• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok so i can take the metro from norwalk to somewhere near hear? and what time does it start

Lit

Smash Ace
to rancho cucamonga than u will need to have some one drive you there unless you got a ride
Doubles starts at 1

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so i'm hoping that i leave by noon from my place

its like 3 am i just got back from ken's so pre-johns exhaustion johns

anyways, one of you guys with my number just call me if i'm not there at like 1245 and make sure i'm alive

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol....I think Im ONLY gonna be able to make it fr friendlies and MM's...
I gotta split at 3 so.....>.>...
Better make it here J666... Im waiting for that MM
Lol...Nes w/e $1 MM... Ill use marth =P

MM's

Mike: (Luigi Vs fox) (3 of 5) ($5)
6th Sense: (Luigi Vs Mewtwo) ($3) (2 of 3) (Luigi Vs Fox) ($5) (3 of 5)
Lucky: (Luigi Vs Fox) ($1?) (Single Match)
J666: (Luigi Vs Link) ($10) (3 of 5) (If this fool shows up)
Nes: $1

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm coming after all. I'm going to come early though, like 11-11:30.

I'll take mms with most people ^^

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Oh by the way, the store does not allow money matches. They consider it a form of gambling..................................................................................... so make sure you do it quietly and not all out in the open.

$ick

Smash Lord
Nashun I wanna play you again. Been a long time since I have. I hope this tournament gets me out of my funk, been playing terribly lately. **** b1tch3s, you have like $25 in just mm's. Hope you win some. :p

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be there early. I suck, so I need to warm up.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
LOL! I got f*ckin robbed blind!

Lucky 0-2
J666 0-3
Mike 2-1
NeighborhoodP 1-2
6th (didnt show) BIG shocker

Good matches from everyone

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I guess everytime I beat Pbody, I get taken out by Kira.

I did fairly well today, better than normal.

Gimme some credit gimpy :(

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
This tournament was too good. Wish I could've stayed longer. Most fun I've had playing smash in a while. I'ma start trying to play this game more ^^

Larry: Too close. Too fun. Falco's gay but that's why I like fighting him. I need to utilize nair out of shield more. We should mm next time we see each other at a tourny.

Nathan: Gayest match ever. I'm gonna john non-stop in IM, but in public no johns ^^

Blitz: I think we both weren't playing our best in that mm, but I usually mm you at every tourny I see you at so we'll do it again in the future.

Gimpyfish: For someone who just plays for fun, what'd you get so pissed for?

Mike Haze: guess I'm not that bad?

I forgot who else I played but I should've played more.

lol @ store taking $2 for electricity out of every entry fee and there not being any AC. Borderline ****.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Gimpyfish: For someone who just plays for fun, what'd you get so pissed for?
competition is fun

losing to somebody i shouldn't is not

so theres the explanation

and no, thats not a "jk intrawebs joke"

edit: by that i mean i dont mind losing to somebody if i just get outplayed or soemthing like that, like when i lose to dsf or basically any washington player on the top 6 list, but if i'm just playing poorly its frustrating

everyone has off days, its frustrating for anyone

iLegend

Smash Cadet
Gimpy you would've beaten me =D Unless I got lucky with an edge guard...Even then though...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
competition is fun

losing to somebody i shouldn't is not

so theres the explanation

and no, thats not a "jk intrawebs joke"
Consistency is a skill. You lost because you were worse that match. Maybe 90% of the time you won't be worse vs me, but this time you were. It's as big a deal as you make it. You lost your composure and wouldn't even shake my hand. Pretty weak.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i realize that. i could give a bunch of johns but i'm just having a bad day overall anyways so whatever

*insert johns here*

i think i'm sick, i'm going to bed

freaking double dragon at ken's house till like 3 am lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh btw

Gamefaqs said:
33: Elite
according to gamefaqs i'm a level 33 elite, so watch out.

sursly, i'm the president of the smash boards.

EDIT:
i drink cokes when i get stressed. i think i've had 9 cans of coke today

$ick

Smash Lord
That was a pretty fun tournament. When will the results or Tia stuff be up? I'll do some shout outs I guess..

Sergio/Mecko: You're too good! And you're a **** teammate, good **** today. ^_^
Gimpy: Cool to finally meet you in person, sorry for rotting so hard against you when you were playing Mecko, that match was too close, and I gotta root for my homies. :p
Kira: Man your Sheik is much better than me, me being terrible at Sheik dittos didn't help, gg.
Ryan: Pbody counter.
Mike the ____ : GG
Blitz: Thanks for being the only I could hear rotting for me. You and DEHF were too good in teams.
Nate: </3 @ no friendlies.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I don't do shoutouts too often. GG's to everyone I played. Oh yeah, it was awesome to get a chance to Mango in tourny. Getting that Jiggs to two stocks on Dream Land is probably the best I'll ever be able to do. ^_^

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Yo it's kira

this tourney was tooo fun. havent had that much fun playing smash in awhile so i'll do shoutouts.

Headache - good matches, its too bad you didnt get to warm up first
P - we never got to do our sheik mm but it'd be too close. SCC maybe?
Blitz - fun MMs. i'd MM you more often if i thought i could beat you =P
Mr. X - sorry im bad with names so i forgot your real name but thanks for teaming with me. we started working better together near the end, but either way i'll try to come up to riverside and smash w/ u guys. remember dedicating yourself to one character is how you get good at this game so pick fox already
hero - you did pretty well in tournament.... not
nashun - learn2play a character that doesn't suck plz. and i'll try out those slow dash grabs when i smash w/ u guys
mango, david, danny, joey, oscar - good seeing u guys again. and david u got some random *** tippers and your up Bs kept going through my shield but u lost to joey in a marth ditto so it evens out
JTB - you're my hero for being a pbody counter. i was cheering for you the whole time lol. we should play when you go back to ucr
j666 - mute city is no good, you shoulda picked poke stadium or maybe a weird stage where i couldn't cg and edgeguard you as well like poke floats. you coulda won i think
$ick - learn2cg haha. once u get that down then sheik dittos aren't as bad
Gimpyfish - give neighborhood P and JTB some credit haha. you already beat the rest of socal so we know you **** =P it's too bad you weren't feeling well or w/e. oh yeah, smash isn't as fun when you're hard on yourself. nobody plays perfect all the time so take it easy =P
luigi - danm you're good vs marth... also why'd you leave early?
larry, flyleaf, the fox guy and the falco guy we played teams with - good matches, im bad with names. flyleaf dont get too down about smash, you just need more experience. just watch what good people do and try to emulate them (like upthrow with fox)
MikeHAZE - **** that was close lol
8 bit - i wanna play against you guys more. it seems like you guys are getting really good

just a side note: sheik is not fun. if anyone wants to teach me peach, jiggs, or ICs that'd be cool. not that my fox, falco, or marth are any good but i think i just need experience with them more than actually knowing what moves to do.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
kira's a ****en ***** for going sheik on me.

haha j/p, but yeah, we're (8bit) getting better, you should come to the valley some time man.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Kira you're a Sheik traitor :( On the bright side, get a new main so it won't be cheeeeeeeesy Sheik dittos ^^

Top Bottom