• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

SuperRad

Smash Master
i dont know if they ****ed up
but taking tebow before clausen made me laugh
also, replacing brandon marshall with someone who everyone describes as very similar to brandon marshall just seems silly

the draft is a crapshoot anyways. for all we know tebow could be the next great qb and demaryius thomas could be the next marvin harrison

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
i dont know if they ****ed up
but taking tebow before clausen made me laugh
also, replacing brandon marshall with someone who everyone describes as very similar to brandon marshall just seems silly

the draft is a crapshoot anyways. for all we know tebow could be the next great qb and demaryius thomas could be the next marvin harrison
Wait, wtf, the Draft was tonight?!

Wow, I can't believe the Broncos took Tebow!
What pick they did they take him at?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
brandon marshall was bad, an overpaid receiver with an awful catch %

i barely paid attention to football this past yr but i doubt that changed

and we saw how overrated cutler was

i like what josh mcdaniels, NE REPRESENT, is doing so far

pockyD

Smash Legend
brandon marshall is a ******

i think claussen and tebow both blow; they'd be just as well off going with orton again

thomas is nothing like harrison

and who cares; it's da raiduhhz turn to shine

p.s. tebow and cutler look eerily alike (facially)

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
brandon marshall was bad, an overpaid receiver with an awful catch %

i barely paid attention to football this past yr but i doubt that changed

and we saw how overrated cutler was

i like what josh mcdaniels, NE REPRESENT, is doing so far
brandon marshall had a pretty beast year in 2009.im no bronco fan,but i know a couple of em,and they all hate McDaniels.even his team all kinda dislike him (probably why the broncos fell off after starting 6-0).cutler sucked from the start.as far as them drafting tebow..i think they ****ed up haha.they traded 3 picks (which couldve been filled with quality players) for ...tim tebow.. who isnt as good as clausen or c. mccoy imo

Adam M!

Smash Lord
it's always so hard for me to have sports conversations

i literally just do not know how to have them with 'normal' people without coming off as a douche

which is odd because normally i don't MIND coming off as a douche

whatever, i'm a sports douche. read footballoutsiders *****!

Lovage

Smash Hero
i fixed my controller!!!!!!!!

two or three months ago my controller started acting up. the wire near the base of the controller was already exposed, so it got chewed up over time and would randomly stop working. to fix it i would have use electrical tape to set the wire in certain spots (it would work if the wire was held down and to the left.) but the more i used it, the more it started to break down and work less and less.

at NSH it performed fine in almost all of my matches (one pools match and my match against zoap it stopped working once or twice for a split second) but then at the SD tourny it broke down early in the day during teams and wasn't working for most of the tournament.

at first tai told me that i could salvage my controller box (the white or metal box under your stick that accounts for all your sensitivity and drift) by swapping it into a new controller. but cactuar messaged me and told me that removing the box from your original board almost always fuks up your controller. once you switch it off its native board, the box will respond way differently and the drift will be different.

so the only other option was for me to solder a new wire onto my controller. my screwdriver came in the mail today and i bought a soldering iron for 15 bucks. me and my brother took apart two controllers (my good one and a junk one) and detached the wires from both of them by melting away the solder on the board. we then took the working wire from the junk controller and attached it to the back of my good controller's board and soldered it in.

we did kinda a sloppy job and the new soldered wire was different than the way it's supposed to look. it's supposed to be soldered at 6 obviously defined points, when we did it it was kinda one soldered bar with bumps. so i reassembled my controller (it looks tight btw cuz it's a silver controller with a black wire where you plug it in) and tried it with my gamecube.

when i plugged the controller into the cube it straight shut off :(:(:(:( i tried turning it on while the controller was already in, and the disk would spin for a second and then turn off.

so we reopened the controller and undid the soldering we had done, and then re soldered the wire in, this time very deliberately copying the way it's supposed to be, with 6 raised contacts on the front of the board. i tried it again in my cube and it works as good as new!!!!!

moral of the story: if you have a good controller, take care of it, and if it breaks, you can always do something to fix it

Adam M!

Smash Lord
LOL @ big block of texts from lovage

we can see how much his controller means to him

will his future girlfriend ever get to say she has been where his controller has?

Kira-

Smash Champion
i've seen this like 6 times already lol

i like how the transitions go from the bottom of the water (japes), up the waterfall, then up to the corneria ship, then up to the yoshi's story clouds. it's like it fits

also you actually did some original stuff, that was pretty cool to watch, like the lasers on FoD and I had no idea you could do that silentwolf reverse waveshine stuff too

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i think there should be a tournament dedicated to miguel

everyone knows his montages
he is everywhere
he made an entertaining tech skill video
he has been in the community a long time
he *****

Jun.

Smash Lord
I don't see how atlus could lose that contest. Everything about that video is just.... so entertaining AND impressive. Good music too. so sick.

SuperRad

Smash Master
dunk could i stay at your place for a week if i decide to take the $9 flights down to socal?

would anyone be able to drive me from long beach airport to dunks and the other way in the middle of the week? i'd pay for gas.

edit: days would be 5/11 or 5/12 to 5/18 or 5/19

Top Bottom