• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

killer tofu

Smash Lord
and i had all these wild fantasies of going to your house for maylay tournies and sleeping over in your lil shed out in the back

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
shed in the back reminds me of pbody's house back when the Japanese brawl just came out.

David:
"Oscar dawwg you ****in suck."
"I'm the best brawl best player best brawl in the world dawg."
"Naw did you see Larry yesterday Kid Icarus is broken."
"Yo Oscar brawl's making me tired I gotta take a dump"

AWSM!

Smash Cadet
i played Danimals once at an ELAC tourny...I took a life from him =P lol

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to ask you not to spam this thread. There are some threads around that you can keep some spam and have fun, like tournament threads, but this one should really be for talking about the power rankings and related discussion. It'll help paenlists sift through when updating as well to consider some of the more well reasoned/thought out postings here in the future.

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
Although this IS the SoCal Powerranking, I think that players that are consistent, but DO travel either OOS or to NorCal say, should still be considered. I think that it's dumb for players to go out of SoCal and do really well, just to return to find people being credited for wins that would have been completely different if the normal crowd was present. Just sayin...it shouldn't hurt player's ranking to "miss" SoCal tourneys when there is a Regional tournament happening on the same day.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
First Page said:
Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
No worries about the OOS, we do take it into consideration.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I assume majority of you play at FFA in granada or denjin in simi?
just looking to join in on some casuals and meet local players.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I just moved in the area goin to CSUN. came over from FL.

If anyone has any times/dates that ppl usually chill over there or other places for brawl/GGXX AC

Sorry to post in this thread but it was easiest way to find ppl in the area being power rankings and all heh.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
yeah I was in the #1 crew for brawl in FL as well as ngnt4 when that was big (mainly in FL, midwest, TX some parts of Cali) I played melee but not competitively so wouldn't really be a 'name' per say but I could hang with good players when I played (been a while) and south FL is one of the best places for GGXXAC since main competition were some of the best players in the country including flash metroid (arguably best GG player in nation)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
dang, do you know of any good Ky Kiske players? I played GG with Psycho ****** one weekend and he pwned me lol

Race

Smash Lord
Woah you use the term "Casuals". .. ur automaticly cool in my book. -SF high five-

Smash ppl like to call it "Friendlies" . .. even though i'm not their friend!!!!!

I was never really into GG, But i'll play BlazeBlue when It comes out, and try toget competitive on that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I would go play at FFA for GG practice, but its sooooooooo ****ing far away T_T

And Connor ***** :D

Atlus8

Smash Master
I just moved in the area goin to CSUN. came over from FL.

If anyone has any times/dates that ppl usually chill over there or other places for brawl/GGXX AC

Sorry to post in this thread but it was easiest way to find ppl in the area being power rankings and all heh.
If u go to CSUN, does that mean you live in the valley?

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
i live in northridge right on the edge of campus not in dorms.

'friendlies' is a horrible term and I have never used it. I am not new to smash scene. Played since 64 etc and it has always been Casuals , because as you pointed out, you aren't necessarily FRIENDS lol

I can teach the basics of the cast in GG if you want overall GG information. I don't play Ky but I know enough to help out.

JTB , where do you play at? what is a closer spot towards u

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Woah you use the term "Casuals". .. ur automaticly cool in my book. -SF high five-

Smash ppl like to call it "Friendlies" . .. even though i'm not their friend!!!!!

I was never really into GG, But i'll play BlazeBlue when It comes out, and try toget competitive on that.
I'm not your casual either, so I guess you can't call them casuals either by the same reasoning :p

Top Bottom