• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. I have the entire God of War series, the entire halo series, MGS Peace Walker Rare Replay, Blinx the Time Sweeper, and Donkey Kong Country returns on my gaming backlog. Not to mention plenty of fighting games and action games that I would love to replay, AND a bunch of new ones coming out that I’m excited for. And yet a fan-revival of a decade old MMO made for children has captured all my attention and hype.

God I wish I had someone to talk about FusionFall with.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spain putting in work in DBFZ. Nice to see stuff for Android 18 with Shanks, on top of the stuff he does with Adult Gohan.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. I like that they call happy birthdays in DBFZ a Double Sunday. Shoutouts to Raditz.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kazunoko's Gohan is absolutely disgusting. Dude took a whole team out with Gohan on point.

At some point I gotta watch some combo tutorials with Adult Gohan and Vegeta, cause there's only so much I can do on my own.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
"Nakoruru is a popular character from the SNK company, originating from fighting game series Samurai Shodown"
Damn, that was tough.
Yeah, though lets admit..would they really choose Nakoruru over a much more popular character like Terry Bogard, who's more-or-less the face of King of Fighters..Nakoruru isn't even the main face of Samurai Shodown.
I've said before I can't imagine Velvet being chosen over Yuri or Lloyd... but I sure as hell wouldn't complain if they do.

I don't think Slime Hat or Erdrick Armor costumes are smoking guns though. Those are not very outrageous guesses.
I wouldn't either, I'm all for more women in Smash..I mean, we haven't had a single female character as a DLC Newcomer yet, unless you count Kazooie (but lets admit..she's like Luma..part of the character, but we all know who the 'main' is).

However, I don't know if Velvet Crowe will happen over Lloyd or Yuri simply due to her costume (like, seriously Nintendo/Sakurai..let Smash Bros. be Teen Rated for the love of God..having it be E10 when over half the series included are Teen and thus making them do pointless edits to so many characters to even get their artwork in the game..)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kazunoko's Gohan is absolutely disgusting. Dude took a whole team out with Gohan on point.

At some point I gotta watch some combo tutorials with Adult Gohan and Vegeta, cause there's only so much I can do on my own.
I take it the DragonBall FighterZ tournament is going on? I never really watch EVO. Maybe next year if the lineup of games is better.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, though lets admit..would they really choose Nakoruru over a much more popular character like Terry Bogard, who's more-or-less the face of King of Fighters..Nakoruru isn't even the main face of Samurai Shodown.

I wouldn't either, I'm all for more women in Smash..I mean, we haven't had a single female character as a DLC Newcomer yet, unless you count Kazooie (but lets admit..she's like Luma..part of the character, but we all know who the 'main' is).

However, I don't know if Velvet Crowe will happen over Lloyd or Yuri simply due to her costume (like, seriously Nintendo/Sakurai..let Smash Bros. be Teen Rated for the love of God..having it be E10 when over half the series included are Teen and thus making them do pointless edits to so many characters to even get their artwork in the game..)
I still think if we were to get a female Bandai Namco character, it’d probably be KOS-MOS.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
-Geno is namedropped in the HQ app during the VGAs in a Nintendo-sponsored quiz when answering one of the questions
-NoA asks people if they’re Team Mallow or Team Geno on SMRPG’s 22nd anniversary
-Superstar Saga remake was likely a budget title, which is why no cameo
-SMRPG has references in Smash
-The original Superstar Saga cameo was because Geno was so popular with fans that they didn’t expect it, so they added his cameo

-Majora’s Mask is highly popular
-People were furious when Skull Kid was only a boss in Hyrule Warriors/when he wasn’t part of the MM DLC and they were happy when he was added in the 3DS version
-Skull Kid figure, with the box artwork showing him holding the mask instead of wearing it if it’s not already clear that it’s not solely focused on the mask
-Skull Kid gets emotional scenes near the beginning and at the end of MM
-Skull Kid is an AT; not Majora on their own, Skull Kid with them

Yet people think they’re not that popular or Nintendo doesn’t actually care about these characters :drshrug:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay. I’ll give you a chance. Honestly I can’t even remember why I had you blocked in the first place.
well thats nice to know im not worth the memories

fusionfall was a nice crossover but the combat was way too simple looking back on it. you pretty much get damaged all the time and spam click, so i mostly just use melee weapons because the guns aren't really worth it. the nanos are the most appeal of the game but half the time im using numbuh 2 and fast feet just to get by the very big and honestly vast/empty overworld

D

Deleted member

After playing a lot of :ulthero: against both my friends and randoms I'm convinced that getting out of disadvantage with this character is not possible. It's like playing a heavy with none of the weight benefits.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well America and Spain are making some progress. Now Chou's gonna fight SonicFox so we'll see how that'll go down.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
well thats nice to know im not worth the memories

fusionfall was a nice crossover but the combat was way too simple looking back on it. you pretty much get damaged all the time and spam click, so i mostly just use melee weapons because the guns aren't really worth it. the nanos are the most appeal of the game but half the time im using numbuh 2 and fast feet just to get by the very big and honestly vast/empty overworld
I like to think of it as forgive and forget in its purest form.

Yeah. It’s far from perfect. Although I prefer the guns just because you can multi-target. The travel problem does become easier with th various warp systems. And there’s never been a time where I haven’t had enough money to use it frequently. I chalk it up to being designed for middle schoolers.

Honestly. Playing FusionFall Retro now, even though I’m aware of the flaws... it’s still super fun and addicting. I’m just constantly playing it and blasting through the game. It’s like eating potato chips. It’s ultimately not good for you, but it’s just so addictive and good in the short term that you eat the whole bag in an afternoon.

I’m really satisfied with FusionFall Retro and I’m super excited for everything else these fan-devs are cooking up. Be it future Retro expansions or their full on remake/reimagining (Fusionfall Legacy).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends on what design they go with, she’s had multiple design changes in her appearances that could work.

Something like her XC2 design could work.
View attachment 233397
Like how Joker was gonna have to use his fantasy gun from Granblue Fantasy?

I don’t know what would happen if Sakurai was considering her. But I don’t think it will be anything we think of.

Shroob

Sup?

And people say Fem!Byleth's design is 'sexualized' when **** like this exists.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like to think of it as forgive and forget in its purest form.

Yeah. It’s far from perfect. Although I prefer the guns just because you can multi-target. The travel problem does become easier with th various warp systems. And there’s never been a time where I haven’t had enough money to use it frequently. I chalk it up to being designed for middle schoolers.

Honestly. Playing FusionFall Retro now, even though I’m aware of the flaws... it’s still super fun and addicting. I’m just constantly playing it and blasting through the game. It’s like eating potato chips. It’s ultimately not good for you, but it’s just so addictive and good in the short term that you eat the whole bag in an afternoon.

I’m really satisfied with FusionFall Retro and I’m super excited for everything else these fan-devs are cooking up. Be it future Retro expansions or their full on remake/reimagining (Fusionfall Legacy).
i found it was addicting but i like to 100% as many side quests as i can. missions where you have to go to a certain point and farm a certain amount of RARE enemies in a certain time period where you have to not only walk over there but do it while other people are trying to do the same thing is ultiamtely annoying. similar things are in maplestory but at least in maplestory you can change up to 98 different channels so that you aren't the only one doing it in that room at a time. it's just really annoying and monotonous.

i do like the appeal of the fusions though and wish there was more lore behind it, the story is a big plus in the games favor. especially the ed edd n eddy / KND weapon stuff that is just kids making actual weapons out of junk material. it's ****ing cool

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai's birthday?

Well happy birthday Sakurai. Thank you for giving us the Ultimate game Smash fans and myself have been wanting over the years going out of your way to make all our dreams possible with:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter:

If I could I'd definitely send you a birthday letter.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I don’t know what would happen if Sakurai was considering her. But I don’t think it will be anything we think of.
The poor kid would probably be asked about if X is in the roster so much he might get sick of the series.

GhostM

Phantom
Huh. Sakurai is one year younger than my parents. He’s old enough to be my dad.

What do you think it would be like to be Sakurai’s kid?
You’d be able to obtain all the Smash DLC characters for free, and be able to play online for life, well maybe. It would also teach you how to work and strive as hard as Sakurai, but not too hard. I would be concerned about his health as well, especially since he was hospitalized during the creation of Melee. Don’t forget to wish him a happy birthday as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i found it was addicting but i like to 100% as many side quests as i can. missions where you have to go to a certain point and farm a certain amount of RARE enemies in a certain time period where you have to not only walk over there but do it while other people are trying to do the same thing is ultiamtely annoying. similar things are in maplestory but at least in maplestory you can change up to 98 different channels so that you aren't the only one doing it in that room at a time. it's just really annoying and monotonous.

i do like the appeal of the fusions though and wish there was more lore behind it, the story is a big plus in the games favor. especially the ed edd n eddy / KND weapon stuff that is just kids making actual weapons out of junk material. it's ****ing cool
I remember that problem. I’m trying to run through Retro 100% now and thankfully the much smaller player pool has made these missions much easier. But during the official run of the game it was horrible. Especially in high-population areas.

Again. It’s like potato chips. It’s shallow and empty and not good for you. But it’s super fun and super addicting.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Right. I mean. That’s the same reason Bayonetta’s still not in. Not to mention thee guns. That’s the reason haven’t done Snake or Joker either.
Bayonetta was censored to have the holes in her outfit covered so that they no longer shown skin, just like female Corrin was censored to cover her thighs, Tharja's Trophy was removed from 3DS due to her design and had her Speech Portrait used instead of her official art to cover her costume (and even then it was cropped to not show her thighs), Mythra had her artwork censored to put her in tights/leggings and cover her cleavage, Camilla's artwork was changed to cover her cleavage with her hair, and many more changes that I don't have time to look up from the series at large.

Don't be sarcastic with me when history shows that Nintendo/Sakurai WILL censor designs that don't fit within an E10 Rating, what I was said was correct, if Velvet Crowe or KOS-MOS was to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, at its current rating, their designs would need to be altered in order to fit the age rating.
As for guns, this was a concern that Sakurai had mentioned before, if I recall, and was the reason Snake used explosives instead of any of his guns. Joker was the outlier in this, meaning that they possibly changed the Japanese CERO ratings to allow realistic guns to be used. E10, however, has always allowed guns, as shown by one of the first games to use that rating, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Must you reply in such a sarcastic, condescending tone? Normally something like that wouldn't bother me, but for some reason the way you did so just got really under my skin.
Her design would have to be changed, its just how Smash has always worked in regards to its Female Characters when they have 'revealing' costumes.
Depends on what design they go with, she’s had multiple design changes in her appearances that could work.

Something like her XC2 design could work.
View attachment 233397
Her designs could work, yes, but they'd need to be censored akin to Corrin and Bayonetta. Even the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costume would due to her tiny skirt, exposed hips & thighs, and perhaps her form fitting cleavage (dunno on that one..). I suspect they'd go the Corrin route and just put her in white nylons/leggings so that she was no longer 'exposed'.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Neat, a team with Hit and a team with Android 17 are up. Glad to see some Teen Gohans too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I meant in terms of outfit than her weaponry
I know. But it feels like a similar thing.
If that was the case, I'd throw a tantrum until Yoshi finally got in CGI trailers...

At my current age too :yoshi:
Constantly cornered over my father’s health
The poor kid would probably be asked about if X is in the roster so much he might get sick of the series.
You’d be able to obtain all the Smash DLC characters for free, and be able to play online for life, well maybe. It would also teach you how to work and strive as hard as Sakurai, but not too hard. I would be concerned about his health as well, especially since he was hospitalized during the creation of Melee. Don’t forget to wish him a happy birthday as well.
Yeah. It would definitely be a rollercoaster.
DID SOMEONE CALL
I.... I don’t understand.
Bayonetta was censored to have the holes in her outfit covered so that they no longer shown skin, just like female Corrin was censored to cover her thighs, Tharja's Trophy was removed from 3DS due to her design and had her Speech Portrait used instead of her official art to cover her costume (and even then it was cropped to now show her thighs), Mythra had her artwork censored to put her in tights/leggings and cover her cleavage, Camilla's artwork was changed to cover her cleavage with her hair, and many more changes that I don't have time to look up from the series at large.

Don't be sarcastic with me when history shows that Nintendo/Sakurai WILL censor designs that don't fit within an E10 Rating, what I was said was correct, if Velvet Crowe or KOS-MOS was to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, at its current rating, their designs would need to be altered in order to fit the age rating.
As for guns, this was a concern that Sakurai had mentioned before, if I recall, and was the reason Snake used explosives instead of any of his guns. Joker was the outlier in this, meaning that they possibly changed the Japanese CERO ratings to allow realistic guns to be used. E10, however, has always allowed guns, as shown by one of the first games to use that rating, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Must you reply in such a sarcastic, condescending tone?
Her design would have to be changed, its just how Smash has always worked in regards to its Female Characters when they have 'revealing' costumes.

Her designs could work, yes, but they'd need to be censored akin to Corrin and Bayonetta. Even the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costume would due to her tiny skirt, exposed hips & thighs, and perhaps her form fitting cleavage (dunno on that one..). I suspect they'd go the Corrin route and just put her in white nylons/leggings so that she was no longer 'exposed'.
Sheesh. I’m sorry. Don’t know why you had to bite my head off.

I know that this is how Smash. I just feel like we really don’t know how things would be done. And every time it’s been thought that he would use an alternative design element “for the rating” he hasn’t.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Power went out 4 hours ago for the whole area (including the closest cell tower so no reception) and they said they don’t think it will be fixed until tomorrow. Totally awesome.

Velvet does have her village outfit which is pretty conservative.
She’s not going to be in Smash wearing that though.

Shroob

Sup?
Velvet does have her village outfit which is pretty conservative.
I mean sure but that'd be akin to making Mario's builder overalls his default look.

That... whatever the hell she found herself in after getting into a fight with a bear, is her 'iconic' look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom