• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey all, Deep Norcal is trying to start making videos, and unfortunately my Dazzle DVC 170 recorder is incompatible with 64-bit Windows which I have on my PC and laptop, so I am looking to trade my capture card, Dazzle DVC 170, for another Dazzle recorder of model DVC 100, 101, 103, or 107 (preferably 103/107). It is in near perfect condition. Don't forget, if you're interested, make sure you have XP, 32-bit Vista, or have a version of Windows 7 with the Virtual PC feature.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Hey all, Deep Norcal is trying to start making videos, and unfortunately my Dazzle DVC 170 recorder is incompatible with 64-bit Windows which I have on my PC and laptop, so I am looking to trade my capture card, Dazzle DVC 170, for another Dazzle recorder of model DVC 100, 101, 103, or 107 (preferably 103/107). It is in near perfect condition. Don't forget, if you're interested, make sure you have XP, 32-bit Vista, or have a version of Windows 7 with the Virtual PC feature.
wait, i'm not trying to trade but rather figure something out, my dazzle DVC90 is incompatible with 64-bit systems, my laptop is running windows 7 with 64 bit, but you say use the VPC feature, does that mean my 64bit w7 laptop can run the dazzle?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yes you can, you need XP mode and VPC (I don't know the exact details of how to get it working though). I only have the "Home Premium" version of Win7 so it would cost me $200 to get VPC =/

Another caveat though, is that how well it works will depend on your version of Pinnacle Studio/Quickstart/whatever. According to Pinnacle's website, the 64-bit driver has only been tested with 12.1 and above. I personally have 10.8 so I'll have to research if it works first before I actually make a trade.

On a side note, can any CS people explain to me why it would be so hard to make a 64-bit patch for this hardware?

pockyD

Smash Legend
On a side note, can any CS people explain to me why it would be so hard to make a 64-bit patch for this hardware?
it wouldn't be a patch, it'd be a separate version of the software (a patch, if it's even possible, would make it stop working on 32bit)

the reason it would be "hard" is because it's probably not worth their while to produce new drivers; if they release new drivers compatible with the new systems, you're less likely to buy the new hardware that has such drivers already available

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Alfredo,
I think Professional and Enterprise versions have both for free also.

Pocky,
OK, but "patches" exist for both 32- and 64-bit Windows for some of the other hardware/software, and within the same class of products. What about it makes it necessary to rewrite the program entirely? And I didn't mean "why would it be so hard" in the sense of why wouldn't it be worth it for the company or not, just what are the difficulties involved in making it? Of course, I'm also less likely to buy a second product from a company that doesn't support their software.

Brian,
It's the hardware itself that doesn't work with 64-bit. No drivers exist to support it. The only options I have are to find new hardware or upgrade Windows, and I'm a little skeptical of cracks for a $200 program developed by Microsoft.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
oh

You could run VMware w/ XP 32-bit I would think
VMware also has an XP mode-like feature (Unity) or something

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
VMWare is also more than just buying a new device. I've been looking around for free virtualization software, and I think some exist, so I'll have to see if I have my XP disk from my old system around and test it out.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
VMware Player is free though

Sun (now Oracle) Virtualbox is another virtual machine program, but i don't think it has that xp mode/unity thing

embracethe12

Smash Lord
3 nipples or 1 bright orange testicle?

always breathing really hard loudly or whistling out your nose every time you breathe?

tattoo on your face or permanently painted black fingernails?

joeplicate

Smash Master
steven i thought you stole my majora's mask son

but i had it the whole time!

also do you want that ****ty old TV up in the loft

embracethe12

Smash Lord
chick with a ****

or

dude with a boob

the answer is always the same
chick with a ****

1 boob is awkward
and 2 boobs wouldn't make you feel any better about yourself. can't be below C cup is implied.

and okay, i'll take your tv if it's just a problem.
donate it to dunskies

Kira-

Smash Champion
probably an inside joke but just wondering why do you say that? I figured it was cause the ban or something but i thought ic's always banned brinstar D:
Lol... everybody bans FD against ICs if you didn't know. It's their best stage.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've gotten used to it. I miss being able to take everybody to Corneria instead, but I'll live.

Pat, I only recall playing you on FD in doubles.

PS: I would CP Pokefloats against other ICs if that stage were still legal.

Top Bottom