• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
I think the rankings Are way off when it hits 20 to 25.Mango should move higher than that cause Mango been beating alot of people. Mr.Pbody what happened there I do better than Mr.Pbody Singles,and teams the only person that he has beaten that was good was Mango but i did that too and that shouldnt get you ranked. I beaten Pbody twice in tourney.Also havent seen him do good in tourneys. and you can not count silent spectre and bob money that was like in 1966. and when he played silent spectre again at champ combo oscar got pretty muched *****.LOL
Blitz does really good in teams and he beats people so belongs in that spot
Azn Cheffi,Garys cool but he doesnt go to tournys he should attend more i know he could beat people.

nublet06

Smash Lord
well didnt pbody beat arash and mango?

you think mango should be higher and arash is 5th. so thats 2 pretty good people to beat right before a new list is made. might only be one tournament but pbody was rnaked before so he was barely off the list.

and mango only had one major tournament. similar to gary the last time the list was made....and similar to me at best of 06 so its not enough to get you ranked. most of the smaller tournaments attend dont have much weight because its usually the same friends playing eachother in the finals. lol.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Well for mango nothing against him but hes only bein here for so long. sure hes beaten alot of good people but alot of the other ranked players have bein in socal for so long it just wouldnt make since to move him a bunch of spots. I think the panelists have already gone over that.

I think the list is pretty accurate even tho DC is leaving soon. An i heard trevyns coming bac so i dunnnooooo.

LuCKy

Smash Master
chaos there is nothing you can do about the ranking's pbody isnt gonna get kicked because you say he shouldnt be there even though he shouldnt be.all you can do is just keep playing and well do your best before the next ranking's so that you are on next time :)

well didnt pbody beat arash and mango?
as for him beating like the two best jiggly's in socal didnt he lose to like the worst @ the next tourney.now i have no idea how good jtb is but people have said that he isnt very good and pbody lost to him and i thought the ranking's were done by who you beat and how consistint you are pbody beat two good jiggly's the week before a new power ranking list while doing horrible the hole month and still made the list?... choas makes a good point but there isnt anything i can do so im just gonna keep playing in hope's of getting better :) and no offense pbody i just said what was on my mind sorry :)

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
I wanna see this Lucky vs JTB match. Bragging rights. Is it even gonna happen? Lucky loses, then I guess he's worse than JTB since JTB is already pretty bad apparently.

Or maaaaaaaaybe Oscar lost cuz JTB > Mango/Arash =O

Crazy, lol.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The reason Mango isn't higher is because he has no history. You can't move up that fast without history. If he continues at his level for the next couple of months you can expect to see him a lot higher. ROFL got moved up to 17 because he has beaten the same type of people Mango has, but he started doing it going back to last December essentially.

Just look at DC. I knew he was crazy before, so did alot but he was only at 18. He continued his performance and suddenly he's wayy higher. That's how power rankings should be. New comers cannot just hop up like that, otherwise there will be no weight or consistency to these rankings.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i have no idea how good jtb is but people have said that he isnt very good
Who says I'm not good? I might not be top 25 material, but in no way am I a bad player.

Besides, that a ***** move. Check my tourney results for 2007. And notice my placings.

as for him beating like the two best jiggly's in socal didnt he lose to like the worst @ the next tourney.
You are so ****ing ignorant and stupid. Please, stop making yourself look like an *******, and stop being cocky.

And the next time you call someone out, don't decide to go to another tourney. Makes yourself look like a pretty bad player.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
wow **** u *****es that wasnt gay lolz it was an inside joke why dont u gett off my nutz lolz u ****** should pay rent fabian and oscar cuz ur on my **** so much hey oscar remember when u were like "PLAY ME IN TOURNAMENT"and then u got 3-0ed LOL get that **** out ***** and fabian socals worst dont speak in here ***** LOL ****in burn

just because u beat some1 doesnt mean u should take there spot and they shouldnt be on there jus cuz i beat mike y doesnt mean i should take his spot that logic is dumb but thats wat n1ck3 thinks i guess. it goes by history i think i should higher and so should mango and dc but all u can do is keep placing good and wait and ull move up.

nublet06

Smash Lord
JTB has a lot of falco training. proved to be a little too much for pbody. and the set was close too.

pbody has history and a little bit of seniority over the new guys.

if people pull want to pull ***** move and say "oh well didnt you lose to so and so" they should make sure they havent slipped up themselves. like lucky losing to mcrusty :p

that way of thinking gets nowehere. rankings take time and oscar has some history.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
JTB has a lot of falco training. proved to be a little too much for pbody. and the set was close too.

pbody has history and a little bit of seniority over the new guys.

if people pull want to pull ***** move and say "oh well didnt you lose to so and so" they should make sure they havent slipped up themselves. like lucky losing to mcrusty :p

that way of thinking gets nowehere. rankings take time and oscar has some history.
Noobie Falco training for the win apparently. :)

Rofl = too good. I can always count on his posts to make me smile

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
thats wat i was saying last night lucky consistency is key 2 u beat ppl but then u lost to mcrusty thats kinda wackms and everything edrees and rofl said was right thats wat it goes by and it just takes time.your not gonna be better or worse from the rankings just keep thuggin it lolz

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Check my tourney results for 2007. And notice my placings.
Who you beat > placings.

I think the panel does the history pretty well for the new comers, though ROFL should still be higher, but really overrates history for players that used to have been that high, but have been slipping hard recently.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
hahahhaha wow... ***** n00bs arguin over SPOTS??

here..... you could have my spot, im sure that once you have a higher number next to your name youll do real good.

and oscar is good but VERY inconsistent, which is why i think hes still on but on the lower part.

AznChefii

Smash Journeyman
Alhambra, CA Anyone in the 626s wanna challenge me
I think the rankings Are way off when it hits 20 to 25.Mango should move higher than that cause Mango been beating alot of people. Mr.Pbody what happened there I do better than Mr.Pbody Singles,and teams the only person that he has beaten that was good was Mango but i did that too and that shouldnt get you ranked. I beaten Pbody twice in tourney.Also havent seen him do good in tourneys. and you can not count silent spectre and bob money that was like in 1966. and when he played silent spectre again at champ combo oscar got pretty muched *****.LOL
Blitz does really good in teams and he beats people so belongs in that spot
Azn Cheffi,Garys cool but he doesnt go to tournys he should attend more i know he could beat people.

hahaha danny its true but oscar has a history in socal, but danny why did u quit the crew? ur new nickname shouldn't be shaq anymore, more like benedict danimals :laugh:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Lol, I'm not arguing over spots. I'm just pissed that Lucky calls me a ***** for no reason :\

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah, you gotta use the IMG tags, not the <a href one :p

LuCKy

Smash Master
Who says I'm not good? I might not be top 25 material, but in no way am I a bad player.

Besides, that a ***** move. Check my tourney results for 2007. And notice my placings.

You are so ****ing ignorant and stupid. Please, stop making yourself look like an *******, and stop being cocky.

And the next time you call someone out, don't decide to go to another tourney. Makes yourself look like a pretty bad player.
lol thats why i said i have no idea how good you you must have some skill to beat pbody lol i didnt mean anything

LuCKy

Smash Master
i know i lost to mcrusty thats may be the reason im not on or i just havnt been wround long enough thats why im nt on the list and i know this already

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Romeo your right about the spots any ways ill **** you still on gears of war and whats your name on there again

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
damm man david is gettin so good and hes leaving wat a bltch-move.

and ***** danny your shaquille o neil for quitin SSK.
but i smash with Mango and Lucky everyday any ways dc is leaving and gary doesnt go anywhere LOL and pbody ... Well rom wonder who you guys are goin to recruit next theres two open spots????? :cool:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
why are people fighting over spots on the 25? it's not like it's going to make you a better player because you're ranked a number.

i say we get rid of the list. :]

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
the list is chill, whats wrong with it? Now everyone wants to get better and prove themselves.

anyway, i like the list and where its going. mango's gonna move way up and luckys gonna get on it next time for sure.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
why are people fighting over spots on the 25? it's not like it's going to make you a better player because you're ranked a number.

mike everything u say is so gay getting rid of the list is so stupid the list made me wanna get better and now im not it a working formula? thats how it goes lolz stop being so emo mike and keep it g ^_~

LOL ur so gay hugo but yea thanks edrees for changin my city cuz i definatly dont liv in los angeless lolz i got no one to play in my city =(

edit 3 lol its EzYnJAY if ur gonna put it like that hugo lolz way to grime me or if u wanna just put JAY thats cool ^_^

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley

That's ******** mike, come on.

People need to understand that no one is REALLY fighting over the list, they are just asking questions and saying a few things here and there that would be said on any other tournament thread anyways.

Stop blaming the list. Keep it easy.

Speaking of easy...

Edrees, my joke is done. When I told you that Joe aka eznjay asked me to make his name "Easy and Jay" to avoid confusion, I was lying. Why? Because he said this to me:

"Tell them to put me down as Jay, not eznjay, cuz I don't want my name to be too long"

Mistake #1: Letting Hugo know what you DON'T want.

LuCKy

Smash Master
LOLZZ @ Hugo!!

Ya McRusty gets less credit than he deserves..
lol just what i was thinking mad respect McRusty your too good keep it up man and why does everyone wonder how he beats people instead of thinking he is getting better??

Arash

Smash Lord
lol i remember talking to edrees when the list was up too

me "easy and jay wtf is that?"

edrees "i'm just going by what i was told, jay said he wanted it like that"

me "really?"

edrees "i guess"

and there you have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom