• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

supbro

Smash Cadet
poor brendan, plan 9, steven. so much talent. lovage u should be ashamed of yourself. joe you should be ashamed of yourself. tools of the future you could be molding.

oskie why are you making me use your government name

look at 909. fly amanita. need i say more?

u know who used to **** fly amanita? fabian.

LOL.

yeah *****, smash is a sick game. very unique among fighters. u should build with *****s who love it. not circle-jerk about how you love it, but a little bit differently.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I went to AI at like 3 am last night and saw futile ****** people in sf4

DanteFox

Smash Champion
poor brendan, plan 9, steven. so much talent. lovage u should be ashamed of yourself. joe you should be ashamed of yourself. tools of the future you could be molding.

LOL.

yeah *****, smash is a sick game. very unique among fighters. u should build with *****s who love it. not circle-jerk about how you love it, but a little bit differently.
Hi P.

_________-

LuCKy

Smash Master
batman arkham asylum is a pretty good game
its really satisfying
you get to think "i'm the goddamn batman" at it feels awesome
exactly how my falcon feels :]

nah but really that game is ****ing amazinggggg .. . i really want the collectors edition for ps3 :/ one day i guess lol

joey, miguel what are you doing this weekend.

lets kick it and play ssf4 and some smash or something
im pretty upset i didnt see this lol next time text me or aim me lol id be so down for some street fighter any weekend

joeplicate

Smash Master

LOL.

if you want an honest response... :p

brendan seems like he's always got other stuff going on, derek doesn't seem to like melee that much and is involved in other fighting games, and steven always got super frustrated/upset whenever he lost, which kept him from sticking with melee like me and oscar did. basically, it just seemed (to me) like they didn't really enjoy the game, or didn't want to commit for various reasons.

also, i barely go back to 805 anymore, it's just my mom that lives there since we sold our old house, and i don't want to spend a lot of time at my mom's since i want to get a place for the summer in santa cruz

as for "why i still suck"

i guess it's because my motivation has largely come out of a sense of self-loathing for not being "good yet," instead of a love for the game or whatever else. i was always looking for the next big thing or next piece of smash knowledge, which led to me switching the way i hold the controller/which buttons to press for which actions multiple times. this led to a technical barrier that was really frustrating, and which made me doubt myself even more.

all the while, there's been what seemed like a dichotomy between smash and other "nerdy" things and school, friends, and "real life" things in my life. more doubt, i guess.

i don't wanna say that "now i am a man so i got this because all i need to do is believe in my own ****," because that would be hella contrived. what i have gained, i feel like, is a better understanding of myself, and i get more pleasure out of being weird, and being myself, and being happy being weird being myself.

LOL

that's why i was trolling your account earlier, since i thought you were just some noob calling me out, and if i thought i'd take it then i might as well dish it a little too. especially when it was for something as low-stakes as smashboards. i don't care much about my reputation anymore--even though part of this disregard comes from a belief that it will make me "cool" somehow--so **** it.

i still don't know entirely where i stand with smash, how much time i want to devote on it, and how much i want to improve, but right now i'm pretty motivated and i won't really question it. my tech skill's getting better, i notice new things to work on each time i play, etc.

what i do know is that i like being me, a lot more than i had in the past, and that that will take me places. :)

just being honest lol

if you were curious, then there it is (for whoever else cares, too haha)

i hope you come to a tournament or something soon so we can hang out (can't really drive to meet you at dunk's house or something since i'm not in socal anymore)

<3

supbro

Smash Cadet
"i guess it's because my motivation has largely come out of a sense of self-loathing for not being "good yet," instead of a love for the game or whatever else."

well said my man

i will see you soon. but not before i am ready.

i have many things to practice before i can attend a tournament.

a smashfest? now there's an idea!

Kira-

Smash Champion
joe that was another one of your **** posts

keep it up lol

sup adam
let's smash sometime if you're ever in the area

I went to AI at like 3 am last night and saw futile ****** people in sf4
gj futile

MacD

Banned via Administration
god damn

i went to that thread about combos/techniques named after players, thinking it would be kinda cool, started out ok

but by the time i got to this post, i felt the same way
holy ****

**** this thread hahahaa
then i remembered i was reading a general melee discussion thread

Top Bottom