• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
The Haze Vs. Mike Haze rematch:

I understand that Mike Haze has now changed his name to Menacing Mike. Although his lawyer stated in court today that the score is officially 1-1 now so the judge ruled that both players had to change their names. So The Haze is now calling himself $ick and is working on a combo video with a song by Disturbed. "Get down with the sickness."

Shout-outs: (from lowest tier to highest)

Nashun - Kirby with Falco's lasers is too good!!

Pimpy Fish - Thank you for coming. You're a Christian right?

All Peach Players - Peach ditto money matches next week.

Danimals - Ouch! My @$$ is sore. I don't think I've ever played a fox who has actually waveshined me all the way across the stage. Every time someone tries it, they always mess up and give me a free attack. I waited and waited for the mess-up but it never happened.

Was it 36 participants this week? That's a new record.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Yeah I'm a Christian, and i'm stuck in my appartment all day falling asleep everywhere because i've got like a 100 degree fever so i'm bored out of my mind, i want to play some air hockey *sigh*

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
My Mini Shoutout :]

To my 3 friendlies i had. Haha

Inks- your good, but i just had A LOT of marth practice with falcon. I finally got you off that seat :chuckle:

Kira- Nice sheik, i need more practice against it with falcon. I should do falco next time :]

Pbody- No johns, but Fox Ditto's are gay. Especially since you need to always warm him up a bit before using him. John John John

Sorry Dior, just wasn't my place to be. I realized that it was a bad thing i did just to leave you there. At first, i thought you wwould be fine since you knew ppl there. You should of told me you would have been all "butthurt" about it. Yeah, so today at church i learned about F.R.I.E.N.D. so my bad.

Lit

Smash Ace
Nah its watever so yea... Just it felt like some shady stuff u leavin in all, no biggie im not trippen i still had fun one though.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lol i wish i woulda been there to see the mike haze and haze rematch...**** must of been epic mike hazes line is priceless LOL =)

LuCKy

Smash Master
cant wait for the next one :) lol mountain dew livewire is **** lol and cool matches with everyone i played and DC get ***** by my marth l0l

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
results?
and **** i missed the rematch of mike da haze vs...THE HAZE
round 3 better go down at SCC *****es lol

...until you lost to larry. i guess luigi has to bite his tongue for now on eh?
I still **** Falcos (and don't lose to Luigi's Marth ^^)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
alright now that i'm feeling better and have a rational thought process

formal apology time!

sorry i was acting like such a jerk all tourney long and after, most specifically i apologize to p and larry i think was his real name (the falco i money matched)

i was just actin like a dbag all weekend, its not really the standard for me, i'm sure those of you who were at the tourneys last weekend noticed a pretty drastic change in my mood haha

so, my bad. i'm not a jerk, i promise lol i think i was just stressed with school starting and moving to a new environment and all sorts of stuff, in addition to apparently being sick which apparently makes me massively irritable

personality johns LOL

my bad guys, i'm a nice guy i promise, for those of you who i met for the first time there... first impressions for me? ugh.

my bad socal

i am feeling better though

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
It's okay Pimpyfish. I first met you at 0C3 so I know you're a cool guy. Besides, I always get a good laugh when someone brings up the power rankings or SoCal team and you post "*cough*gasp*cough*weez*" lol.

I've been dreaming about this for a long time, but one day I would love to have a tournament where players names are announced over a microphone and they have their theme songs play before their match begins. Just imagine:

Announcer: Ladies and gentleman, all the way from Hesperia, California, please welcome $ick!! (song plays - $ick walks down the aisle and takes a seat. - song stops) Aaaand his opponent, all the way from Chino, California, ThomaSexy (song plays- I walk down the aisle and take a seat. - song stops)

Match is recorded with commentary. Hell yeah!! I think Tavo should be a Smash announcer. I think he has the voice for it, as well as the intelligence.

........................................... too bad it'll never happen.................. but I can still dream right??

My song would probably be Headstrong by Trapt - "Back off I'll take you on! Headstrong to take on anyone! I know that you are wrong, and this-is-not where you belooooooong!!"

I also like "Last Resort" by Papa Roach but that has a lot of cussing. I also like "Animals" by Nickelback, plus the sexual lyrics reflect on my corrupt personality. Audioslave is badass too. F**k I'm starting to drool now. "Get Stoned" by Hinder??

Lemme see........

$ick's song HAS TO BE that one by Disturbed. You know, the one where he says "Get down with the sickness."

Gimpyfish would be "Send the Pain Below" by Chevelle

Hero gets "My Hero" by Foo Fighters or that Hero song from Spiderman.

Mango gets "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age since no one on the EC knew who he was until he ***** them.

And let's see.... who gets "Like a Virgin" by Madonna?....... I think we all know who deserves this song the most.....

nublet06

Smash Lord
It's okay Pimpyfish. I first met you at 0C3 so I know you're a cool guy. Besides, I always get a good laugh when someone brings up the power rankings or SoCal team and you post "*cough*gasp*cough*weez*" lol.

I've been dreaming about this for a long time, but one day I would love to have a tournament where players names are announced over a microphone and they have their theme songs play before their match begins. Just imagine:

Announcer: Ladies and gentleman, all the way from Hesperia, California, please welcome $ick!! (song plays - $ick walks down the aisle and takes a seat. - song stops) Aaaand his opponent, all the way from Chino, California, ThomaSexy (song plays- I walk down the aisle and take a seat. - song stops)

Match is recorded with commentary. Hell yeah!! I think Tavo should be a Smash announcer. I think he has the voice for it, as well as the intelligence.

........................................... too bad it'll never happen.................. but I can still dream right??

My song would probably be Headstrong by Trapt - "Back off I'll take you on! Headstrong to take on anyone! I know that you are wrong, and this-is-not where you belooooooong!!"

I also like "Last Resort" by Papa Roach but that has a lot of cussing. I also like "Animals" by Nickelback, plus the sexual lyrics reflect on my corrupt personality. Audioslave is badass too. F**k I'm starting to drool now. "Get Stoned" by Hinder??

Lemme see........

$ick's song HAS TO BE that one by Disturbed. You know, the one where he says "Get down with the sickness."

Gimpyfish would be "Send the Pain Below" by Chevelle

Hero gets "My Hero" by Foo Fighters or that Hero song from Spiderman.

Mango gets "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age since no one on the EC knew who he was until he ***** them.

And let's see.... who gets "Like a Virgin" by Madonna?....... I think we all know who deserves this song the most.....

FC6? pretty sure they did that.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Really? Hmmm..... I wouldn't know. I never travel.

Oh! Now that you say that, it COULD work for a crew battle. Hmmm.......

Lesheik

Smash Lord
GimpyFish was seemed pretty cool, and that was the first time I saw him.. BTW GIMPYFISH, I'm the Marth you played with your Sheik. Nice sandbagging.. I almost beat it. :(

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
Gimbyfish you were cool with me that day :] giving me tips and such :] and yeah i can tell you were playing bad and you were frustrated and i could also tell you weren't feeling good

haha i want a song thomas :] llol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh, just to put things to scale.

i drink coke generally at tournaments anyways, but i drink more as i get more stressed. i think i had 9 cokes at the venue itself LOL

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be moving into Riverside Saturday, so I won't be there.

Gimpy, lets play sometime next week! Luigi can come too if he wants.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Gimbyfish you were cool with me that day :] giving me tips and such :] and yeah i can tell you were playing bad and you were frustrated and i could also tell you weren't feeling good

haha i want a song thomas :] llol

Well, seeing as how your character is evil/satanic, I'd say something emo/goth. I'd say something from Muse or the Killers. I personally cannot stand Marilyn Manson but one of his songs might fit the best. Maybe that one where he keeps screaming "fight! fight! fight!" But if it was my choice, I'd say "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.

Oh! And cherry coke > coke. Hehe.

Top Bottom