• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
TOMORROW CHILEAN NATIONAL TORUNAMENT

SSb 64 melee and brawl, all the chilean pro gonna be there, Alpha, Danny, Templar etc, Expect videos ;D

DMoogle

A$
Sweet just had my second perfect Link vs. Falcon game, and against a regular player. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, on Dreamland too. Which actually makes it a lot easier...

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Sweet just had my second perfect Link vs. Falcon game, and against a regular player. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, on Dreamland too. Which actually makes it a lot easier...
I know you're a great player but I assure you that anyone who gets beat without doing ANY damage is not a "regular" player.

DMoogle

A$
Come on, you guys can't say all regular players are good. And this guy wasn't awful, he took 2 stocks off my Pika with Falcon like two matches before the perfect game.

A lot of people underestimate Link on Dreamland, and end up playing recklessly.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i think we should all talk in first order logic so there will be no more ambiguity in our words and all confusion will cease to exist, weakening the psychic pokemon so that the fighting pokemon can make a comeback and rule the world whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

asianaussie

Smash Hero
psychic is an awful offensive and defensive typing in every generation bar the first

the foremost abuser of confusion is a fighting type

pokemon for life

The Star King

Smash Hero
the foremost abuser of confusion is a fighting type
I know you're talking about Machamp.

But maybe he meant "confusion" as in the move, not the status.

Too bad nobody uses that.

...Don't worry, HAMMERHEART. Generation 5 was extremely generous to fighting types.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
man ive been in a real trolly mood lately lol

on kaillerra im using gunz lingo like ezpz and ezasfk

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
i remember as a kid, playing pokemon stadium 1 on the n64, I loved psychic types because they kicked *** against everyone except fighting and normal.

Then they got ultra nerfed

asianaussie

Smash Hero
erm psychic was and is super effective against fighting, and neutral damage against normal

nerfing actual pokemon is rare, but buffing other things/introducing new concepts is essentially a nerf, i guess

doesn't help that both steel and dark poked psychic in the head

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's pretty clear Psychic was intentionally nerfed after Gen 1.

Both Steel and Dark were introduced, so that not only other Psychics resisted Psychic, more bug moves than lolpinmissle (mostly Megahorn), Ghost moves are super-effective against Psychic now and has Shadow Ball (no matter what any type match-up chart tells you, Ghost moves did not affect Psychic in Gen 1).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Hey man, Lick was super effective against psychic types :\

Not gonna argue that they wanted to weaken psychic types, but I would say a nerf is more like a deliberate elimination of something a Pokemon can do, and this hasn't really happened to a Pokemon, excepting between 2nd/3rd gen. Items and moves have been nerfed, and have indirectly nerfed Pokemon, but otherwise...

Introducing Latias into OU didn't nerf Infernape, it simply made Infernape a hell of a lot less viable than he was before.

Eliminating the Superpower move tutor stops Mamoswine running it alongside Thick Fat and Icicle Drop, but isn't really a nerf, as 4th gen Pokemon can be transferred into 5th gen.

Removing the elemental punch TMs from G/S to pre-Emerald nerfed Typhlosion and Ampharos among others.

Hence, they made the metagame unfriendly to psychic types, instead of nerfing them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Hey man, Lick was super effective against psychic types :\.
Nope, it didn't affect Psychic types lol

The rest of your post is cool I guess. I just thought of it as an indirect nerf, because I'm pretty sure it was intentional. Psychic types were pretty ****ing overpowered in 1st Gen.

I don't think they meant to make him weaker, but Rotom-A got trolled pretty hard by Gen 5.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It really wasn't? I had no clue lol...

RBY was a pretty silly generation all-up...Amnesia, Hyper Beam being viable and like 10 Pokemon to choose from...I didn't start liking Pokemon competitively until RSE...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It was stuck between realism (phys/spec split) and diversity...Dragon moves didn't exist, Steel attacks not called Meteor Mash were laughed at, all Gyarados/Salamence ran HP Flying and everybody hates Ninjask.

More fun than 4th gen imo, but that's probably because I was more into it.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
25 attending. Tomorrow we are gonna finish the Brackets :O

Semis Winner:

Danny SSB VS Tambor
Templar Vs Roche

4th Loosers:

Felipe_9595 Vs Dark Xex
Gin Vs SSB Kirox

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
HI ZEN YORE!

I think you may of gotten confused with the whole Dark Samus thing. Darth was referring to the Dark maroon Samus you've always known. So don't worry no new characters are involved.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Wow, I was not here five months ago, but given how much it has changed the short time I was here, a lot must of happened scene you where here. Well, welcome back, to the wonder full world of Super Smash Bros. 64.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
ohi zen.

bout time u came back.

ya we have a broom

the stage editor stuff happened like last week

dark samus idk its dumb and over with

Peek~

Smash Lord
They need to ban Samus in order to win

what weaklings

welcome back, moved to social

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I know no one is awake right now but this speed run livestream is pretty awesome at

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

right now they are doing a 4 way Ocarina of Time speed run race (lol they are all on the cutscene after drawing the master sword).

Afterwords its gonna be a Mario 64 120 star run and a bunch of other stuff - schedule is here:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/schedule/

also you can donate money to research cancer and stuff

Top Bottom