• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

RichBrown

Smash Master
There are some good rivalries going around now. This game is gradually starting to get more fun/intense/make me wanna kick a trashcan across the venue.

When did Junk lose to Natch lmao

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i don't want to be ranked anymore, but i don't want to be seeded with alex/fiction/larry early..

decisions.

can i have a ghost spot or a spot on the secret PR?

HugS™

Smash Lord
It should remain top 15. I understand that there is a lack of consistency below the top 10, but it's the panel's duty to rank all players appropriately, especially where there has been an undeniable increase in the region's skill.

If anything it should be made to top 20, not decreased to top 10.

I'm not suggesting you make a top 20, I'm just saying the former is more reasonable than the latter. It was originally increased to top 15 because the skill of the community was increasing right? Why change that?

If it was deemed necessary to rank only those that were consistent, then the panel wouldn't be needed. Results would be enough.

But instead we have a panel system. And one of the many purposes of the panel is to add a human element into the ranking process that takes into account factors that "tournament results" do not, including player skill in spite of inconsistency.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
What hugo was really saying was. "Please keep it a top 15 so i can MAYBE have a chance to be on the pr" lols

Oh and you should've went with mike to the smashfest today!! i brought biscuts from my work. :bee:

LeePuff

Smash Rookie
Why do i have the biggest feeling im gonna stay #4 on this list -_- I really don't wanna be numba 4! That spot suxx

LeePuff

Smash Rookie
oh and mike watchu talkin about texas?? ur not moving there like foreva are you??!?!

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL Tyrant, if I needed to change the panel rules to make a list, then I wouldn't deserve to be on the list.

I would know this better than anyone.

**** those biscuits do sound good right now.

RichBrown

Smash Master
It should remain top 15. I understand that there is a lack of consistency below the top 10, but it's the panel's duty to rank all players appropriately, especially where there has been an undeniable increase in the region's skill.

If anything it should be made to top 20, not decreased to top 10.

I'm not suggesting you make a top 20, I'm just saying the former is more reasonable than the latter. It was originally increased to top 15 because the skill of the community was increasing right? Why change that?

If it was deemed necessary to rank only those that were consistent, then the panel wouldn't be needed. Results would be enough.

But instead we have a panel system. And one of the many purposes of the panel is to add a human element into the ranking process that takes into account factors that "tournament results" do not, including player skill in spite of inconsistency.
Hugo speaks the truth.

Charoo

Smash Champion
7 out of 10 players uses metaknight
4 players stay the same
4 players moved down
3 marths
3 palmdale players
3 are from 818
2 players from the San Diego area
2 from Los Angeles area
2 players moved up

the lowest character by tier list is Wario. For secondary it would be Ice Climbers. Both use by Fiction.

Tyrant move up 7 spots from the previous list. Biggest jump for this list and 2nd in history (DEHF moving from nothing to 2nd).
Ajax, ShadowRob, Bardull, Champ, Hall, and MogX are off the list. Hurry and come back soon!
Havok is the newest member in the rankings. Congratulations!

Honorable mention goes to JonT.

If you have any question then please pm, im, or leave a message in this thread and one of the panelist will try to response to your answer.

if you didn't notice, the list is top 10 now. There's a valid reason for it, and it will be posted. It's just I gotta go somewhere right now

Again, congratulation to every1 on the list.

A Word of advice:
if you're on the list: keep it up
if you're not on the list: step it up
every1 else: u got this

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Even Fiction sometimes uses Mk. And Boa used to use MK frequently, dunno how often he brings it out anymore. Guess only Leepuff holding it down!

RichBrown

Smash Master
Hope the new bottom 5 stays consistent, it'd be a shame if the panel had to cut down the list even further because they weren't capable of deciding the new bottom 5.

Congrats Havok, and JonT, you are by far the best player not on this list.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
5/10 of the PR'ers are Metaknight...

Lol...

SIDE NOTE: GOOD **** HAVOK! SD has still got this. :p I'll make it on next time, just you see!

Top Bottom