• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
i've played against a lot of socal, especially the people that have been around since when i started and still play
i like playing against new people
and now that i've seen you play a little (4 stocking jkunt on the livestream) i wanna play you even more because you seem pretty good
how sweet :bee:

I'm just glad I'm not 6th Sense. The guy who shows up to one tournament every 4 months. LOL

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@Kira - you quoted my post but u didnt read it LOL

@ macd - If I can get ranked with my tournament performance so far then the list is too big. I have one win against little england and not much else haha.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yea fiction just posted himself off the rankings

wait nvm he lost to dunskies wouldn't have mattered anyway LOL

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
wtf someone teach me voltorb flip lol toph?? :D
**** well it's a lot easier in person lol but

LONG VERSION:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/960099/59308 <-this guide is **** lol, how to become a CHAMP at voltorb flip and win all the ****ing dratinis

SHORT VERSION:

first off flip all the panels in rows that have 0 voltorbs cuz if you flip 5 panels safely you usually won't go down in levels, even if u hit a voltorb

then, to start off, look for 2's and 3's where they are most probable to be - if there's a panel that is found in the intersection of like, 8/1 (adds up to 8 with 1 voltorb) and 7/1 or something then most likely it's a 2 or 3

THEN

the main thing you are doing is looking for DEAD ROWS, where a row is "dead" if you have no reason to look for 2's/3's in that row. like say a row says that it adds up to 4, with 1 voltorb. then obviously it's 4 1's and a voltorb, right? so there's no reason to look in that row anymore.

or if you find a 2 in a row that has 5/1 (adds up to 5, with 1 voltorb). well that row is obviously one 2, three 1's and a voltorb, so since you found the 2 that row is now DEAD and you shouldn't bother with it anymore

lucky bring your DS to the pc chris CGC :D

edit: wtf i typed out a lot

Kira-

Smash Champion
guilty until proven innocent

we definitely didnt put macd on the rankings in hopes that he would do better
he earned it the hard way

also, my bad fiction

HugS™

Smash Lord
God **** our top 10 is stacked. I'm prepared to say it's the best top 10 in the US

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Because I have inconsistent tech-skill, I choke really hard in tourney. AKA don't deserve to be ranked anyway as of yet haha.

sad friction :(

SuperRad

Smash Master
God **** our top 10 is stacked. I'm prepared to say it's the best top 10 in the US
i don't even think thats that bold of a statement. if you figure tristate or south are your biggest competition, and afaik neither have significant depth. maybe tristate with m2k, but i dont think they get to ride his legacy anymore. plus, the south (florida->nc) is like including norcal in socal's top 10. still think socal has got this **** on lock either way.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Florida:

1. HBox
2. DSW
3. Colbol
4. Lambchops
5. QueenDVS
6. RockCrock
7. Uuaa
8. Rice
9. Raistlin
10. UberIce / DarkSonic / KSN / whatever

I'm taking Florida personally, especially if I forgot anyone

Kira-

Smash Champion
holy crap florida is stacked lol

i think we'd lose cause when do we ever fight marth/puff/ganon really

Adam M!

Smash Lord
why? dunskies is good.

i don't think there is a new macd. there is only macd. well, maybe his "discipline," sherigami. (cuz he **** sure aint my discipline)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i think sherigami would consider it an honor to be considered macd's discipline, hence the quotes

Top Bottom