• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So you guys are 5th best in the game.

Sky`

Smash Lord
In Japan.

I'm curious to know... have you guys assessed that?

Like, what are they doing to make Pit so ****?

I haven't seen very many pits in tournament, but the ones that I do, sure get the job done.

NinjaMeepit

Smash Rookie
Really, I haven't seen anything going on with the Japanese. But, they probably figured out every AT possible. lol

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
as far i know, it is because of how they play, thier very offenseive, us Americans are more defensive, that a possible reason.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
But isn't Pit well suited for both Offense and Defense? Hell, he seems a little more defensive than offensive IMO...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Being offensive against us american "turtlers" usually ends in a loss for our opposition though. U.S.A. vs japan crew battles anyone? XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
USA vs Japan in anything video game related is going to be a loss for us. They're going to pull out the uber **** instant Falcon PAWNCH! (With invulnerability frames, of course) jab so far unheard of in the States and make our brains implode from the sheer awesomeness of it.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Is there a way for us American's (or more vaguely, english users, to not offend any non-americans) to find out any of the newer AT's the Japan might have found out before us or techniques that we haven't thought of yet or do we have to figure it out ourselves?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is there a way for us American's (or more vaguely, english users, to not offend any non-americans) to find out any of the newer AT's the Japan might have found out before us or techniques that we haven't thought of yet or do we have to figure it out ourselves?
Learn Japanese?

couldnt we just send in m2k using mewtwo?
Only if it's Brawl.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see the tier list from Japan as well. Also, remember when arrow layering was discovered here in the States and then we found out Japan already knew about it? The things they could be hiding from us! If only I knew Japanese... Or if those Japanese kids would use Youtube.

edit: Why isn't my sig showing up?

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I would like to see the tier list from Japan as well. Also, remember when arrow layering was discovered here in the States and then we found out Japan already knew about it? The things they could be hiding from us! If only I knew Japanese... Or if those Japanese kids would use Youtube.

edit: Why isn't my sig showing up?
you probably used quick reply for the sig thing

as for the japanese tier list pits now 7th so heres the link
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/spinoffs-cameos/86483-japanese-brawl-tier-list.html

SSD

Smash Journeyman
His japanese voice is REALLY annoying, causing the opponents to play badly.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
not much ftilt or dtilt, but crazy amount of d smash for punishing. I really like the way japanese pit fastfall everything, make them seem so much faster.

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
So, I counted a total of 76 arrows...only in the first match. That means: every 4.19 sec he shot an arrow. Spam, just spam and Pit will rise on tier list!
On the other hand he shielded only 29 times (I dont count shieldcanceled grabs out of dash, only "real" shields). So playing aggressivly might be the right way.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Japan hasn't been better at smash than US for a very, very long time. Not because they're not as capable, but because they don't play for money and soft ban everything. The gap will likely be even larger with Brawl, because the most effective strategies in Brawl are the very same ones they tended to leave out of their metagame in Melee.

I think Pit should be higher, but Japan's not going to do it.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I can see that happening. I heard they look down on chaingrabs and stuff, but the way they play is really fast.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
His japanese voice is REALLY annoying, causing the opponents to play badly.
Japan voice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>American Voice

Anyway, this is how the Japanese metagame is played like. You can't say there wrong or were right.

They play different then us and there metagame (although a lot of similarities in techs I think...) is also different.

Pit is nowhere near viable in the top 5-7 in the American metagame but in japan it seems he is...

-:bowser:Bowser King

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Hmmm, the playstyle that the Pit played with in those vids seemed like that it wasn't in fear of being criticized by the words "spam" and so on. I actually admire that since I myself had forgotten to use arrows in a match like that because of worries of being criticized on being a spammer...

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
i AM critized as a spammer and i didnt care :) don't worry about that too much DT, arrow spam affects the opponent minds... alot... when you hit them like 95% of the time xD

Edit: wow watching those video, i play nearly like a japanese xD asian blood ftw? (I got japanese brawl too, playing on a modded wii)

MrEh

Smash Hero
i AM critized as a spammer and i didnt care :) don't worry about that too much DT, arrow spam affects the opponent minds... alot... when you hit them like 95% of the time xD
If it works, then keep doing it. ^^

If they complain, say "no Johns."

Atria

Smash Journeyman
*Gasp!* Guys, I think I can decode what you're trying to say! Hmm...Let me work it out first...

as far i know, it is because of how they play, thier very offenseive, us Americans are more defensive, that a possible reason.
I mainly play offensively in ALL of my matches...

USA vs Japan in anything video game related is going to be a loss for us.
I'm an Australian. So obviously, I live in Australia...

AND I am learning Japanese + Going to Japan this year. Therefore, by adding all of these equations together...

I mainly play offensively in ALL of my matches x I'm an Australian x (Learning Japanese + Going to Japan this year) = Offensive minded, Japanese language taught Australians FTW! The defensive play style can work, but offensive works better. ;)

However, if you want the completely correct answer by rounding off all the numbers, the decoded answer should become something more like this...

= ME FTW!

This must be a sign...I'm the one who is destined to take down ALL Americans AND Japanese people who play Brawl! Don't worry any of you Australians who don't know Japanese! With my guidance, us fellow Australians can rise through the ranks and demolish ANYONE who is not of Australian blood! VICTORY SHALL BE OURS! You guys better watch your back as the reign of terror is about to begin...

Convict

Smash Rookie
Honestly I main Pit and have no trouble at all taking out any opponent. Granted I'm not into the tourny scene and Brawl Online is so laggy that it difficult to find a opponent you can fight. Despite this all the players I've faced have had little chance. It really surprised me to see Pit so low on the tier list, but hey I could just be ignorant :/

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
*Gasp!*
ur Ike, u get owned if you play passive. Ike's game is all about pressuring. I have not seen any Ike that play defensively so far.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*Gasp!* Guys, I think I can decode what you're trying to say! Hmm...Let me work it out first...

ALL your matches?!
Ouch, best keep Kirby/Pit as secondaries/thirdaries then. No offense, but while Ike does work well offensively, not all characters do, and even then, certain matchups require you to play defensively.

EPIC-FAIL

Smash Apprentice
In the back of a Little Ceasers, Making dough
ALL your matches?!
Ouch, best keep Kirby/Pit as secondaries/thirdaries then. No offense, but while Ike does work well offensively, not all characters do, and even then, certain matchups require you to play defensively.
I think Pit is like Voldo from Soul Cali... The ppl who tweak on that guy are frigging awesome but you can tell who the nubs are

A person not soo skilled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PemYsBRm9XE

The tweaker...btw props to FEAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEv-KoHMEwc

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
True, but to be fair EPIC, one of those is a combo video, which is meant to be just a series of awesome kills/combos/tricks.

Top Bottom