• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
New panelist i agree.

Keep edrees though.

Oh and edrees I finish Gurren Lagann just right now.

BEST ANIME EVER. ^_^

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
woh woh, I've just been busy this summer that's all, I'll definitely get around to Brawling a bit more as soon as I get sometime off from work and what nots. Sorry for the hold up everyone, the list is pretty much finished and should be up later tonight... if only Edrees would be on AIM more often....

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
I don't think Pat/Azn_Lep plays Brawl during the Summer, maybe I can be a temporary Brawl panelist while he's out? :]

But only if we make an actual list this time, unlike at the end of Melee when it was only Edrees and I who were trying to update the list ;) :-P :)

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Who beats Marth in Brawl?
You should definitely be a panelist lol. That would be awesome.

And for you question about Marth: MK has an advantage but it's not too significant. DDD also has a bit of an advantage since he can chainthrow Marth (if done correctly), has a grab range as big as Marth's sword (lol) and can gimp Marth. But it's not THAT big of a deal, I think.

Marth is a good character, it's just surprising how there aren't many around.

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
Conversation between me and DC

DC- Foo dawg im better foo im on the rankings dawg im numba 3

ME- I beat you 3-0 last tourney we played

DC- foo so what dawg whos Ranked?

ME-........

DC- Thats right dawg im ranked foo

ME- david youve been losing to randoms all the time

DC- Foo you swear i try dawg

ME- you shouldnt be ranked top 5

DC- FOO you Stupid Dawg

LMAO thats how a conversation is between me and dc
david is hilarious Foo im ranked dawg im better

Charoo

Smash Champion
Personally I think Peach has the advantage on Marth but everyone thinks I'm crazy for it so I'm not getting into that anymore, sorry Rick =P
edrees counters marth. Not peach haha. Him vs dark fire was pretty **** (no offense to dark fire). Edrees was doing his melee tricks haha

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
edrees beat bardull.

Edrees the marth training the night before helped. lol

Im heading for best marth in socal
LMAO

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
I like playing dedede's

Luckys is annoying though ****s lazy as hell, it lays everywhere when it gets the chance

Is the PR going up tonight?
guarentee some spots will be dissappointing
:(

Samus-T

Smash Lord
futile told me that the update was tonight. i really have no idea whose on the list now other than top 5 lol

Samus-T

Smash Lord
haha ya i was talking to him on aim. i dont think he has a smashboards account

correct me if im wrong though

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Updates up, go ahead and discuss. As always somethings are going to disappoint people, if you have any gripes about it attend tournaments and change it. =)

EDIT: oh and to address any immediate complaints about Mr. X, yes he's amazing, but out of the 10 or so tournaments he only competed in one.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Everything looks good actually but can you say which tournaments counted the most and the winner of each tourney. I'll give my opinion afterwards.

Futile should not have been dropped to #2. What's the logic behind that? Please elaborate.

Also, Edge should have dropped much lower due to his absence from tourneys (including Nexus). Edge practically died out. If D.C dropped as much as he did, Edge should have dropped down much lower than just one spot. Nothing personal against Edge, just looking at it from a logical point of view.

Just what I think.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
No Mr.X or Edrees >_____<

Other than that it looks pretty nice
LoL I don't deserve to be on this list at all, I didn't do crap during the update period. Now the future is a different story ^_^

The reason DC dropped so much was losing to unranked people who haven't been beating other ranked players. Edge's only unranked loss was Mango I believe. Edge did go to one or two tournament at the beginning of the update period and did well.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken, Edge hasn't made an appearance in the majority of the tourneys listed and he didn't even place in Nexus, the second major. I just think he should have dropped more than just one spot and made way for other smashers.

But most importantly, what is the reason for Futile being dropped a spot. If anything, he was consistent throughout the update period, always placing top 3 if not 1st. So more importantly, elaborate on why he was dropped.

Thanks ^^

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Gratz to Plan 9.

Also to Koryuu: Its probly because of Nexus more than anyhting. DSF beat Futile in the biggest tourney, thus DSF passed him on the rankings. /shrug.

Top Bottom