• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Smoom77

Smash Master
my question still stands lol
Your question will be answered:

Popo buffered turnaround grab means that in the 10 frames of buffer at the end of Popo's fthrow animation, press back and learn to buffer the grab in the buffer frames of the turnaround animation.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Smoom, you actually don't need to buffer the grab if you do it. At least I don't. I buffer the turn around by itself and then tap grab at the correct timing to regrab while holding back. But I generally can visually confirm the turnaround before I do end up grabbing again

Buffering the turn around makes it so you don't accidentally dash out of the fthrow. Dashing is bad lol

tekkie

Smash Master
Your question will be answered:

Popo buffered turnaround grab means that in the 10 frames of buffer at the end of Popo's fthrow animation, press back and learn to buffer the grab in the buffer frames of the turnaround animation.
Smoom, you actually don't need to buffer the grab if you do it. At least I don't. I buffer the turn around by itself and then tap grab at the correct timing to regrab while holding back. But I generally can visually confirm the turnaround before I do end up grabbing again

Buffering the turn around makes it so you don't accidentally dash out of the fthrow. Dashing is bad lol
these help a lot. so, specifically, popo fthrows, hit grab at the right time to catch, and buffer a turn-around right when nana catches by tapping back and then nana should bthrow and you time the catch again? i understand the end result but not the exact inputs to make it happen.

DeLux

Don't do it right when Nana catches or you'll not be able to turn around in time on some light characters.

But that's close to the general idea. The idea is that (like in the videos in the thread) popo will turn around and be in position to catch Nana's Bthrow.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Pretty sure you dash grab if you buffer the grab with the turnaround. Like Lux said, time the grab after the buffered turnaround/Nana bthrow. Popo should be able to grab while standing still.

Basically, doing this CG perfectly will leave Popo standing in the same exact place the entire duration of the CG.

DeLux

I found another dashless desync grab setup option that I'm relatively certain that nobody uses. It's actually a derivative of what I assume is a previously known mechanic/exploitation/cover up of screwing up when desyncing in combination with another lesser used desync option.

LD3? DD1?

Bad news is, you have to be frame perfect (I assume) for it to work. However, I assume manipulating another desync mechanic, we can safely increase that to two frames. After 15 mins of practice, I can do it almost every time. It could be more or less lenient if I don't fully understand the mechanics because it's in an area I haven't done much testing. I want to see if I can make it more flexible to use, because I could see this really destroying snakes in the current metagame.

I speculate with proper frame testing, I could establish where it's a guaranteed frame trap. But that would be A LOT of work for me.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You should just say what it is to see if we already know it.

DeLux

But that would be no fun ;)

Besides, I still want to do the testing on it that I mentioned first.

Roller

Smash Legend
Got 3rd at a tourney on Sunday. I beat Tutu's sheik in winners, then lost to L_Cancel game 5 on rainbow (I went ICs) in winners finals. Then Tutu went peach vs me in losers and got me. ;;

I think there were 29 entrants.

...I still hate rainbow.

tekkie

Smash Master
...I still hate rainbow.
use that character you have under your avatar he's better on rainbow

edit: there should be a thread on the social aspects of using ICs competitively, for example no one will want to be friends with you or ever play brawl with you again :c

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm known as "the CG addict" since I play D3 and ICs. And everyone I play with on a regular basis LOATHE chaingrabs now. ^_^

Roller

Smash Legend
I usually go pika on rc. But L's olimar ***** pika. He's had so much anther practice. (who he's always close to beating)

And I just can't really do the pika vs oli matchup. It's one of pika's hardest match ups.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I usually go pika on rc. But L's olimar ***** pika. He's had so much anther practice. (who he's always close to beating)

And I just can't really do the pika vs oli matchup. It's one of pika's hardest match ups.
Olimars always beat me on RC as well since my MK is bad and GW get raaaapppeeeedddd by olimar on any stage in the game lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love IC dittos! Only got to play one with lain on the livestream at Revenge because other people were always playing :/.

Roller

Smash Legend
I went Lain climbers in the ditto, cause that's who I take all my dittos stuff from. Also. Rollerclimbers aren't viable in the ditto. All they do is pivotgrab... L

Alsoalso. Excel, can you get that replay I saved on your Wii from pools up? You know the one. :seuss:

alsoalsoalso! I finally got over my fear of Yoshis! I think I'm really good in the mu now actually. I MM'd Ladiesblade (#3 on the top 5 list, #1 in our hearts) best of 5. I won 3-0, with the only match I did not 3 stock him in being on Delfino. Hyyyyyype!!!

I'm also kind of sad about it tho. 'cause I had been more afraid of him than anyone in the midwest after the first time we played ~a year ago when he dry ***** me for free. I feel disillusioned. =/

I owe my victory to Lux tho, he's been encouraging me to use more frametraps, and those definitely made a world of difference.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lol, I do have The Mann training, so I know the matchup pretty well. But for the replay I'm talking about G2 of me vs a certain ICs slayer. >_>

I wish we had been able to save G3 as well. I played pretty well, but could have used some critique on that one. =/
I can tell. Next time I won't be under the impression I can just do Luigi stuff. I know which one you're talking about. I will try to get someone to record it or wait until Rip gets back from his parent's house next week.

Top Bottom