• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
It'd make it more like SSBM instead of SSB64, imo it's like too much dodge for the game.
It'd change the playability of the entire game, and about its mindgame... would be like a completely diferent game.

The Star King

Smash Hero
So. How's that super cool Back Room going guys? Made any game-changing decisions?
Also, any BROOM decisions made? Would we even hear about em'?
We've decided to solve world hunger and global warming, get the economy back on track, and ensure world peace. Wish us luck.

Ruleset? like for tournaments? The backroom is like the illuminati of the smash community.
They're two completely different things. Did the Illuminati ever lead a rebellion against the great King of Evil, defeat hordes of bloodthirsty zombies in glorious battle, restore light to the Land of Destiny, and save the universe from a fiery demise? I think not.

I'm in school and I'm bored.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Do anyone knows what happended to the Kanto SSB64 Tournament 2010's vids?
Did those got ever uploaded??
Or what???

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I had the first day of a class today and the syllabus says we have 3 writing assignments of 4-6 pages over the quarter. The funny thing is that 4-6 pages apparently isn't even considered an essay, it's just a "short writing assignment".

The real killer is research though. A research paper will take 2-3 times as long to do as a non research paper.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just realized something.
So #brawl64, 5PM EST, Sunday.

However, I forgot to mention the server, which would probably be just a little helpful. I'll have it when I get home tonight, I can't recall which one I was planning to use.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
whoever just pranked me

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK U NOW I CAN HAVE AN AVATAR THAT COMPLIMENTS MY NAME

TALK ABOUT BRIGHT YELLOW

Olikus

Smash Champion
Do anyone knows what happended to the Kanto SSB64 Tournament 2010's vids?
Did those got ever uploaded??
Or what???
The kanto thread should be here somewhere, try to search for it. They didnt get uploaded on youtube yet. But they put some of the matches on nicovideo, its explained in the thread how you make an account and watch the vids :)

malva00

Smash Master
if anyone uses a n64 controller, lift your left index finger up off the z button (when you're holding the controller normally) so it hits the bottom of the expansion pack thing. after a while you'll want to do it again...

once you do it... you can never undo it...

actually I think you can undo this one pretty easily

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so im not the only person who needs an expansion pak in my controller to play?

i put pokemon gold or zelda oracle of ages in if im playing pika/link respectively

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@Olikus Thanks!
so im not the only person who needs an expansion pak in my controller to play?

i put pokemon gold or zelda oracle of ages in if im playing pika/link respectively
Why is an expansion pak needed? at least for SSB64!!!??

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Did 64 use weight for throws? I seem to recall reading somewhere Melee didn't, so since I'm working on Brawl 64 I figured I should check.

Not that I'd even know how to go about fixing them if they don't, though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Did 64 use weight for throws? I seem to recall reading somewhere Melee didn't, so since I'm working on Brawl 64 I figured I should check.

Not that I'd even know how to go about fixing them if they don't, though.
I'm not sure about this, but I think 64 DOES use weight. From my tests, Fox died from a Puff F-throw at 201% from the Hyrule starting position, while Falcon died at 217%. However, Fox has equal maximum falling speed, and faster fall acceleration (source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100456). The only reason I can think of for Falcon dying later is that 64 uses weight for throws, and so Falcon dies later because he's heavier.

EDIT: A better comparison would have been Ness and Yoshi. They have both equal fall acceleration and maximum fall speed, and yet Ness dies at 171%, and Yoshi dies at 209%. I think it's pretty clear that weight is a factor.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I would have definitely assumed so but it should probably be tested.

Personally i always thought weight affected it O_o
Yes, I've never tested before, but what The Start King said, make much of a sense...
Also, we can figure that out by playing when a character dies at a certain % which other character doesn't.
So, I'd say that weight DO matters in SSB64.

malva00

Smash Master
after hiking with this shirt like 4 times, I didn't like it so I returned it and got my money back

REI is too good

EDIT: i was playing training mode, and i threw a firewall, then I spiked the training mode guy with down B into the firewall

DMoogle

A$
lol...

Man, I totally don't pay attention at all.

OK I think a firewall = 3 fireballs thrown in such a way so that they all hit the opponent at the same time.

Top Bottom