• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah i shoulda rephrased, top level ryu is boring as d1cks

and probably the other ones with good projectiles, they dont ever have to approach it seems.
but i am a nub

ZoSo

Smash Champion
The thing about Ryu is he's very limited but the options he does have are really strong. He's kinda like Marth in that way (imo, at least). It's like he has only the bare minimum of tools he needs to win and nothing else, but that's what makes him interesting, imo. I like seeing what top players can do with fundamentals alone.

I think it's more like projectile characters CAN'T approach cuz if they do, they'll get the **** from characters like Zangief, Abel, et cetera, who only need that one knockdown to win. To me, those "immovable object vs. unstoppable force"-type matchups are the most interesting, but at the same time, I can see why people would find them (and the game in general) boring.

You should give Arcade Edition a shot if you get a chance. Fireballs have been weakened considerably by all accounts.

Jun.

Smash Lord
thinking that street fighter is just throwing fireballs is exactly why Smash players aren't taken seriously... ever.

Go to Arcade Infinity and throw fireballs all day and tell me what happens.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
uhh, i wasn't saying that junk, i was saying exactly what i saw when i opened that justin.tv, a ryu hardcore hadouken spamming, in high level play.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Man, imagine if Ryu could link his overhead into his sweep in SF4. **** would be busted.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
this seems the best place to discuss this, i'm sure a majority of you guys are getting MVC3. Is there a good fansite for this yet? Maybe with 'supposed' tier lists, might be too early, dunno.

who do you guys plan on playing initially? For me i think it's gonna be Akuma, Spidey, and Wesker.

I can't really tell too much on who's the fastest couple of characters, does anyone know?

bbb

Smash Champion
MVC3 tier list

really damn good:
dante
trish
deadpool

no one knows tier:
everyone

bad tier:
thor

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
what do they generally consider really good and not? combo potential, speed? maybe combos that aren't intentional that end up ******?

bbb

Smash Champion
maybe combos that aren't intentional that end up ******?
thats called abare

and yea thats a pretty big deal in MVC

but it's mainly because they have a **** load of options, they can zone fairly well and they can do hella damage, they also have good supers and range and what not

and thors bad because he is a grappler in a vs game

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
isn't that what zangief/abel were/are? i know SF is completely different though.

last question, is how good certain characters are like the top ones you listed that way on accident? i just don't see why they'd make certain characters noticeably better like that. do they not understand the results of what will happen? or is that just the way **** goes

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
^ i would imagine a combination of both. some stuff they expect us to discover, and others they miss completely. its hard to completely keep track of everything when you have a giant team of programmers making the game

DJMirror

Smash Master
You forgot that Thor's annoying taunt is long

but not long/Funny/Epic as Dan's Taunt tho!

*check out CVS2 Dan's Super Taunt*

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well the reason grapplers aren't good in a vs game is because they can be punished easily by an assist and getting a throw is hard

jason i have cvs2. let's play

Top Bottom