• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Dang... dude's getting up there in age. He's turning 49. Only one more year til the big 50.

WHY DOES HE STILL LOOK 30? WHAT ARE THIS MAN'S SECRETS?

Does he have possession of the fountain of youth or something?
He honestly looked older when he was younger. It shows he's aging in reverse.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's Kasumi from Dead or Alive we're talking about here, AKA the Kasumi no one wants.
its more like the kasumi no one knows

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda has subliminally convinced everyone that only one person in existence is named kasumi

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Heavily disagree with this statement. Number of entries isn't synonymous with it's position. DK constantly pulls in the millions (evident with all of it's releases this decade) and is Nintendo's most iconic characters. It's up there with the likes of AC, Splatoon, and what have you.
Yes, but Nintendo isn't currently utilizing the franchise the same way it does with the other franchises I listed. It's neither raking in the same massive numbers as Splatoon and AC, nor getting sequels and spin-offs at the same rapid rate as Kirby and FE. Because of that, the advertisements and merch involving DK are lower than they used to be.

All I'm trying to get at is that DK isn't getting the same level of attention as other properties this decade, and that's something Yoshi and Wario suffer from as well. Never denied that he wasn't popular and/or iconic.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so do we know what the song in the new P5R trailer is called yet

cuz boi does it s l a p

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, while Kasumi from P5 is a subject, she's not enough to convinve me to buy P5R honestly. Yeah, she's a new character, but if Marie has taught me one thing, being new isn't neccisarly a positive.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yes, but Nintendo isn't currently utilizing the franchise the same way it does with the other franchises I listed. It's neither raking in the same massive numbers as Splatoon and AC, nor getting sequels and spin-offs at the same rapid rate as Kirby and FE. Because of that, the advertisements and merch involving DK are lower than they used to be.

All I'm trying to get at is that DK isn't getting the same level of attention as other properties this decade, and that's something Yoshi and Wario suffer from as well. Never denied that he wasn't popular and/or iconic.
Interesting you mention Yoshi getting low amounts of merch when I just bought this:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, while Kasumi from P5 is a subject, she's not enough to convinve me to buy P5R honestly. Yeah, she's a new character, but if Marie has taught me one thing, being new isn't neccisarly a positive.
Honestly, I'd rather see them expand on the current characters more than devote their time to adding a new character.

Not that they aren't already doing that, but some of the existing characters need some work. It'd suck if Kasumi got more character development than Haru.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oi Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku . What happened to your waifu Corrin?
She's taking a breather for now.

Just wanted to shake things up and celebrate Three House's release with a Byleth avatar for a little bit.

That being said, her design's grown on me, and she's getting up there for me in terms of waifus, so she may become a recurring thing here.

Don't worry. Still plan to go full out on Corn, and will probably revert back to her with my next avatar. But don't be surprised if Byleth over here gets added into the mix as well.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

It's pretty much in every Nintendo promotional material. How is that not getting attention? Hell, there's an entire world planned for it in the Mario theme park opening in a year or two.

Either way, I strongly disagree with your metrics in gauging this.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

There are better examples than this guy tbh. The history of his popularity is mostly some around Melee, middling amounts for Brawl and 4, and then lots for about two months this time. People bring up that poll from 2012, but it was botted by 4chan - you won't find any other polls that place SK anywhere near there from that time period.

People tend to discount characters that were included prior to Ultimate and only focus on what's happened in the last year or so, but there are several characters that spent more than one game being highly popular requests. Wario, Diddy, Mega Man, Inkling, Dedede, to name a few. And those are just ones that got in.

I get what you're saying though.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that--that one was highly contingent (I was thinking of that poll, as it has been cited by many sources that I read, but didn't follow up on). But the purpose was to name other characters considered highly requested for a long time, characters who some have been named to be a part of a trifecta or fab 4, not necessarily that I agreed with it (taking my own biases/opinions out of it), and as you said, I could substitute any number of characters. The trinity, the fab 4, etc. has gone through so many names and characters, and any definitive statement as to who is on that list is highly subjective.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Oh my god i'm so dumb..... I just now realized that K. Rool's Maroon and White alts represent Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein respectively.

Also I had a chance to play Hero today, and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally done kamikaze....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Piccolo's DBFZ theme still slaps. Top 5 in that game with Gohan, Cooler, Goku and the boy Hit.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here's a debate topic that the internet can't answer: Are memes meant to be stolen and reshared? Or do you have to always credit the maker, or not steal them at all? Is watermarking good enough?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a debate topic that the internet can't answer: Are memes meant to be stolen and reshared? Or do you have to always credit the maker, or not steal them at all? Is watermarking good enough?
I think that at the very least you should share the source on webcomics that you modify.

Generally though I see memes as fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom