• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Robsta

Smash Ace
I was playing Project M a lot the other day and I must say, it feels a lot more like 64 rather than Melee. ( I'm not sure how recent or old the version I was playing was).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
So. How's that super cool Back Room going guys? Made any game-changing decisions?

shanus

Smash Hero
I was playing Project M a lot the other day and I must say, it feels a lot more like 64 rather than Melee. ( I'm not sure how recent or old the version I was playing was).
Much more likely you are playing a severely outdated version. The current version has:

Identical melee physics (as in a 100% transfer of gravity, momentum, etc)
For top tiers - identical frame data, move functionality, and hitbox sizes
Identical hitstun

The main differences that have not yet been addressed:
-finalize model size to be identical to melee
-techroll distances and speeds need to matched (in progress)
-DI brawl potency autoscales to maximum DI on a partial input
-Nontumble hitstun is incapable of being DI'd
-Landing detection happens significantly earlier in brawl

Recent videos definitely demonstrate analogous speed to melee (these aren't the best clips, but definitely fairly recent):
Strong Bad v Darkrain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytwN3hYp7Cc
JCaesar v Boss (recent build) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSYgttTIaaM
Connor v Peligro (outdated mid october) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSrWYtppP8#t=9m30s

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Much more likely you are playing a severely outdated version. The current version has:

Identical melee physics (as in a 100% transfer of gravity, momentum, etc)
For top tiers - identical frame data, move functionality, and hitbox sizes
Identical hitstun

The main differences that have not yet been addressed:
-finalize model size to be identical to melee
-techroll distances and speeds need to matched (in progress)
-DI brawl potency autoscales to maximum DI on a partial input
-Nontumble hitstun is incapable of being DI'd
-Landing detection happens significantly earlier in brawl

Recent videos definitely demonstrate analogous speed to melee (these aren't the best clips, but definitely fairly recent):

Socal (mid october build): Connor v Peligro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSrWYtppP8#t=9m30s
MD: JCaesar v Boss (recent build) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSYgttTIaaM
Strong Bad v Darkrain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytwN3hYp7Cc
Looks just as good as the leak, tbh. Have it myself and I've been playing it with buddies for a few days now.

shanus

Smash Hero
Looks just as good as the leak, tbh. Have it myself and I've been playing it with buddies for a few days now.
Well yeah, if its the recent leak then it will match the gameplay as I described. However, I would appreciate it if you would not distribute or discuss whats in it, since it is still alpha stage and obviously work-in-progress.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well yeah, if its the recent leak then it will match the gameplay as I described. However, I would appreciate it if you would not distribute or discuss whats in it, since it is still alpha stage and obviously work-in-progress.
Yeah, it's not leaving my hands, no worries bro.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Edit: iPhone error, double post.

dandan

Smash Lord
that is more suitable for the ask a question thread.
but anyhow, what seems to be the problem with it?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
there're some vids about that on youtube, just look them for by the "Yosho BTT" name or something.
And please, don't use that blue color in your font.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I'm going to want to chat with a bunch of people regarding Brawl 64. Basically this weekend on Sunday, at about 5 PM Toronto time (I think that's EST) on IRC. Just join #Brawl64 then, I figure, we can discuss some things.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I am really depressed, I feel like I have been fighting a war against my computer to stop lag.....

and lost :(. I give up.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well SF, i've always found it pretty simple. If i recall... I went on the lower platform, then hit the lowest target, then went back up to the platform. The only one i didn't end up getting back for was the second last one he did, which was the last one i did....

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
yeah its highschool.

its like my senior paper though, combined with my product which was a fundraiser.

one kid wrote a 75 page one -_-

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I am not checking this instant, but galaxy crashes quite often.

Go to west wonderland in the meantime. If there are smash players there, then galaxy is probably down.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I can't get into Galaxy or Desiree's, but I can with other random servers.

Looks like Emulinker X blew up.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
backroom is planning to revamp the character discussion threads with mini-guides and collections of useful information for each character

additionally we've sorted out most of the kinks in the stage discussion, formally writing up ruleset at the moment

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
backroom is planning to revamp the character discussion threads with mini-guides and collections of useful information for each character

additionally we've sorted out most of the kinks in the stage discussion, formally writing up ruleset at the moment
Ruleset? like for tournaments? The backroom is like the illuminati of the smash community.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
given that illuminati literally means 'the enlightened ones'...

and no, it's the ruleset for monopoly as played by smash fans >_>

it's a recommended ruleset, did you think that backroom members would stomp across countries forcing people to play by their rules or risk death?

Sensei

Smash Lord
The Illuminati kidnapped my family of cats and it just took me 3 minutes to write this sentence cuz i just sneezed like 5 times in a row. 5 page paper due tomorrow and starting from scratch now. YES!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
8 and 9 of January SSB 64/Melee/Brawl(Puaj) National tournament. On 64 we are going the best Players, Danny, Tambor, Templar, etc etc etc

Expect videos : B

dandan

Smash Lord
it's a recommended ruleset, did you think that backroom members would stomp across countries forcing people to play by their rules or risk death?
we won't?

Ballin, do you have msn or something, pm me, i can get you in contact with a few english players, including some of the best in europe, and they play on console as well ;)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It would be cool if someone came up with a gameshark code that allowed shield rolling in the air. Think about it, 64 Pikachu with air dodge.

Top Bottom