• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a special BBR App since my last one didn't go over so well.

If anyone on this board is willing to help by making a recommendation post in this thread, I'd really really really appreciate the help.

I intend to include a list of testimonials as evidence from people in my application and I would be forever grateful.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well, you are a very large boon to the KC scene. you have developed a rapidly growing and strengthening scene in lawrence, and have run a small but successful string of tournies in lawrence. you are always willing to help out, and show up at smashfests whenever you can. KC scene would be dead without you around probably lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As a Melee Back Room member and personal friend of DeLux who has traveled to a tourney with him and attended a tourney he hosted, I without a doubt can vouch for him for BBR. I believe he would make an excellent addition to the team, especially considering his Unity Ruleset Committee + Smash Lab membership combination.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I think Lux's overall frame and game mechanic knowledge would be beneficial the BBR. He's also well known in his region for supporting it as much as he has.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lux is troll. Avoid BBR membership at all costs.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Lux is troll. Avoid BBR membership at all costs.
Hylian with the Haterade.

But in all seriousness, DeLux is would be a pretty amazing addition to the BBR. He has a ridiculous understanding of the mechanics of the Ice Climbers, as well as frame data. Having discovered new desynching techniques for them and innovating (as well as advocating the use of) the tripless chaingrab. He's always testing and developing breakthroughs for the Ice Climbers' metagame. He's a very talented player, having practice from 2 of Kansas' best players, (MJG and Fino) he's definitely made more progress than most players that have played this game in the 3-4 years that it's been out. You'd be an idiot to not add him to the BBR.

DeLux

If given enough support, I will change it so it's worth of you :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Lux took a dying character board and sparked life back into it. The questions he asks and pursues are not about the current metagame, rather they are about where this character's metagame could possibly be, encouraging ongoing development of the Ice Climbers as a character (e.g. More effective tripless CG, LD1 and LD2). Lux's research and knowledge into ICs is thorough and accurate and he willingly shares this information with the rest of the IC community; the knowledge he has provided the IC community shows distinctly in recent tournament results, not just his own, but other tournament attending players.

tl;dr- Bro knows his stuff. Bro deserves his props.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
DeLux for President 2012
Hell, I'd vote for him.

If given enough support, I will change it so it's worth of you :)
Can I just say that in all honesty, the only person I'd believe when they said this is DeLux.

Lux took a dying character board and sparked life back into it. The questions he asks and pursues are not about the current metagame, rather they are about where this character's metagame could possibly be, encouraging ongoing development of the Ice Climbers as a character (e.g. More effective tripless CG, LD1 and LD2). Lux's research and knowledge into ICs is thorough and accurate and he willingly shares this information with the rest of the IC community; the knowledge he has provided the IC community shows distinctly in recent tournament results, not just his own, but other tournament attending players.

tl;dr- Bro knows his stuff. Bro deserves his props.
Justsaiyan.jpg, not only does he do this, but through his knowledge of frame data and the mechanics of Brawl, he strives to make the game more objectively competitive and to advance the metagame of Brawl itself.

#myhero

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
DeLux is amusing and is helping me with my ENG1020 paper on Game Balancing/bans (with some MK mentions). He knows his stuff.

DeLux

Thank you to everyone for the support

I included everyone in my app, so if I do get the call, I will do it with humility and in respect to that fact that it was a collaborative effort to get me there.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
@Mr. game:

Don't want to throw this thread off topic. Buttt.

I get on random wifi all the time lol. I perfer to hobble then chain grab depending on the character and stage lol. Plus its a lot easier to hobble then cg online. I wonder if it was me :3? Who cares :D.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I challenged ally to a $100 IC ditto and he accepted o.o.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
@Mr. game:

Don't want to throw this thread off topic. Buttt.

I get on random wifi all the time lol. I perfer to hobble then chain grab depending on the character and stage lol. Plus its a lot easier to hobble then cg online. I wonder if it was me :3? Who cares :D.
lol I figured it was someone on here. He was using snake, and it was at Port Town Aero Dive. At like, 2:45 AM central time sunday night.

:phone:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
@Game&Watch: Yup, I remember being on that stage with a snake and only 1 other person in that match who I think was helping me lol. You can hobble snake on port aerow :p. I think he was just attacking everyone and not caring so I just seized the opprotunity :]. Sorry.........................................................nat.

Top Bottom