• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Teh Future

Smash Master
No I really just choke every tourney. :D

You wanna fight about it?

Plus beating random cat that I lost to wouldn't make me good anyways, then I'd just be slightly less bad LMAO

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I still don't understand how you lost to a ganon at no koast future :(.

Thanks for watching some of my matches though :p.

Prawn

Smash Master
I've lost to ganons on wifi,

granted it's wifi but if you don't know the matchup you can lose. Take M2K/Tyrant vs FOW for example, not saying FOW isn't AMAZING(which he is), but matchup inexperience definitely played a part in him winning a game vs. m2k and a set vs. tyrant

that being said, I don't think I'll ever lose to another one cause the matchup is just a lot of shield lol

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ya I just kinda ran forward cause it was ganon LOL

I grabbed him like 3 times every stock, I just couldn't CG him : /

plus thats not even what Im talking about (although thats prob the worst case) I've always lost to people I can beat at every tourney Ive ever been too.

I don't know why that would make me think I'm good.

SG you are the one who thinks they are good because they place well at tourneys in canada ololollololol.

Ill prob start playing ICs again this summer cause I plan on going to tourneys more so maybe I can break the habit, but until then Im just gonna have fun playing Yoshi cause I think hes hellarious plus I don't win money with ICs anyways I don't really think anyone cares if I place 7th with ICs or 13th with Yoshi, because niether of them matter.

Also I think heavywieghts are some of the best characters agianst ICs now(this has nothing to do with gannon obviously hes terrible). ICs are so bad when they recover and after they get hit its so easy to kill us at like 70% even if they are easier to grab they can kill us just as easy in 1 hit

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've lost to ganons on wifi,

granted it's wifi but if you don't know the matchup you can lose. Take M2K/Tyrant vs FOW for example, not saying FOW isn't AMAZING(which he is), but matchup inexperience definitely played a part in him winning a game vs. m2k and a set vs. tyrant

that being said, I don't think I'll ever lose to another one cause the matchup is just a lot of shield lol
Are you comparing Ness vs MK to Ganon vs IC's?

That's not even a close comparison lol. M2K thinks Ness vs MK is like 60-40 in mks favor. Ganon vs IC's is much worse.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol I don't know why people think Ness is still bad.

bthrow = freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kill.

gannon ICs isn't 90-10 either though lol ratios are dumb

meepxzero

Smash Master
Ic arent worth playing unless u practice with them all the time. Screw everyone that says they are easy to win with or take no skills because there are very few people who can even play them at high levels. Im playing horribly in tourney now a days because i dont even have time to practice them anymore (too much school). When i was actually winning consistently i was cging for 1-2 hrs a night. So be prepared to put an hr or 2 a day into cging to be even decent.

If you dont practice ur **** it really does show.....

sorry random venting im taking a break from brawl cuz i have no time to even practice the game ><

Smoom77

Smash Master
So be prepared to put an hr or 2 a day into cging to be even decent.
I'm completely agree.

I was talking to someone ( think it was Cheese, but I dunno) and he was saying how he mained ICs but he could never learn his chaingrabs so he went to another character. This is why he could learn his chaingrabs because he didn't practice!

If you're gonna learn ICs, you better be devoted.

Edit: by the way (I'm not sure if we knew this before) but ICs can desync off of ledges I believe. I was playing around with b-reversals off of BF's ledges and if you time it right, you can get Nana to b-reversal blizzard off and Popo is still up. I need to record those...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Dude, your name is hella long and obnoxious. >_>

swordgard

Smash Hero
Dude, your name is hella long and obnoxious. >_>

True fact.

Either way, a list of weights is always useful to cg people : )

Oh, also the future, i think they are good because i played em. TBH i never played anyone from usa, from wifi i can tell USA plays very similar to canada. Your average player is better, but the top of canada can easily compete with the best of USA. Now for all i care, you can keep on thinking canada is ****, but your the one who doesnt place well, not them. USA isnt the only reference around, i think Ally and holy showed that before(and arguably a couple of other canadians).

FInally, just get this in your head, when you say "plus thats not even what Im talking about (although thats prob the worst case) I've always lost to people I can beat at every tourney Ive ever been too.", it really means : " I can beat people in friendlies but not in tourney." which means they arent trying as hard as they could be. Tourney sets are all that matter.

Also, you should not be losing to a ganon offline, no matter what, you simply gotta know your matchups. Don't expect free wins, but the ratio really is 90:10 or 95:5 due to so many things. If you know your matchups, their easy as hell. Heavyweights are actually incredibly easy due to solo cg for the most part, save snake. Otherwise, kill power is useless if it involves having to get within grab range.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah, i really suffer when I don't practice my CGs,

the week leading up to tournament I recommend 0-deathing each member of the cast once a night.

edit: smoom **** yo name

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ganon and CF is too funny to play against, I allways underestimate them but dthrow to the ledge, dtilt and edgehog is too good, or dthrow to ledge, double footstool, edgehog XD, and probably the reason I underestimate them XD

Teh Future

Smash Master
My skill fluctuates even within sets. If I jv3 stock someone and then loose the set that doesn't mean I only beat them in friendlies because they aren't trying lol.

Im inconsistant. I don't see why you seem to think that is impossible, but I think I have a better idea of how and why I place where I do in tournaments than you do.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow smoom's name *****

man my ic's still **** pretty hard even though i've been focusing on sheik for months

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I hear ya, if I don't play Falco for like a week I's have to spend some time getting the timing down for buffering BPG or DACUS from a downthrow or SHDL. It must be 10x harder for you IC mains and your CGs.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
ROFL. MW gives Overswarm such a hard time.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Lets see what there is to discuss here.

Overswarm actually posts something very relevant and then people go and troll him.

Out of anything you could have posted here, this is what you decide to post, which proves yet another time that you don't bring much to this board. What your posting here is completely irrelevant and has no other aim than flaming overswarm, this is the exact definition of trolling.

Prawn

Smash Master
Lets see what there is to discuss here.

Overswarm actually posts something very relevant and then people go and troll him.

Out of anything you could have posted here, this is what you decide to post, which proves yet another time that you don't bring much to this board. What your posting here is completely irrelevant and has no other aim than flaming overswarm, this is the exact definition of trolling.
umad?

useemmad.

Prawn

Smash Master
Not really, I just find it kinda disappointing to see how people can turn anything into a farce. Especially known and reputed players.
Although I could apply the same rule to myself I think that based on the fact that you do not live in the region or deal with OS on a regular basis, you cannot make any assumption or judge anyone's behavior towards him.

It seems as though the majority of people who live in the region are upset with him, is this because they enjoy trolling? Or because OS is a bad TO with bad ideas?

Occam's Razer applies

swordgard

Smash Hero
Although I could apply the same rule to myself I think that based on the fact that you do not live in the region or deal with OS on a regular basis, you cannot make any assumption or judge anyone's behavior towards him.

It seems as though the majority of people who live in the region are upset with him, is this because they enjoy trolling? Or because OS is a bad TO with bad ideas?

Occam's Razer applies

You can easily judge on people when they say things without relevance to the topic or they don't bring up facts to support what they are saying. If you can't argue, then just don't post.

Prawn

Smash Master
lain i might be going to a scrub tournament at an asian-american center tonight,

what do I have to do to fit in with your people?

lain

Smash Master
Do the peace sign in every photo taken of you.

If they stare at you, stop moving. Their vision is based on movement.

<3 KB

Prawn

Smash Master
frozen i wanna see, you can never be more of a douchebag in my eyes.

Top Bottom