topic from getting ***** and at the same time providing me and others ample entertainment at the expense of an idiot.
lol waiting for someone to do that

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Dang, this match between FastLikeTree and supern00b Sora Keyblade Master is going to be the most anticipated battle this side of Ken vs. Azen (whenever it happens). I want video footage of this youtubed the day it's made.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lix, I will never get tired of watching your little movie. <3
LOL, it's hypnotic isn't it? I played like garbage that match and 2-stocked by Viperboy, but it was totally worth it.

I'm not sure what is going on with this "Ultra Nova" guy though. Is he also challenging FLT? Is FLT going to take on both of them at once?

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
No, me and Sora are not fighting him at the same time. Sora is fighting first. Then I'm going to fight him. Thats what was agreed on. Only Sora vs. FLT is for the money. I'm just fighting him to see how I stand up against him.

Sliq

Smash Master
Never has the title "Smash N00b" been so appropriate.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
There is only one thing better than incredibly egotistical n00bs getting thrashed, and that's if a spiritual figure or entity appears before you and proves to you the existance of an afterlife and that you get to bang women in it.

I'm still waiting for the later :-(

Zeak Asukura

Smash Rookie
I think you're missing the point. Members of this site are not argumentative by nature. We won't (I won't, anyway) try to put somebody down unless their actions have warranted it. We have criticized and insulted Sora not because we are "die-hard fans" or even because we haven't heard of him, but because he has completely foregone any semblance of reason or civility. Most of the time, he's just flat-out disrespectful, even to the people who have been nice to him.

You've asked us to look at it the other way around. Well, I think if Sora hasn't heard of anybody on this site, it kind of proves our point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think one can be considered "underground" if one has no understanding of the surface. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to be some kind of undiscovered prodigy, but such a thing has never happened before, so why should we give him the benefit of the doubt?

I once met a novice player from my town whose attitude was eerily similar to Sora's. He told me that he was "one of the best Links around," that he used advanced techs (even though he didn't), and that he had gotten second or third in some Nintendo World tournament held in NYC. He had also won tournaments at a nearby mall. In his mind, this put him in the highest tier of players, even though the Nintendo World tournament was a huge joke in the Smash community. He insisted that he was going to beat me. After I ***** him, his team partner, and two guys he looked up to, he finally started to realize the same things that Sora is going to realize soon, which are incidentally the same things that every reputable player on this board had to realize at some point. Also, I think it's important to note that I am now good friends with both that novice and his partner.

I don't want Sora to quit if he loses because I want him to have the same chances to improve and contribute as everybody else. We don't (I don't, anyway) play this game to make enemies or to exclude people.

This is me being completely serious: If Sora were to beat FLT (it's not going to happen, but if it did), I think it would be the most amazing thing to happen in this community in many, many years. If it happens, I will readily and publicly admit that I was wrong.
Zoso you've made some good points but you only seem to be stuck on Sora. When i said that noobies come here , without knowledge of what this site proclaims to be the best. i wasent refering to sora. But i actually ment "Noobies" As " New" members of this site. Also, you should also keep in mind. Just cause one hasent played the best of this site, doesnt mean he hasent played the best. My brother alex was very good at this game. and he belittled Max, ( Sora's real name ) Since my brother Alex ( Who sora was refering to, when previously stated, he listed who he thought the best in texas was ) was so sure of himself, so sure that sora had no ideal of the games fundementals and advance tecs. That he agreed to soras duel. Afther sora won, he retired him. So now he no longers play. in the outcome sora gain the respect he wanted. but at the sametime he was known as the kid that retired my bro.

Sorry to go off topic, you gave a story to help your point, it stood that i should do the same. But you also said that to be underground you have to knowledge of the surface. No i dont thinks thats right. If that was the case, then to be on top, you have to have knowledge of the undeground, most people dont, but that doesnt change them from being on top. UGC have members that may be very skilled, and they may be known in the UGC, but it doesnt mean they will be known on the surface. Most of the best smasher, let me rewrite that so that it doesnt offend anyone. The only top smashers that reach the UGC are the ones that are well known out of this site. No offense but i didnt see names such as," Fast like tree ", "hugs" ect in wikipedia, but i have heard of people like, Matt Deezie, And MTV ran a special “True Life: I'm a Professional Gamer” featuring MLG Pro Smasher KillaOR. I believe luin once said, and i think you backed him up yourself. A Pro is someone that has respect not only in the their community, but outside aswell. When i say take a look at it from the noobies point of view thats what i mean. And people that make videos of themselfs are also known unerground. just how you told sora the world conseist of more than just texas, I only ask that you take into consieration that the game " Super Smash bros Melee " Is much bigger than just this website, most people see this as a fansite at most, Fansite: as in a site honoring the game, that also host game related info.

X-box might be pretty populare in america, but that doesnt mean its going to get the same love in japan. Same here, you may be verywell known on smashboards. but there could also be alot of people who hasent heard of you in the UGC. Please just take both sides into consideration. Oh and sora is actually pretty cool " IRL " if i had to revert him to any anime character it would be " Sasuke Uchia " from " Naruto ".

Aster Phoenix

Smash Rookie
There is only one thing better than incredibly egotistical n00bs getting thrashed, and that's if a spiritual figure or entity appears before you and proves to you the existance of an afterlife and that you get to bang women in it.

I'm still waiting for the later :-(
Just when you would think mewtwo couldent get any uglyer, i wonder whos uglyer... you are Sliq ? lol :laugh: and to think you guys posted right afther each other, lol. oh sorry um... nice post zeak. there now i did my part by adding to the thread.

Sliq

Smash Master
I get it. He looked at that year old photo of me (because I'm too lazy to update it) and called me ugly. Well, I guess thats what I get for not being afraid of letting people in the scary Internets world see what I look like.

Oh what fun it is to make fun of someone's appearance because you lack any other means with which to demean someone. If it came down to it, I guess I would prefer being in the top 3rd college in the US (for my major), with $5000 in scholarships and having the balls enough to post a photo of myself on the internet as opposed to, say, being a smacktard who finds solice in the fact that he called 2 people on the internet ugly without some sort of repurcussion besides a longwinded rant about how big of a **** head he is.

Also, Crashman said my pic looked like him, so you are saying Crashman is ugly. That means that Crashman will break into your house and sodomize you now. You reap what you sow, and what you sow is butt ****.

Also, you spelled uglier wrong twice. And how do you mix up "or" and "are"? They're not even freaking close! Moron.

Aiser

Smash Lord
X-box might be pretty populare in america, but that doesnt mean its going to get the same love in japan. Same here, you may be verywell known on smashboards. but there could also be alot of people who hasent heard of you in the UGC. Please just take both sides into consideration. Oh and sora is actually pretty cool " IRL " if i had to revert him to any anime character it would be " Sasuke Uchia " from " Naruto ".
So hes emo? lol.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
No offense but i didnt see names such as," Fast like tree ", "hugs" ect in wikipedia, but i have heard of people like, Matt Deezie, And MTV ran a special “True Life: I'm a Professional Gamer” featuring MLG Pro Smasher KillaOR.
You have heard of Matt Deezie and KillaOR. That's great, it means they are more popular to the outside community.

However, it tells nothing of their relative skill in the game. Just because you have heard of those players outside does not make them better (in skill) than players that are not well-advertised outside of smashboards.

Taking your examples into consideration, it's very fair to say HugS and FLT (the two you mentioned) are better in skill than KillaOR and Mattdeezie, based on tournaments. This is what things like the "power rankings" are for. HugS is rank 13, FLT is rank 21.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83821

Where is KillaOR? He's not ranked player, not here and not based on MLG points either, despite him having "Pro" status.

Mattdeezie, in fact, does not even play the game anymore. He's not a part of the community anymore. He was a brilliant tournament organizer, having hosted a 6 of the largest smash tournaments in history (the Tournament Go series). 3 or so years ago he would have been considered in the top echelons of California smash, but that means nothing now. The status of player ranks has changed dramatically since then.

You say KillaOR is more popular, but why don't you look at his tournament statistics. I haven't seen him defeat a single good person in quite a while.

He's an MLG "Pro" in the sense that he is signed with MLG. This does not automatically equate to being superior in the game to anyone who doesn't have his fame outside of smashboards.

This is not to say KillaOR isn't good. He is an incredibly gifted player, but the point of bringing all this up was to illustrate how fame does not correlate exactly with skill level.

I'll say it bluntly now - this is almost entirely the reason why everyone thinks Sora will lose: It's because based on his posting history, it is very obvious that he is very inexperienced when it comes to certain basic rules and strategies of this game.

HugS pointed this out earlier; I'll state it again as an example:

Sora was complaining about having only "neutral" stages - Fountain, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's story, Battlefield, Final Destination

Sora claimed that Fox has a distinct advantage on these stages and so he did not want these on.

Now comes the funny part that conveys quite a bit of inexperience and unsophistication on Sora's part -

Sora demanded stages like Hyrule Temple and Termina Bay to be on. The irony of this is that these stage are banned in the first place because of Fox. Fox has essentially broken tactics on these stages that are literally impossible to combat if you are 24/26 characters in the game.

just how you told sora the world conseist of more than just texas, I only ask that you take into consieration that the game " Super Smash bros Melee " Is much bigger than just this website
Yes, there are countless numbers of people who play SSBM who do not visit this site, you are correct on that account.

However, historically, no player outside of smashboards has ever come in and defeated well-standing smashboards veterans, assuming that such a player has had 0 prior experience playing good (smashboards-veteran) individuals.

This applies to all smashboards veterans, by the way. There are many incredibly gifted players out there who would likewise not lose to someone like Sora. Why can I be so confident in saying this? Because it's never happened in the past 3 years of this game's competitive history.

Competitive SSBM gameplay is far too developed to allow someone from outside the community with no knowledge of the advanced tactics and (even more important) no experience playing good (smashboards-veteran) individuals to come in and soundly defeat long-standing veterans.

It has not happened in years, but I challenge Sora to prove me wrong.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I like how Sora is either A: amassing a bunch of his friends to help "defend" himself, or B: making many aliases to help "defend" himself. Does he expect to get respect for being an *** to everyone and being such a huge n00b that EVERYONE who is any good knows he's a n00b? Seriously, it's pathetic how ignorant this batch of n00bs are, significantly worse than any other group of n00bs I have ever encountered so far.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Zoso you've made some good points but you only seem to be stuck on Sora. When i said that noobies come here , without knowledge of what this site proclaims to be the best. i wasent refering to sora. But i actually ment "Noobies" As " New" members of this site. Also, you should also keep in mind. Just cause one hasent played the best of this site, doesnt mean he hasent played the best. My brother alex was very good at this game. and he belittled Max, ( Sora's real name ) Since my brother Alex ( Who sora was refering to, when previously stated, he listed who he thought the best in texas was ) was so sure of himself, so sure that sora had no ideal of the games fundementals and advance tecs. That he agreed to soras duel. Afther sora won, he retired him. So now he no longers play. in the outcome sora gain the respect he wanted. but at the sametime he was known as the kid that retired my bro.

Sorry to go off topic, you gave a story to help your point, it stood that i should do the same. But you also said that to be underground you have to knowledge of the surface. No i dont thinks thats right. If that was the case, then to be on top, you have to have knowledge of the undeground, most people dont, but that doesnt change them from being on top. UGC have members that may be very skilled, and they may be known in the UGC, but it doesnt mean they will be known on the surface. Most of the best smasher, let me rewrite that so that it doesnt offend anyone. The only top smashers that reach the UGC are the ones that are well known out of this site. No offense but i didnt see names such as," Fast like tree ", "hugs" ect in wikipedia, but i have heard of people like, Matt Deezie, And MTV ran a special “True Life: I'm a Professional Gamer” featuring MLG Pro Smasher KillaOR. I believe luin once said, and i think you backed him up yourself. A Pro is someone that has respect not only in the their community, but outside aswell. When i say take a look at it from the noobies point of view thats what i mean. And people that make videos of themselfs are also known unerground. just how you told sora the world conseist of more than just texas, I only ask that you take into consieration that the game " Super Smash bros Melee " Is much bigger than just this website, most people see this as a fansite at most, Fansite: as in a site honoring the game, that also host game related info.

Umm this is sora's new account :p

You can tell coz he's the ONLY PERSON who says luin instead of LUNIN or Lun
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Umm this is sora's new account :p

You can tell coz he's the ONLY PERSON who says luin instead of LUNIN or Lun
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
dude honestly it isnt.... im just a good friend of his brother. anyway check our ip adresses if you dont believe me. either way im not going to go out of my way to prove you wrong. I say luin perposelyfor short, he might have done its as a typo. butlike i said. im not going go out of my way to prove you wrong. This isnt the first time someone thought we were one in the same. Hey mookie rah, you got beef with me or something ? i dont think i even posted a message to you, but all of a sudden your pissed off ? Oh i saw everything from the last time i was here, i dont want to reply to everyone because i dont really care. But i wont quit if i lose. and atlus i seen post about me haveing the mental habits. its funny because you said i do have them, but luin said it was obvious i didnt have them, because of something i said with levels. anyway ill be back friday before the flt Vs Sora battle. Lemme get the apology out of the way. Sorry if i offended anyon while i was here n stuff.. i only did it , because the attention is fun. but yea n stuff.. sorry EVERYBODY. now you guys can move with your lifes n stuff. and the thread can be back on track finally. luin dude you can take my name down now.... im finish here. the threard is yours again.

Hey flt, saturday is good n everything but could you guys come as early as you can ? both nova and anthoney have to go to work a 4:00 pm... so if you guys came before then. it would be cool.

Arj

Smash Apprentice
I only read about half the posts, but does Sora really expect to be able to compete, I couldn't get that from the majority of the posts on the subject?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm only using Sora as an example. Referencing your brother Alex as an example of somebody who Sora beat doesn't do anything for your argument. This has come up a few times, actually. I'm sure there are a lot of people who Sora can beat, but beating players who are virtually unknown (in a national or interstate sense) doesn't make him good in the eyes of the community, which is the issue at hand.

Sorry to go off topic, you gave a story to help your point, it stood that i should do the same. But you also said that to be underground you have to knowledge of the surface. No i dont thinks thats right. If that was the case, then to be on top, you have to have knowledge of the undeground
If you don't have any idea what the actual community is like, you aren't underground; you're just uninformed. Top players don't necessarily have to be familiar with the underground, simply because it doesn't affect them in any way. However, just about everybody was underground at some point, including the top players.

A Pro is someone that has respect not only in the their community
The pro is a member of the national community. They don't need to have respect from people from outside the community (underground players, in this case) to be considered pro.

I only ask that you take into consieration that the game " Super Smash bros Melee " Is much bigger than just this website
I'd have to disagree with you on this point, as just about all of the world's top players have accounts here.

Oh and sora is actually pretty cool " IRL "
I'm sure he is.

darkatma

Smash Hero
dude honestly it isnt.... im just a good friend of his brother. anyway check our ip adresses if you dont believe me. either way im not going to go out of my way to prove you wrong. I say luin perposelyfor short, he might have done its as a typo. butlike i said. im not going go out of my way to prove you wrong. This isnt the first time someone thought we were one in the same. Hey mookie rah, you got beef with me or something ? i dont think i even posted a message to you, but all of a sudden your pissed off ? Oh i saw everything from the last time i was here, i dont want to reply to everyone because i dont really care. But i wont quit if i lose. and atlus i seen post about me haveing the mental habits. its funny because you said i do have them, but luin said it was obvious i didnt have them, because of something i said with levels. anyway ill be back friday before the flt Vs Sora battle. Lemme get the apology out of the way. Sorry if i offended anyon while i was here n stuff.. i only did it , because the attention is fun. but yea n stuff.. sorry EVERYBODY. now you guys can move with your lifes n stuff. and the thread can be back on track finally. luin dude you can take my name down now.... im finish here. the threard is yours again.

Hey flt, saturday is good n everything but could you guys come as early as you can ? both nova and anthoney have to go to work a 4:00 pm... so if you guys came before then. it would be cool.
Lol dude i was joking -_- GL on the 7th?
I will continue on with my life now. (hey look, this thread is 500+ replies long!)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey mookie rah, you got beef with me or something ? i dont think i even posted a message to you, but all of a sudden your pissed off ?
Haha, I'm not mad, I'm just having a really hard time wrapping my brain around how someone could have the mentality that you do. I have made threads talking about the mentality of N00bs, and have tried to understand the mindset, because I was always humble about smash when it came to outside of my group of friends. I instantly realized that there was a whooooole world of knowledge out there that I didn't know, and I took time to learn it and improve. So when a n00b comes around toting the opposite... I just can't understand that school of thought.

For you to truely think that you are great, while dissmissing what is known to be good and claiming that you could usurp a new age of smash based around not using known techniques, is absolutely stunning (just so you know, I know that you never made this claim per se; however, you infer this when you claim that you will beat our top players without using advanced techniques and strategies.) The fact that you don't realize how ignorant that is, how absolutely absurd it is, and the fact that this is the internet in which many n00bs before you have many similar claims and had been ***** up and down the continental US and some parts of Canada, is just something that is not short of amazing.

You will be DESTROYED. You stand no chance. Everyone in this room that has been here for a while and has had an open mind knows this. Everything you have said and done has only showed us the depth of your state of mind, and it's rather shallow. I don't think someone who couldn't realize obvious sarcasm would be physically and mentally able to take down someone who has mastered the psychology of gaming to the level that HugS or FLT has.

Please, save face, and AT LEAST, recognize that there is a possibility of your defeat and realize how much damage you have done to yourself. If you actually stuck with smash after your incident with FLT you will and always will remain a laughing stock.

Zeak Asukura

Smash Rookie
You have heard of Matt Deezie and KillaOR. That's great, it means they are more popular to the outside community.

However, it tells nothing of their relative skill in the game. Just because you have heard of those players outside does not make them better (in skill) than players that are not well-advertised outside of smashboards.

Taking your examples into consideration, it's very fair to say HugS and FLT (the two you mentioned) are better in skill than KillaOR and Mattdeezie, based on tournaments. This is what things like the "power rankings" are for. HugS is rank 13, FLT is rank 21.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83821

Where is KillaOR? He's not ranked player, not here and not based on MLG points either, despite him having "Pro" status.

Mattdeezie, in fact, does not even play the game anymore. He's not a part of the community anymore. He was a brilliant tournament organizer, having hosted a 6 of the largest smash tournaments in history (the Tournament Go series). 3 or so years ago he would have been considered in the top echelons of California smash, but that means nothing now. The status of player ranks has changed dramatically since then.

You say KillaOR is more popular, but why don't you look at his tournament statistics. I haven't seen him defeat a single good person in quite a while.

He's an MLG "Pro" in the sense that he is signed with MLG. This does not automatically equate to being superior in the game to anyone who doesn't have his fame outside of smashboards.

This is not to say KillaOR isn't good. He is an incredibly gifted player, but the point of bringing all this up was to illustrate how fame does not correlate exactly with skill level.

I'll say it bluntly now - this is almost entirely the reason why everyone thinks Sora will lose: It's because based on his posting history, it is very obvious that he is very inexperienced when it comes to certain basic rules and strategies of this game.

HugS pointed this out earlier; I'll state it again as an example:

Sora was complaining about having only "neutral" stages - Fountain, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's story, Battlefield, Final Destination

Sora claimed that Fox has a distinct advantage on these stages and so he did not want these on.

Now comes the funny part that conveys quite a bit of inexperience and unsophistication on Sora's part -

Sora demanded stages like Hyrule Temple and Termina Bay to be on. The irony of this is that these stage are banned in the first place because of Fox. Fox has essentially broken tactics on these stages that are literally impossible to combat if you are 24/26 characters in the game.

Yes, there are countless numbers of people who play SSBM who do not visit this site, you are correct on that account.

However, historically, no player outside of smashboards has ever come in and defeated well-standing smashboards veterans, assuming that such a player has had 0 prior experience playing good (smashboards-veteran) individuals.

This applies to all smashboards veterans, by the way. There are many incredibly gifted players out there who would likewise not lose to someone like Sora. Why can I be so confident in saying this? Because it's never happened in the past 3 years of this game's competitive history.

Competitive SSBM gameplay is far too developed to allow someone from outside the community with no knowledge of the advanced tactics and (even more important) no experience playing good (smashboards-veteran) individuals to come in and soundly defeat long-standing veterans.

It has not happened in years, but I challenge Sora to prove me wrong.
Could you please calm down and listen to what I said. If you carefully read over my post you would see, that I didnt at anypoint make the statement " the more known a fighter is the better he or she must be " I also think just becuase one may be ranked higher does not really mean they are better. Ranks will forever change so i dont think thats a great indicator. But im not saying its a bad one either. Hmm also did anyone of you everstop to think why Sora wanted those stages to be on ? its not like he said " No, fox has an advantage on netural levels, lets not play on them " but in terms believe he said something like all stages to be playable, and that he was able to play on all levels without a problem, Not to mention a "Anything Goes" battle, But how did you gain he has lack of gameplay knowledge from this ? Im not trying to defend him or nothing but um.... it was a basic thesis. I dont think he said quote for quote that fox had and advantage, he might I dont really know. I remember him saying something like foxs shine works well on thoses levels, aswell as all spike moves. Which I think is a pretty decent assumption, takeing in the fact that when most people display video combos for fox, that they normally choose one of those levels mostly final D. Here a list if you dont believe me.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fox+combos&hl=en

This is my last post for this forum. I dont want to make this a long going argument, Sora already handed back the thread,so anything actually discussing him is over. I just wanted to post this one last thing, Also you and few other people I find to have a very good way of outputting what you think and feel, in a intelligent manner,Atlus as being on of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom