• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sure, why not. u dont even have to use it, just having one is a convenience though. just don't let it absorb your life. social networking can really hinder people in life lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wonder if i can beat ic's with sheik lol

i never REALLY tried, i always just assumed she got ***** and used zelda

im gonna try it haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What would happen if I started using punctuation and capitalization in my posts again? Ahhh, it takes so much effort, but the impression you can get of someone from the way they type can be totally different!!!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair

What do YOU ban?
Norfair isn't legal here, and I ban Brinstar if my MK can't beat them, and RC if it can. I really like Brinstar as MK, but RC is better if I stay ICs.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair

What do YOU ban?
Norfair is rarely legal nowadays. I have Pikachu for Rainbow Cruise. I hate Brinstar with a passion, so that's what I'd choose.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Norfair's been banned here for a while, I normally ban Brinstar since it's just an impossible stage for ICs; I can deal with Cruise if I need to. But recently Cruise got banned too, makes my counterpicking process so much easier. xD

Also I'm adding you all on facebook, mwahaha! Mine's http://www.facebook.com/everalert if anyone cares. :B

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Cruise got banned? O_o Who the heck is your TO?
Yeah, there was a bit of drama recently and as a result Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes and Rainbow Cruise got cut from singles (they're still legal in doubles though). And, to answer your question and without meaning to point fingers, Shaya is the TO here. This is ultra-recent though, I think we've only had one tourney so far with the new stage list...

Teh Future

Smash Master
You want to ban stages based on the character you are playing. Brinstar is usually ICs worst stage though Rainbow isn't bad at all against some characters, but you have to learn the stage.

Prawn

Smash Master
just got ninth in a tourny(shoulda done better :()

but i beat the top ranked player in NE my second round.

hooray?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, you look like a drunk partyboy jock. Am I right?
Haha not quite. Allthough I was drunk last night XD and have been in swimming/wrestling for 4 years and run a lot.

I don't really have a niche I'm all over the place.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Toby said:
LOL rainbow cruise!

Here's how to win, kids!
Step 1:Whoever you are up against, pick rainbow cruise as your counterpick. Even if its the worst stage for your character.
Step 2: Pick Metaknight.
Step 3:have fun for 7 minutes.
Step 4: Proceed to the next round/win money!

There are a number of characters that totally **** on this stage. So you can swap MK for one of these if you want (hello wario and GW! have fun with your free wins as well!).

Now lets look at it from the other perspective:

Situation 1:You're playing against somebody who doesn't main any of these characters. They main a character who is bad on rainbow cruise. So you ban their best stage. BAM, they CP'd cruise and went metaknight. If you banned rainbow cruise they would simply take you to their characters best stage.

Situation 2: You're playing against a person who mains these characters. Oh noes! You HAVE to ban rainbow cruise, but what about the wide variety of other stages they **** on? Hmmm.

So basically you always have to ban rainbow cruise, unless you use Metaknight, Mr Game & Watch, Wario or Zero Suit Samus, since you also have a great advantage on the stage.

So the moral of the story is: use metaknight or wario :)
Not Shaya's own words, but that's the reasoning.

Actually, before Cruise got axed, I was consciously banning Brinstar even when Cruise was worse for me in that particular matchup, thinking it didn't matter since I second Meta Knight. So I can definitely see the logic in this.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Australia, and especially my region, is generally very intolerant of "gay" play.

Players who use particularly "gay" characters such as ICs or MK (lol me :() are automatically prejudiced against here; we have very few mains of such characters. Likewise, particularly gay stages other than Cruise have also been axed; Japes, Pirate Ship and Norfair are also good examples of stages that I believe are normally legal elsewhere, even in other parts of Australia (though for reasons more relating to fun than competition). One of our state's TO's has even talked about DQing people for "boring play," because it "limits the enjoyment of others," although this ruling has never actually been used (yet!).

As you could probably tell by my willingness to use the two primary characters of prejudice, I disagree with this attitude fundamentally, mainly because I believe that by avoiding the "gay" stuff, you're limiting your growth as a player.

I don't mean to slight our players in any way -- they're all amazing people who I cherish dearly as friends. This is just the unfortunate attitude that Australia as a primarily sporting country has towards videogames. They're "for fun," and to most people the idea of organised videogame competitions is laughable and pathetic.

I don't know why I'm elaborating/defending a point I fundamentally disagree with, but uh... yeah. That's the situation here. :/

bobson

Smash Lord
Australia sounds exactly like the EC for the exact opposite reasons.

Amusing.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ok, I guess you beat them without loosing a stock since you main ICs then ?:p

Theres an ongoing discusson on stages for "an european ruleset" where that kind of thinking bans stages without any sole reasons. But I guess MK might bee too good on RC even though there might be some hidden characterpotencial on that stage yet to discover...

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol that pic is awwwwwwsome.

Swordgard I think most people agree OS is ******** even if you agree with his stagelists.
Most people cannot argue for crap, that is why SBR exists for example, and why he is in there . Overswarm might sometime make moot points, but he actually posts stuff that is
A) Relevant to the discussion at hand
B) Well formulated
C) Not a pointless ad hominem.

Don't judge an argument by its poster, but rather by its content. Otherwise your just doing yet another logical fallacy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
here is my facebook link. I saw some links being posted a few pages back :D http://www.facebook.com/r3dd09

who is the most attractive IC main? I was voted one of the top in the sonic mains awhile back. haha. but sonics are crazy :p
You might want to rephrase that to who is the most attractive male IC main. Otherwise Karina would obviously win.

Top Bottom