• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Power went out 4 hours ago for the whole area (including the closest cell tower so no reception) and they said they don’t think it will be fixed until tomorrow. Totally awesome.
Damn. Sorry to hear that man. Hope nothing too bad happens because of it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, We got a 17, T.Gohan and GT Goku team get a win. Would have been nice to see another Spain team get up there though.

GT Goku is pretty damn popular so far, kind of like Geese in T7 being pretty huge in the competitive scene. But I guess that's the case with every game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, We got a 17, T.Gohan and GT Goku team get a win. Would have been nice to see another Spain team get up there though.

GT Goku is pretty damn popular so far, kind of like Geese in T7 being pretty huge in the competitive scene. But I guess that's the case with every game.
I hope some pretty cool new fighting games come out by EVO. This years lineup was very... lackluster.

StormC

Smash Hero
Damn. Sorry to hear that man. Hope nothing too bad happens because of it.
I just bought a bunch of meat, so I’m hoping it somehow survives the night. I’m literally posting this from a shopping center, no service within 10-15 minutes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s been passed around on various gaming fun fact sites and videos. I’m pretty sure one of them had primary sources for it...
Plus if he wasn’t popular or they didn’t care, then they likely wouldn’t have had him as a cameo anyway even if they didn’t have to ask Square. Though I guess Alpha Dream does have some original SMRPG developers that still show interest in it, but they still would’ve had to ask Square.

Not to mention that’s not even needed to show he’s popular and Nintendo cares at least somewhat. I’m baffled people think Sakurai doesn’t care after what he said, and the mii costume’s fanfare when we take Nintendo back into account, as if he’d just lie and they’d do that for no reason.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Velvet does have her village outfit which is pretty conservative.
Yeah..but would they really go with an alternate costume as the default costume? It would seem..kinda odd to me. If Velvet Crowe was in, they'd probably just censor her base outfit.
I imagine that she'd end up looking something like this, which honestly still looks really good (sorry if its not the best edit, I wasn't trying too hard)..also, the filename ended up as an accidental pun when I named it 'VelCro'
(This is a gif to more easily show the differences..in case it doesn't load right for some people)
VelCro.gif

Sheesh. I’m sorry. Don’t know why you had to bite my head off.

I know that this is how Smash. I just feel like we really don’t know how things would be done. And every time it’s been thought that he would use an alternative design element “for the rating” he hasn’t.
Like I said, your sarcastic replies came off as really condenscending and for some reason actually got really under my skin, likely due to making it seem as if you were inadvertently calling me an idiot by sounding as though you believed what I said had no validity at all.

And I really don't recall anyone ever discussing an alternate design being used for the rating and, if it had, it probably did happen, like with Corrin's covered thighs or Bayonetta's exposed skin being covered or not revealing as much during Wicked Weaves.

StormC

Smash Hero
As for Velvet, I think her default design would fly if they adjusted the cleavage. Otherwise her design isn’t any more egregious than the alternate costumes for Zamus.

EDIT: aaand ninja’d, with a .GIF to boot.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It’s been passed around on various gaming fun fact sites and videos. I’m pretty sure one of them had primary sources for it...
It wouldn't be the first time some apocryphal info made the rounds. So if anyone has those sources we could know for sure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
ChrisG is about to play I think. He uses Tien and Teen Gohan as part of his team.

I just bought a bunch of meat, so I’m hoping it somehow survives the night. I’m literally posting this from a shopping center, no service within 10-15 minutes.
If you have a cooler and some ice, try using that to reduce the risk of it rotting. Although, if you catch it early enough, you can cook out the rot, unless you got an electric stove then I don't know how you'd cook it.

Shroob

Sup?
I think my biggest question is

"Why"

What makes Velvet a more logical choice than Lloyd, the person that Sakurai himself admitted would be the "Only choice" for a Tales Mii Costume in Smash 4, or Yuri, the most popular man in the series, to the point that he had to be removed from the popularity polls.

StormC

Smash Hero
If you have a cooler and some ice, try using that to reduce the risk of it rotting. Although, if you catch it early enough, you can cook out the rot, unless you got an electric stove then I don't know how you'd cook it.
The meat is in the freezer, so I’m hoping that’s enough. Worst case scenario I just cook it all tomorrow. I’ll keep that in mind though, thanks!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
As for Velvet, I think her default design would fly if they adjusted the cleavage. Otherwise her design isn’t any more egregious than the alternate costumes for Zamus.

EDIT: aaand ninja’d, with a .GIF to boot.
Sorry, I wouldn't have :ultgreninja:'d you had I finished the initial Edit faster..but yeah, just cover her cleavage, some holes in the shorts, and extend the ripped legs and Velvet would be perfectly acceptable for an E10 game. I can't imagine any shorts shorter than :ultzss:'s alts would be acceptable.

"Why"

What makes Velvet a more logical choice than Lloyd, the person that Sakurai himself admitted would be the "Only choice" for a Tales Mii Costume in Smash 4, or Yuri, the most popular man in the series, to the point that he had to be removed from the popularity polls.
Simple, if it was what Namco Bandai wanted to do and promote, they'd do that..like say Sakurai wanted a Tales character and asked for Lloyd or Yuri, but Namco said 'nah' and offered up Velvet (maybe to promote a port or something? I dunno). It would than be in Sakurai's court of either having a Tales Rep with Velvet or choosing another series/character entirely.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

"Why"

Some bird pic from some discord server that might not even be related to Smash.

At first, I thought she was popular because she was the first protagonist or something but nope. I have no idea why people gravitate to her specifically.

StormC

Smash Hero

"Why"

There isn’t really a reason besides potential plans Namco has for Velvet. It’s mostly wishful thinking, including myself. Berseria is the only Tales game I’ve played, but I would love to see Velvet in Smash and think she would offer a flavor all her own compared to the other RPG characters. It’s a shame.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Smells like conjecture to me.
It wouldn't be the first time some apocryphal info made the rounds. So if anyone has those sources we could know for sure.
I don’t know then, but my other points show my main point enough, and of course Nintendo gave the Geno costume some great fanfare and Sakurai clearly cares with what he said about it.

Alpha Dream, the M&L devs, also has interest in SMRPG, some of them having worked on it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sorry, I wouldn't have :ultgreninja:'d you had I finished the initial Edit faster..but yeah, just cover her cleavage, some holes in the shorts, and extend the ripped legs and Velvet would be perfectly acceptable for an E10 game. I can't imagine any shorts shorter than :ultzss:'s alts would be acceptable.

Simple, if it was what Namco Bandai wanted to do and promote, they'd do that..like say Sakurai wanted a Tales character and asked for Lloyd or Yuri, but Namco said 'nah' and offered up Velvet (maybe to promote a port or something? I dunno). It would than be in Sakurai's court of either having a Tales Rep with Velvet or choosing another series/character entirely.
That's implying that Sakurai would have no choice in the matter though.

Remember, he flat out admitted that if he were forced to use Pac Man's modern design, Pac Man wouldn't have even gotten into 4 at all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There isn’t really a reason besides potential plans Namco has for Velvet. It’s mostly wishful thinking, including myself. Berseria is the only Tales game I’ve played, but I would love to see Velvet in Smash and think she would offer a flavor all her own compared to the other RPG characters. It’s a shame.
What do you think it’s going to be like in a few months when we know every character? Do you think we’ll all feel good about it?

StormC

Smash Hero
What do you think it’s going to be like in a few months when we know every character? Do you think we’ll all feel good about it?
Depends on if the last reveal ends on a high note. I think with Banjo in a lot of the hardcore Smash speculator people are satisfied, but I won’t lie when I say I think there will be massive fallout when Geno isn’t in and fans feel like they got their hopes up for nothing. If the last character is like, Crash or Doom Slayer though, I think the mood will be pretty good.

I mean I’m already set and happy, but you know me, just give me a couple of old school Rareware characters and I’m set.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo B's Kid Buu turned it all around with the 1v3 comeback. Damn, two really close matches too. Yamcha got his revenge on Tien though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends on if the last reveal ends on a high note. I think with Banjo in a lot of the hardcore Smash speculator people are satisfied, but I won’t lie when I say I think there will be massive fallout when Geno isn’t in and fans feel like they got their hopes up for nothing. If the last character is like, Crash or Doom Slayer though, I think the mood will be pretty good.

I mean I’m already set and happy, but you know me, just give me a couple of old school Rareware characters and I’m set.
Because we’re totally not getting a second bonus Fighter after the pass concludes, or a second pass.

Yeah. You’re probably right. Honestly I feel like these next two slots have the most potential to amaze. The second Namco character has always been a puzzle i’ve never been able to solve, so I’m interested to finally have an answer. And then the last one is just a complete surprise. Even if I am pretty sure it’s Crash, there are plenty of amazing potential characters that could fill it.

My shadow Chell support is rising from the ashes and I’m starting to believe she has a real chance based on no actual evidence.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt Velvet Crowe is getting in over the likes of Lloyd or Yuri.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, DBFZ is done streaming for the day, now it's SC6 time I guess. Voldo made it to Grand Finals, which I wasn't expecting. The bracket reset too.

GhostM

Phantom

I felt happy for those who wanted Banjo in smash. I didn’t suggest him in my mind to be a smash character, but I respect those who campaigned long enough to receive their prize. Honestly I’m rooting for Ryu Hayabusa since he’s one of my favorite classic NES characters. Would be bummed out if he didn’t make the cut, but there is potential for surprise characters for the last 2 DLC slots. Will have to wait for the time being though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Someone dig through Did You Know Gaming’s catalogue. I’m pretty sure that was the one with direct quotes.
Well I watched the M&L video and searched the site, and found nothing. They even raise Geno in the video, so that would've been the time to mention it.

I'm going to treat it as conjecture for the time being.

I don’t know then, but my other points show my main point enough, and of course Nintendo gave the Geno costume some great fanfare and Sakurai clearly cares with what he said about it.
Well what it shows me is Nintendo has only shown interest in Geno at presumably Sakurai's behest. So that makes me think Sakurai cares about Geno, or at least the Geno fans. Some references (which assuredly aren't made from the higher-ups who actually create/greenlight projects) are nice, but a company demonstrates they care about a property when they invest capital into it.

And it's not like F-Zero or Advance Wars or something, where they may care but just be unconvinced the product with perform well enough. If you throw Geno in a Mario game, it's still a Mario game. It'll be fine.

And maybe there have been actions made behind the scenes to which we aren't privy that prove otherwise, but in absence of proof, it seems like the people who care about Geno are limited either to Sakurai or those who aren't in a position to call the shots.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I watched the M&L video and searched the site, and found nothing. They even raise Geno in the video, so that would've been the time to mention it.

I'm going to treat it as conjecture for the time being.

Well what it shows me is Nintendo has only shown interest in Geno at presumably Sakurai's behest. So that makes me think Sakurai cares about Geno, or at least the Geno fans. Some references (which assuredly aren't made from the higher-ups who actually create/greenlight projects) are nice, but a company demonstrates they care about a property when they invest capital into it.

And it's not like F-Zero or Advance Wars or something, where they may care but just be unconvinced the product with perform well enough. If you throw Geno in a Mario game, it's still a Mario game. It'll be fine.

And maybe there have been actions made behind the scenes to which we aren't privy that prove otherwise, but in absence of proof, it seems like the people who care about Geno are limited either to Sakurai or those who aren't in a position to call the shots.
Check the super Mario rpg video. It might be buried in there.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Well, as far as EVO hopes goes that isnt MVC4, I hope BlazBlue Croos Tag Battle brings in a series that will catch ky interest a little bit more than already present series that aren't Under Night or Persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom