• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
LOL! Pass the doobie on the left hand side Gimpy =P
I dunno if anyone is gonna be there...Id go early for friendlies...But i dun wanna tire myself out before my game...So i dunno...If i show up ill be in full soccer gear so...Dunno...

nublet06

Smash Lord
I just miss the old days of Smash when people played in tournaments and gave it their best, used their favorite character, and had a good time. These days with tier lists and power rankings, all people ever do now is use Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, and Peach. And now everyone wants to be ranked so everyone has to bring up who they beat over and over again. All people ever care about now is winning.

Why can't we all have fun when we play Smash?? Why does it always have to be serious?? Why is winning more important than making friends these days??

Look at the way crews are these days. It used to be a group of friends who play together and compete together as friends. Nowadays it's not even friends in crews, it's just people recruiting good players and saying, "Your on our team now."
does it ever occur to you that playing fox, falco, sheik, marth, and peach is actually fun?

oh and by the way....your crew theory sucks as well.

Palmdale.....all friends....from the same school....and same city...and we all hang out outside of smash.

superfriends - they have the word friends in their name. plus whenever i hang out with them they are all having a great time. heck they are even my friends.

8-bit- all friends.

deep socal - all friends. and they recruited champ. how is that recruiting a good player (LMFAO GET ***** CHAMP)

round table - have you ever seen their myspaces? they might as well be making out in their pictures. definantly all friends.

and i cant count how many times i have seen you on the boards talking about who you beat......or talking about changing the power rankings...or talking about tier lists. (ie low tier tournament)

you seem to be the only one not having fun....and worrying about all these usless things.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
chet stfu, before i, well, i dont know yet.

lets all get along, kids.

Story time...

The first time i went to Chets house, i was looking for the address number, and i parked at a spot across the street from his house, my uncle was in the car so i was talkign to him for a few minutes parked in the car, a few minutes into the conersation, somebody comes out of the house im parked in front of, and starts asking me if i need something, soon enough, 5-6 people came out and mad dogged my uncle and i.

emeirican and rofl eventually rescued me from being jumped....

Palmdale are just nice people, with big egos.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I just miss the old days of Smash when people played in tournaments and gave it their best, used their favorite character, and had a good time. These days with tier lists and power rankings, all people ever do now is use Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, and Peach. And now everyone wants to be ranked so everyone has to bring up who they beat over and over again. All people ever care about now is winning.
Well the rest of us do try our best usually, and some of us do use our favorite characters BUT seeing as most of the characters in this game suck fuking as$, its the good ones who are fun to use and therefore more popular. And i dont know about you but for me the thing i love about this game, or at least what i use to love since this **** is FINALLY getting boring now, was the competition and beating as$.

Why can't we all have fun when we play Smash?? Why does it always have to be serious?? Why is winning more important than making friends these days???
Its fun to compete thats the point of TOURNAMENTS...maybe just throw a bunch of smash fests with your bestest of friends to ensure that there will be ABSOLUTELY NO COMPETITION and therefore you can have fun, maybe turn some items on and play a few 10-minute KO fests on hyrule temple!!

God I mean some people do take it a little too serious but thats how it goes in anything that is competitive.

Look at the way crews are these days. It used to be a group of friends who play together and compete together as friends. Nowadays it's not even friends in crews, it's just people recruiting good players and saying, "Your on our team now."?
Name ONE crew that is made up of strangers AND that are all good, Just one.

With this new age of Smash, even I'm getting caught up in it and acting like a jerk at times too.
The only one ive EVER heard of complaining about ANY of this bull**** is you.

Maybe you take it too serious????????

IDK but the rest of the smash community, whether theyre in a crew or not or ranked or not or any other bull**** you talk about seem to have a ****load of fun when theyre together. Some people get upset after losing but i mean, you feel bad when you lose, people usually dont like losing. But usally after a few minutes theyll be fine...usually that is lol danny and alex got a little too carried away but those were the only times i seen actual conflict.

So hey, maybe if you stop worryin about changing the way the rankings are made AND getting ranked you could have fun too!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Why am I wasting my time with this?

Just for the record ROFL, in the past you've always disagreed with me on just about everything. Even in the post talking about how to run tournaments, you've said that my ideas were completely wrong and yours were right. Well, before I started this thread, this store was failing miserably at hosting tournaments. I took it upon myself to make this new thread posting about it the way that I thought was more appropriate and now look. Not only are we breaking the record on attendance (36 people last week) we are now getting the participation of big names: Mango, DC, Pbody, Lucky, Luigi, even Gimpyfish.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*makes a big long post*

am i cool yet?

EDIT: see ya'll soon! tourney is today hah

uhhhhh and by that i mean the chapman tourney... which is the thread that i meant to post that in.

my bad lol

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
see i met this girl when she was 3 years old n waht i loved most she had so much soul she said excuse me little homie i know u dont know me butr i wen my neame is wendy n i like to blow trees LOL if u dont kow by now im talking about right now

Charoo

Smash Champion
does it ever occur to you that playing fox, falco, sheik, marth, and peach is actually fun?

oh and by the way....your crew theory sucks as well.

Palmdale.....all friends....from the same school....and same city...and we all hang out outside of smash.

superfriends - they have the word friends in their name. plus whenever i hang out with them they are all having a great time. heck they are even my friends.

8-bit- all friends.

deep socal - all friends. and they recruited champ. how is that recruiting a good player (LMFAO GET ***** CHAMP)

round table - have you ever seen their myspaces? they might as well be making out in their pictures. definantly all friends.

and i cant count how many times i have seen you on the boards talking about who you beat......or talking about changing the power rankings...or talking about tier lists. (ie low tier tournament)

you seem to be the only one not having fun....and worrying about all these usless things.
Hahahahaha that was such a fake statement it's evil First of all, I know Azeem, Edrees, Trevyn, and Mike Y as long as the deepsocal started. They were one of my closer smash friends which is why they wanted to recruit me. Alan was also recruited cause he was a cool perosn and not because he was good. Well that was my thoguht about deepsocal anyway. You did have one thing right though haha

"and they recruited champ. how is that recruiting a good player (LMFAO GET ***** CHAMP)"

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Ya know what? You're right. It doesn't concern me. I just feel bad because everyone keeps bringing up their win against Gimpy over and over and over again. But he probably doesn't need me to defend him. I'm probably making things worse. I'm so sorry for my involvement.

Why can't we all have fun when we play Smash?? Why does it always have to be serious?? Why is winning more important than making friends these days??

Look at the way crews are these days. It used to be a group of friends who play together and compete together as friends. Nowadays it's not even friends in crews, it's just people recruiting good players and saying, "Your on our team now."

With this new age of Smash, even I'm getting caught up in it and acting like a jerk at times too.

Well, let's just have fun tomorrow. Anyone cool with that?
Winning is fun. You seriously need to stop acting like yours or anyone else's attitude of smash is more morally acceptable than others. It's a game. If people want to be as cheap and gay as possible and use the most broken moves and techniques, that's just as acceptable as people using garbage low-tier characters just because they want to. I can't speak for anyone else but I always have a ton of fun when playing smash regardless of the skill level I'm playing against, and in the absolute no one takes it seriously. But obviously semi-serious conversations are going to crop up in the context of the game. That doesn't necessarily mean someome is now taking smash seriously in absolute terms.

Smash boards is simply an outlet to alleviate boredom. And most things that happen on it should be taken in such a context. ROFL's right:

Thomas reminds me of that scene from Clerks, where Randal is in the video store and that woman is asking if he's seen some random video.

Indecisive Video Customer: These are the same two movies! You weren't paying any attention!
Randal Graves: No, I wasn't.
Indecisive Video Customer: I don't think your manager would appreciate...
Randal Graves: I don't appreciate your ruse, ma'am.
Indecisive Video Customer: I beg your pardon?
Randal Graves: Your ruse. Your cunning attempt to trick me.
Indecisive Video Customer: I was only pointing out that you weren't paying any attention to what I was saying!
Randal Graves: And I hope it feels good.
Indecisive Video Customer: You hope WHAT feels good?
Randal Graves: I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Hope it feels good to be right, Thomas.

Re: the actual "tournament," or lack thereof:

I don't think it gets any lower than charging for friendlies. I used to try to make it a priority to always go to S&C first because you guys seemed dedicated to consistently holding good tournaments, but that's just lame. And I'm not talking about strictly about today; I understand that it would be unreasonable for us (it was just Fabian, Thomas and I today) to play there for hours and such, but more tact and less greed would be nice, especially when you conside how dedicated every smasher is to going to tournaments out of their area.) As a result whenever it's a toss-up between going to S&C or any other smash tournament, almost regardless (or irregardless for Jonathan) of size, I'll be picking the other tournament, going to S&C just as a last resort.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Shhhh everybody hide your posts...
Lets all get along...-so cliche-
Well this IS a tournament thread SOOO...
Who went to this? Results?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Next week there won't be a tournament because they are holding a tournament for a card game. However, I'm pretty sure they are holding one the same day as SCC. For those of you who cannot afford SCC, or simply do not have a credit card, this would probably be your alternate.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I was just kidding, Lucky. I made the other account so people won't be confused about my gamertag being Lesheik.

I'm not cocky at all. btw, why did you assume that was me anyway? o_0

I'm only going to use that account in tournament discussions, again, so people won't get confused. XD

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol, nobody cares what your smashboards name tag is, look at mine...

oh, and stop spamming, it gets annoying, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU POST ON TWO DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS IN THE SAME THREAD.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Sorry about that! ^__^; I was just kind of happy about making another account.. XD
And I took advantage of a new account

$ick

Smash Lord
Uh oh, Neal getting defensive about his mod powers. I'd say not wanting to team with someone who you already told you would because you think you're too good for him is kinda cocky, but that's just my opinion. :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I got some results now :)

I'm just waiting for Mr. Nealdt to come online.

And there's no tourney this week. They are doing a Pokemon TCG tourney and thats going to take up the whole store :O

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Sorry I haven't updated this. I got drunk for 5 days in a row!! I think that's a new personal record. Anyway, when I tried to update it, Smashboards was down. Anyway, I'll update it now. Just so you know, there is no tournament next week. There will be another on the 29th, but that's the same day as SCC. Even then, they will still hold these tournaments after that. So if you miss it for SCC, don't worry. There will be more. And if you can't afford SCC or don't have a credit card, there you go.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey, for some reason when I got the bracket, it had no results at all. So if anyone who went could post their individual results, it would be really helpful :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Rawrr, I need the results of these matches:

Kid Retro vs Trafficwarden
P vs Nashun
Rob West vs Thomasexy
Headache vs Life
DEHF vs Krew

Please tell me if you know the results of any of those matches :)

Top Bottom