• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
**** no

My falcon >joes fox>my sheik>luigi's fox>sheik>fox>mike haze fox>flyleaf>neighborhood P sheik
[/QUOTE]

ughhhh negative mr. it goes

joes falco>My falcon >joes fox>my sheik>luigi's fox>sheik>fox>mike haze fox>flyleaf>neighborhood P sheik

=)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
On a more important note, who's coming to this? Seems most people are going to the Chapman one but I'd rather drive to this since it's closer. But if no one's going...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol how about you just play me in tournament
just try not to get eliminated by ryan 3 times in the process
pbody gets countered by JTB too... doesn't mean he's not better than you. let's see you beat gimpyfish.

you never go to tournies, mr. "i'm gonna be top 25 but cant get out of pools in FC."

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
oh ****, it's the new emerican vs mcrusty.

neighborhood p vs araknophobic sheik dittos, place your bets.

(if one of you wants to come practice against me i'll split my winnings with you)

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
you're a dbag

that is all
rofl.

so i was taking a speed typing test cuz work was boring...

Percentage Accuracy : 90%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 9%
Characters per minute : 583 cpm
Characters per second : 9 cps
Words per minute : 110 wpm
Words per second : 1 wps
Total Speed status : Too Good
Overall Accuracy : Good

Total Speed status : Too Good

ahahaahh

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Yeah, sorry Gimpy. When you're good, all eyes are on you. If you lose just one match, people will talk about it and bring it up over and over again.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you should really stop getting your panties in a bunch, be a man and get over it.

who uses douchebag as an insult though? i always feel like someone's joking when they say that, because there's just no way i can take offense to it.

araknophobik

Smash Master
pbody gets countered by JTB too... doesn't mean he's not better than you. let's see you beat gimpyfish.

you never go to tournies, mr. "i'm gonna be top 25 but cant get out of pools in FC."
lmfao are you refering to ryan beating gimpy? or you beating gimpy?
either way gimpy was clearly having an off day
he got 2nd the weekend before and then lost to 2 unranked players here
And are you honestly going to boast about chaingrabbing a bowser ftw? lmao

okay mr #1 on the friendlys power rankings, here goes me dropping to your level of pride
luigi and I played gimpy like last monday
and my peach got rocked
but i took a set off him with my sheik
im sure i had less trouble than luigi being that sheik is the harder matchup on bowser
plus gimpy has crazy grab combo's on space animals

friendlys dont really count unless your name is adam
beat gimpy's ganon and then you can say something

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I want to see JTB and P team together tomorrow with the team name "We Beat Gimpyfish."

Gimpy, I want you to team with me and we'll be called "Sexyfish." (or "Gimpysex" LOL)

Then I want our teams to meet in the tournament..........

Peach ditto money matches are still on. Although I got robbed last paycheck when they forgot to pay me for Labor Day. Although I am getting an $850.00 check next week. Whoo!!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace

Are you saying that Gimpy simply have an off day because he lost to P and me, while taking 2nd in doubles and taking 2nd in singles the previous week? I have to disagree with you.

First, no johns about character matchups. Who cares if P went Shiek on Bowser and chaingrabbed, its a 'technique' that the opponent knew about and should have anticipated. You can complain all you want about chaingrabbing, but the fact of the matter is that you didn't prepare yourself for it. Off topic, but the same thing goes with Wobbling.

Second, look at Gimpy's results last week:

Winners' bracket
Defeated Kill @ Will (no idea)
Defeated Mike Y (Marth)
Defeated Atlus (Jigglypuff if he hasn't changed)
Lost to DSF

Losers' bracket
Defeated DC (Fox, Falcon)
Defeated LuCkY (Fox)
Defeated Knives (Fox)
Lost to DSF

Keep in mind Marth and Fox. Now look at Washington's power rankings:

1. [1] - Luigi Ka-Master - Luigi
2. [2] - Silent Wolf - Fox
3. [3] - DJ Combo - Marth
4. [4] - Eggz - Fox
5. [5] - Jumpfreak - Fox
6. [6] - Bladewise - Peach
7. [N] - Zeru - Fox/Various
8. [9] - Jem - Falco
9. [11] - Deva - Link
10. [N] - Chip. - Young Link
11. [N] - Aftermath - Samus
12. [12] - Emo$ - Ganon/Various
13. [N] - Vish - Jigglypuff/C. Falcon
14. [N] - Loop - Fox/Jigglypuff
15. [15] - Fate - Marth

Take a look at the top 5. Look, 3 Foxes and a Marth!

Now think, is it possible that Gimpy already has alot of practice against those matchups? Maybe thats why he did so well last week?

Oh yeah, lets take another look at the list. See any Shieks?

Maybe I'm just mad because when P and I beat Gimpy, there were a ton of people johning for him. Maybe it was because of how he stormed out of the store angrily, and gave us no credit at all for winning a set against his famous Bowser. Maybe I'm just typing all this without thinking at all.

But then again, maybe I'm right.

Who gives a **** if you are ranked or not, it's whether or not you kick *** in tourney. And P and I are no scrubs at this game.
We both beat Gimpy in tourney, if you didn't know.

........... Do I even need to say anything??
(Sorry for the double post BTW)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha i thoguth i apologized for being a total jerk on saturday, i guess that didn't go through, or maybe everyone else jumping on this for no reason got to you

sorry again for acting like a jerk all day on saturday lol

OH SNAP DOUBLE POST!

MOD POWERS GOOOOOOO!!!!! lololol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Thanks Gimpy, I must have missed it then. I apologize for overreacting, and I hope we can start off on better terms the next time we see one another.

Thomas - Does this even concern you? Do you really need to quote my whole post?

Same goes for Fabian.

I'm going to edit my previous post to avoid any more conflict.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Thomas - Does this even concern you? Do you really need to quote my whole post?

Ya know what? You're right. It doesn't concern me. I just feel bad because everyone keeps bringing up their win against Gimpy over and over and over again. But he probably doesn't need me to defend him. I'm probably making things worse. I'm so sorry for my involvement.

I just miss the old days of Smash when people played in tournaments and gave it their best, used their favorite character, and had a good time. These days with tier lists and power rankings, all people ever do now is use Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, and Peach. And now everyone wants to be ranked so everyone has to bring up who they beat over and over again. All people ever care about now is winning.

Why can't we all have fun when we play Smash?? Why does it always have to be serious?? Why is winning more important than making friends these days??

Look at the way crews are these days. It used to be a group of friends who play together and compete together as friends. Nowadays it's not even friends in crews, it's just people recruiting good players and saying, "Your on our team now."

With this new age of Smash, even I'm getting caught up in it and acting like a jerk at times too.

Well, let's just have fun tomorrow. Anyone cool with that?

Top Bottom