• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Got 3rd at a tourney yesterday, never switched off Icies.

I do just fine in the first 30 seconds playing Snake and then after I've dealt like 100% in Uair strings I get wrecked. >_> Are there any good recent videos of high level Snake vs Icies?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Got 3rd at a tourney yesterday, never switched off Icies.

I do just fine in the first 30 seconds playing Snake and then after I've dealt like 100% in Uair strings I get wrecked. >_> Are there any good recent videos of high level Snake vs Icies?
Endaのお仕事へようこそう!どうぞ。

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5lB5m_j-Tg
Hayase(IC) vs Busa(Snake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJqxci8_Qo
9BasedGod(IC) vs busa(Snake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFHwDS2988g
Vinnie殿(IC) vs Ally (Snake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7B_s1rLZQk
Souther(Snake) vs 9BasedGod(IC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0brzrsR_-Y
Cheese(IC) vs Pelca(Snake)

Vinnie

Smash Master

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
ooooooooooooooooook

So I went to my local tourney in Jax again and ended up being lucky enough to make it into grand finals with me vs ryo. I also play him I think in winner's finals >_>. So yea, I got *****. I think I took one game off him in bracket. Woot ^_^

So has anyone here played their :popo: against Ryo's :ike: offline? I manage to take 1 game 2(if I'm lucky) in and off tourney but never complete sets -_-

Cause I'm guessing most of u haven't. :ike: vs :popo: is 99.9:.01 ike's favor.

I'm trying to find a solution but keep failing to find one.

Let me explain the things he does if u don't know

The Back ****ing grab. THE BACK GRAB. That is what ***** us.

U can't get anywhere with in 8 feet(lmao I don't know an exact measurement of how far u should be from the edge JUST TRY TO STAY IN THE MIDDLE) of any of the edges of the stage.

1. Bthrow u at low percents, can't di it high enough to make nana jump b4 she gets near the edge. Nana will run offstage and as she gets to the edge she jumps at this time ur still in hitstun and ike dtilt spikes nana to her doom. This is GUARANTEED.

2. bthrow fsmash. a back throw and follows up with a fsmash. LMAO. ummm not much u can do if he gets the pivot on u. If he spaces it wrong and u react fast enough u can prevent his fsmash with a dash attack.

Now things I realized I was doing wrong vs his ike.

1. Going anywhere near, close, far but not far enough from the edges of ANY stage.

2. Not shield grabbing his fairs. If u can time it and space it right u can dash in on his fairs and shield grab him even if he is pulling back.

If I had a capture card I would make a video on all of this.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. BTW u can't rely on Ice Shot vs him. Maybe its because I suck XD

Delux sorry If I shouldn't post this here :/

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
He can only pivot grab you if you approach, right?
if you have an ice shot chaser following you, if he grabs you it hits him.
If u don't approach he will approach u and **** u.

If I could just get dash dance desync down it would maybe kind of help against him.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Playing Ryo's Ike is really hard. That MU comes down to reads, which is why, I believe, it is 50:50. However, one hit from Ike can and will lead to death of nana, and he can edgeguard RIDICULOUSLY well. If anything it is Ike advantage...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I have seen DOZENS AND DOZENS AND HUNDREDS of people bash Brawl like you do, which is ****ing ********. You don't see SF3A players going SF4 SUCKS **** THAT GAME and refuse to play it because it's different.
ESAM, Hylian and Ghosti have made some really intelligent posts here and I more or less agree with all of them. As a competitive Brawl player it definitely saddens me to see Melee players bashing Brawl around for a lack of skill needed to play it (which is most certainly not true. 2 or 3 years playing Brawl and I am no-where near top level play. I assume this is the case for melee as well) and bad mechanics (which are different but not necessarily bad. I for one very much enjoy the floaty feel of brawl).

I have been involved in some melee vs. Brawl arguments in my relatively short time here (though to defend myself i'd like to say I argue that both games have their different feels and both are fine competitively) and really i've become sick of them. Why can't we just support each other? Like how people will often support the characters of the same franchise as their own (Ness + Lucas definitely, I imagine the star-furries and others as well).

*sigh*

Oh look, and it begins to rain here right now to compliment my melancholy mood. :(

EDIT: Sorry for bringing that back up guys. I haven't been here in a little while.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Meanwhile

Both games are games

Regardless of where we are in 5 years, we're going to look back and be like, those were dumb video games cause now i'm doing real life things.

**** i'ma be doing that next year.
Meat Riders for both games need to calm down..

Cause it doesn't matter.
Just have fun.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Meanwhile

Both games are games

Regardless of where we are in 5 years, we're going to look back and be like, those were dumb video games cause now i'm doing real life things.

**** i'ma be doing that next year.
Meat Riders for both games need to calm down..

Cause it doesn't matter.
Just have fun.
Exactly.

Btw, what's the deal with the whole [FBC] before names? o.O

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
yea let's not bring that up again

I think I found a new desync

Or rather, a new way to remain desynced once you're already in a specific desynced state lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
yea let's not bring that up again

I think I found a new desync

Or rather, a new way to remain desynced once you're already in a specific desynced state lol
Nice!

Come to think of it, my brother is always telling me how he believes the ICs have the most potential out of all characters because of their desync options and combos.

DeLux

Who is your brother and why is he lying to you and/or why is he so wrong? >_>

DeLux

Well for one, ICs are bad

No amount of desyncing will change that. Maybe combos, but everyone already knows we can 0-death anyone so that's not metagame changing as of 2012 lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ICs are definitely like...8th. Pikachu is better, legit. You haven't seen ICs win a national recently, have you?

Vkrm

Smash Lord
ESAM, Hylian and Ghosti have made some really intelligent posts here and I more or less agree with all of them. As a competitive Brawl player it definitely saddens me to see Melee players bashing Brawl around for a lack of skill needed to play it
my main gripe with brawl is how bare bones and unfun it is. Also it's how dumb it's competitive players must be to play it when melee or PM is available.
@Papa mink melee has been around for ten years, to a lot of people it's more than a game.

:phone:

DeLux

There aren't 7 ICs high enough Caliber to make top 8. It might be more likely 7 MKs make top 8 with the IC winning to be honest

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'm curious as to see how 9B does.

I really hope he either stops dropping grabs or forgets about doing tripless. He had the win on Kakera otherwise.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm curious as to see how 9B does.

I really hope he either stops dropping grabs or forgets about doing tripless. He had the win on Kakera otherwise.
Everytime someone wins an Apex, it's unexpected. I'm sure 9b is training everyday, he said he wanted to win Apex 2013 in his match between M2K. He definitely is a contender.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Uh....new to Ice climbers,wondering how to play them,with minimal chain grabs...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
^hes in the ICs cgs are too gay and I'm man enough to win without them phase.

Learn desyncs. Still go for grabs and do stuff that isn't cging.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
"what can I do with minimal chain grabs"

"try other things besides chain grabs".

I'd say practice desyncs and sendisg a single ice block from nana while you run with popo so you can set up a grab.

Learn the spacing of your aerials well and how to sh on bf with uairs.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
wow...I'm surprised how many people are here...
The reason I want to know chaingrabs is to be able to hold my own against opponents,if I need to resort to that anyway...
But I want to know,how good is Nana when desynched,I can desynch them,but nana always comes back and syncs up...
how do I keep them apart???
(note,I'm a noob with these two,I just recently actually submained them...)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
wow...I'm surprised how many people are here...
The reason I want to know chaingrabs is to be able to hold my own against opponents,if I need to resort to that anyway...
But I want to know,how good is Nana when desynched,I can desynch them,but nana always comes back and syncs up...
how do I keep them apart???
(note,I'm a noob with these two,I just recently actually submained them...)
Check out Big D's desync thread with the video.

Top Bottom