• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i have a bad ****ing omen with the blue pirate goku skin

i always lose when i fight one, i dont know why

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Geno could very well work as one of those bonus characters.

:ultpiranha:was an starting bonus character separate from the Season Pass who was limited time free. Geno finishes it off as an last bonus character too separate from the Season Pass but rather fully free.

No one could argue with that right?

StormC

Smash Hero

:ultpiranha:was an starting bonus character separate from the Season Pass who was limited time free. Geno finishes it off as an last bonus character too separate from the Season Pass but rather fully free.

That’s assuming we get a bonus character and Nintendo and Square can settle on a reasonable price.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

That'd be great, but why would Nintendo offer another free character? What do they have to gain from that which would be worth more than charging?

Besides the fact that I don't think Square would agree to offer a free character, I think they prefer DLC partly because it's easier to negotiate a backend cut of the profit. That part is just a guess though.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Just looked up Bartz..... I don’t know how to feel about that design.
Which one? As an Amano character, he actually has a LOT of alternate designs..granted, not as many as Terra..though I suspect that he, had he ever been chosen, would have had these two as his costumes, with alts based on different designs or party members, since the first is based on his character artwork while the second is based on his in-game appearance. He'd definitely have a white haired alt colour like the 3rd Pic though, since its not only a reference to another design, but sports the white hair Bartz has in all of his Amano artworks (brown hair comes from his in-game appearance).
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/File:BartzDissidiaRender.PNG
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/File:Bartz-ThirdOutfit.png
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/File:Bartz_alt.png
All Costumes are shown in his Galleries here..
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bartz_Klauser

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That'd be great, but why would Nintendo offer another free character? What do they have to gain from that which would be worth more than charging?
Only thing I could really think is something special for fans given how many people wants Geno. Sure nowhere compared to:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley:but I'd still imagine his fan demand is still somewhat noticeable given Sakurai wanted him in Brawl (Though that may had changed now for all I know).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which one? As an Amano character, he actually has a LOT of alternate designs..granted, not as many as Terra..though I suspect that he, had he ever been chosen, would have had these two as his costumes, with alts based on different designs or party members, since the first is based on his character artwork while the second is based on his in-game appearance. He'd definitely have a white haired alt colour like the 3rd Pic though, since its not only a reference to another design, but sports the white hair Bartz has in all of his Amano artworks (brown hair comes from his in-game appearance).
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/File:BartzDissidiaRender.PNG
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/File:Bartz-ThirdOutfit.png
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/File:Bartz_alt.png
All Costumes are shown in his Galleries here..
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bartz_Klauser
Bartz has more designs than Terra by virtue of the job system being present in FFV.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i mean piranha plant was only free for a month

StormC

Smash Hero
Like I know I seem like a no fun guy harping on Geno, it’s just my honest opinion, the costume was never going to be the smoking gun either way for me, some characters just have way too much going against them and the deck couldn’t be more stacked against Geno, which is why of course if he got in it would be a huge deal...but I think even fan demand has limitations unfortunately.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Then again if Nintendo and Square were to do such a deal with Geno then perhaps free for while but then much be bought. That or must be bought from the start.

Regardless though this was just an hypothetical possibility. I doubt it'll happen anyways. Perhaps it is possible we could end up getting an last bonus character but he/she would probably be 1st party if anything.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Only thing I could really think is something special for fans given how many people wants Geno. Sure nowhere compared to:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley:but I'd still imagine his fan demand is still somewhat noticeable given Sakurai wanted him in Brawl (Though that may had changed now for all I know).
The concept of a "reward" is very nice, but companies aren't that altruistic unless it's very minor. That's too much money left on the table.

i mean piranha plant was only free for a month
Exactly, and it was tied to something. It doesn't make sense to release a free character at the end, at that point a good handful of people have already bought everything. It'd be a very poorly timed incentive. Which is the only reason for free characters anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From a moveset/mechanical standpoint I think Bartz the Buttzman himself would be a fun Final Fantasy character. Since his gimmick is class switching. Though if there was another FF character(that isn't another FF7 character), I would guess that Terra would be picked.

So say we do get a final bonus character that is 1st party? Who'd be the most likely you'd think it would be?
Sylux BAY BEEEEEEE!

Because Spring Man and Isaac are in Assist Trophy status right now.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Yo....guys.....here's how Nintendo and Square would gain from Geno's inclusion in Smash :

Mario and Luigi RPG, but it's Legend of the Seven Stars remastered for the Switch O_O

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Bartz has more designs than Terra by virtue of the job system being present in FFV.
This is true, though Terra & Faris win for most Amano designs since they are his favorites.
So say we do get a final bonus character that is 1st party? Who'd be the most likely you'd think it would be?
It would be either Edelgard or Byleth, I think, considering its been known for a while that a new Fire Emblem was coming and it could have been a 'Keep a Spot Open' situation like Sakurai does for Pokémon.
Either way, while it'd be another Fire Emblem character, both would offer something unique, from Edelgard bringing Axes into Smash Bros to Byleth using a chain-sword like Ivy from Soul Calibur, both would be interesting and fun.
If it’s her timeskip design I will allow it.
I imagine that if Edelgard appeared in Smash, she'd have both her Student and Empress designs, though if I had to bet, she'd likely have her Student design as the default since its what you see when you start the game, on the box, and its the design her figma figure will have (though I hope they end up doing a figma figure of her Empress design as well).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my fingers start to hurt a lot after playing smash for about 30 min

is my gamer energy low or smth cause ouch

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is your Doctor a certified e-sports pro and can juggling top rank in both Fortnite and League of Legends at the same time?
well his name is dr. *****

sounds very professional

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
my doctor said soaking them in mtn dew for 20 minutes would have the same effect
In more extreme cases you might have to inject Red Bull directly into your blood stream. Legends say only the Dewrito Pope himself can inject Mountain Dew though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
haha but no seriously i wonder why my fingers keep doing this

havent even started a professional career and my hands already causing my demise

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If we do, honestly thinking ... Waluigi.

It'd be funny because he'd break the 'assists can't be upgraded via DLC' rule and shake up speculation but it wouldn't really matter as the DLC would be over by then so we'd be getting no more fighters anyways until Smash 6, which is a loooong time away

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

While I do think Geno makes sense as the final character of the Fighter's Pass--the last couple of fighter's may be more niche/demanded by fans than the first half due to the model, and Geno is one of the highly demanded character from fans--even as a bonus character, there's no way he would be free. I disagree with the notion others have said that Square would give a hard time with Geno*--unlike Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, it's not part of a huge or continuing franchise for them where they would be overprotective--but at the same time, Square wouldn't give Geno away for free. Piranha Plant was a first party character, probably intended for the base, which is how it was free.

I think the issue wouldn't be Square, but Nintendo/Sakurai--do they think Geno is big enough to warrant being a fully fledged paid character. Personally, I have no relation to the character--but I also acknowledge how highly demanded among Smash fans he is. But I don't expect a bonus character, unless it's Waluigi, and certainly don't expect a free third party character.

*Since Geno's Mii costume is missing, this could go either way. If Geno is a character, then I'm correct. If not, and no Mii costume, then Square must have really given them a hard time even with Geno, because I can't see Sakurai axing the costume on his own accord.

D

Deleted member

Cobra Commander is the physical embodiment of videogame rage-quitting:

Also worth to note that having my friends come home later today when Sakurai celebrates his birthday is an amazing coincidence.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Cobra Commander is the physical embodiment of videogame rage-quitting:
I haven't watched GI Joe, so hearing some of these lines out-of-context is hilarious.

"A CRAB?! THEY LOST TO A CRAB?!"

I feel like his voice actor must have had a really sore throat after all of that screaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom