• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
well i use ddd

he's pretty fat

i guess i'll use mario against MK

wow TTB, this thread wasn't out of the blue

it was a response to the teams match we had at gigs

if you weren't there then you wouldn't know

it's all about matchups i guess

and quit ****ing flaming h1roshi

rather than critizice him like certain *****es

why not give me and him advice like a friendly communtiy

quit flaming.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Kind of like Fox, Falco, Shiek, Marth, Peach?

Whats even funnier is you mained 2-3 of those 5

-peace
I love how people make this statement over and over completely ignoring the fact that the last major melee tournament was won by a jigglypuff, of all characters.

On topic: While I'm definitely on the "brawl sucks" side of the fence and thus haven't been playing it much personally, the idea of banning characters this early in the game's life seems foolish in the extreme. How long did it take for melee to fully evolve as a competitive game? You could easily argue that it STILL wasn't finished developing, citing such things as bum, mango, Ka-Master, and etc taking characters who were generally thought to be unable to hang with the big boys to the top ranks in tournament. And you're talking about banning stuff 2 months in?

As an aside, when was the last time a peach actually won something major in melee? (in singles)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I say we ban the use of gamecube controllers as it's unfair to the sideways wiimote users.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I find it difficult to agree with calling cort and vidjo garbage, just to name 2 off of the top of my head.

I'm not denying that she was a good character by any stretch - It's not like I mained her because I dig pink dresses or somthing. The problem is that eventually you'd run into a good marth or fox and it'd be a seriously uphill fight to continue in the tournament, and Sheik wasn't exactly a cakewalk either depending on the player. She's solid, but I find it hard to compare her with fox, marth, or sheik. (For that matter, I have a hard time grouping falco with those 3 either, though it's probably closer).

Sighrax

Smash Lord
nerds have lots of anguish inside them...leading to repressed rage and hate...

Welcome to the gaming community :)

ahaha what the hell is this no name talking about people playing brawl being nerds? holy crap man please get the **** off hungrybox's nuts.

hungrybox the way you post and think so highly of yourself gets you flamed. nothing else.

JackHouser over here, apparently the king of the internet, an allknowing entity who discovered that people who play video games have anguish. lololol i would love to see this guy. STFU.

either way, flaming is fun. you either learn the difference between forums and real life and be cool with people in person, or be an idiot.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
ahaha what the hell is this no name talking about people playing brawl being nerds? holy crap man please get the **** off hungrybox's nuts.

hungrybox the way you post and think so highly of yourself gets you flamed. nothing else.

JackHouser over here, apparently the king of the internet, an allknowing entity who discovered that people who play video games have anguish. lololol i would love to see this guy. STFU.

either way, flaming is fun. you either learn the difference between forums and real life and be cool with people in person, or be an idiot.
Forums are ForFun

i'll choose the first one then

OTRU...

Smash Champion
you guys are going a lil bit too far with this meta hate

I only lost to 4 people in that whole tourney:
icekid (olimar) bracket
reno (mk) pools
cazanova(mk) pools
bane (G&W) bracket

my conclussion is metaknight can be beaten, and I played really gay so it can be done

and i dont think anyone can say i got beat because im worse than Rx, I lost cuz these guys were smarter and were able to find a way to **** my spam.

Hungry stop whining and just dont play ddd against mk, ddd has no chance in that matchup, its just not possible. Ask afro about that.

I hope everyone picks up MK, me and Rx are gonna be so **** at that matchup!!!
Rx lets start practicing those dittos!!

Finch

Smash Lord
On the topic of Metaknight's tornado move, is there any way to DI out of the move once it has you in it? I've tried different ways but to no avail.
Rx told me if you DI in the opposite direction the tornado is moving as soon as it hits you you can get out of it, but I haven't tested this much.

JackHouser

Smash Apprentice

1st sentence improper grammar fragment, wtf were u saying dude?

neways last time i checked if u post on a forum all day about a game and drive out to play video games, you were a nerd, not that theres anything wrong with it, and from what is generally displayed, nerds are quite often angry flamers amongst each other

JackHouser

Smash Apprentice
lol you gonna get yo *** beat by him and synikal. have fun makin fun of synikal cuz he plays smash and travels.
im not making fun of the guy, i dont count nerd as a insult

im sure he can beat me at smash, i think im good, but not the best.........

Finch

Smash Lord
lol we're all angry and full of rage. let's get on our rageasaurus and stomp ourselves to a smash tournament so we can infuriate eachother into a nerd maelstrom and then go home and seethe and type angry words on our internet forum.

derf

Smash Ace
neways last time i checked if u post on a forum all day about a game and drive out to play video games, you were a nerd, not that theres anything wrong with it, and from what is generally displayed, nerds are quite often angry flamers amongst each other
except with smash (or at least melee), seasoned tourney goers are a pretty close-knit group.

we only flame newbies

Pritch

Smash Lord
For that matter, it's usually only obnoxious newbies, particularly those who act all self-superior.

Just sayin...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm pretty sure DDD is capeable of beating MK.

I don't see anything wrong with MK.

I can't believe this is stirring up so much controversy.

Shiek made 2/3s of Melee unplayable and no one was like "Wahahaha ban Shiek".

One tournament a MK player uses the same move repeatedly and wins 600 bucks.

Where is the problem?

If anything everone should use Meta Knight and win 600 bucks if its that gay.

You guys are real scrubs and that makes me sad.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I love when people say trash like this.....Meta Knight isn't at all broken. If you want to complain I can give you a list of how cheap Snake is. The tornado can be broke by a simple tilt attack, for you idiots that complain TRY EXPERIMENTING WITH IT! Every character can break through the tornado....and the tornado isn't even that great in my opinion....I barely use it, unless I play against spammers myself. Like I said you people are ignorant....Meta Knight dies beyond easily and kills very late. If you guys can't handle MetaKnight and think Snake is not broken with his 80% up tilt auto kills, then go shoot yourselves.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont think MK is broken. Then again, both of my characters (GW, diddy) can get him out of the tornado in various ways, so i dont care as much as others. He's pretty light too, so he doesnt exactly live forever, even with his 5 jumps. I do find it odd that he's the only one that can glide from a jump and THEN use upB and glide again. Not like you need to glide that much in a fight or anything. just sayin..

curse you sakurai , for making all the kirby chars so good and giving them the best game music, knowing full well no one plays their stages to enjoy them.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I agree that Meta Knight can not be killed during recovery....well very hard to be. But since he dies around 100% from a regular or any smash attack it cancels that recovery. G&W has beyond great priority, and Diddy is a really good character if known how to use. I played a gerat Diddy yesterday, and he used the bananas and Left/Right B effectively. One stocked every game, of course I ended up winning 3-1

Top Bottom