• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...

derf

Smash Ace
i love how FL is *****ing about how gay MK's b moves are while everyone in the xesticle thread is *****ing about how cort won that tournament by using snake and just tilting

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
My threads are almost as amazing as I am

i feel bad for showtime

ouch

he got on doodah's wrong side

i learned that lesson a while back ROFL
Im fine....and no I didn't learn any lesson. Lol oh and yes I played Cort before.....and all he did was F-tilt me to death. It was beyond annoying.... =/

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
MK isn't that bad.

I mean he is and its gonna take a while to figure him out.

But the way some poeple acted after losing to Rx is pretty pathetic.
Cuz its straight up fvcking ******** how other people actually learn there characters, spend time learning the ins and outs of there character. Then you lose to someone that literally pressed 3 buttons (Up B, B, DSmash).

Its not the fact whether there are "ways around it", your looking at it the wrong way. The problem is that its a viable strategy. And while there are "ways around it", what you have to do to stop it greatly outweighs what the meta knight has to do to start the move.

Not to mention if you dont play one of the few characters that has a way to stop it, you lose. Without a doubt, you are getting a loss.

Ways around it or not, its just fvcking stupid that a strategy like this exists in a fighting game like brawl. A game that everyone wanted to come out for so long, a game that SHOULD have been beta tested to ****in hell, but uhhhh either someone wanted meta knight to be broken or someone missed it. Either possiblity is just sad.

EDIT:
If anything, i expected this game should be hella balanced, whether it was made as a party game or not. Its like the complete opposite of balance.

Finch

Smash Lord
Cuz its straight up fvcking ******** how other people actually learn there characters, spend time learning the ins and outs of there character. Then you lose to someone that literally pressed 3 buttons (Up B, B, DSmash).

Its not the fact whether there are "ways around it", your looking at it the wrong way. The problem is that its a viable strategy. And while there are "ways around it", what you have to do to stop it greatly outweighs what the meta knight has to do to start the move.

Not to mention if you dont play one of the few characters that has a way to stop it, you lose. Without a doubt, you are getting a loss.

Ways around it or not, its just fvcking stupid that a strategy like this exists in a fighting game like brawl. A game that everyone wanted to come out for so long, a game that SHOULD have been beta tested to ****in hell, but uhhhh either someone wanted meta knight to be broken or someone missed it. Either possiblity is just sad.

EDIT:
If anything, i expected this game should be hella balanced, whether it was made as a party game or not. Its like the complete opposite of balance.
lololololololololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQbDwrQkXoI

God knows I hate this game too but seriously meta knight is just brawl's sheik, which is why I was making fun of hiroshi for complaining about MK even though he played sheik in melee. He's dumb and really easy to use but people will figure out how to beat it eventually.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
How do you guy's lose to B spam? It isn't even that great, next tournament I will see what you guys mean, Im a MK user myself but only use the B to recover or to rack up 9-10% damage at the start.

I mean the more you use it the weaker it gets.....no?

So why should spamming one more be such a problem.....or should I say spamming 3 moves accorindg to Mr. H......

You guys are just focused on getting frusterated, and not thinking of ways around it. It takes MK like a .5 second to set up that tornado, he is completely vulnerable right before the use of the tornado. Also, many B moves, Ftilts, FAirs, and Nairs break through the tornado easily.....I've tested with each character and there is a way to cancel it....

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
As d3, you have none, besides smashes, im 100% positive that no move you can do in the Air, or any B Move, will cancel out MK's neutral B.

WTF i dont need to prove **** to anyone, you can ask anyone that fought rx, its just a stupid fight involving a stupid strategy that SHOULDNT EXIST. Whether or not there are ways around it isnt the point. 1 Move should not be a strategy for any character.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Alright when I play you, I'll be D3 and you can be MK sound like a plan? No MM or anything just for show.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Ugh....your putting yourself in a position where you aren't able to learn the weaknesses of the character....if you want to be stubborn than go ahead...

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
YEAH BRO i dont know d3 at all, im telling you, i know d3 pretty fvckin well, and im 100% sure, that if meta knight moves at me with his neutral B, theres nothing i can do. I cant even shield it lol, im to big of a character and eventually it hits through. I cant jump because d3 is slow, i could possibly run to the end of the stage, but D3 is slow.

There are some characters that can counter it easily, but if you dont play one of them, your boned.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I didn't say you don't know your character....you don't know Meta Knight....

Seriously man, I wouldn't mind practicing friendlies with you sometime, so we can find a way around it. What about your Ftilt.....that should break through the Tornado easily....

dguy6789

Smash Lord
There is nothing new or unique about a character being able to beat another character the vast majority of the time. It was like this in Melee for some matchups. Learn another character.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
people are still talking about this?

you all should be concerned with more pressing issues, like which tourney you're going to this Saturday.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I've had trouble with D3 before. With good DI Meta Knight can't do anything. D3 can live up to 180% easily before a down smash or UP + B can kill ya. (ON STAGE THAT IS)

Top Bottom