• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
DSCBTADSDIB > Dash Shield Cancel Buffered Turn Around Desync Shield Drop Ice Block Chaser > DeLux
RIDSCRS> Reverse Initial Dash Shield Cancel Reversaled Special > Desync Alert aka DAlert

They HAVE to be long to tell someone what to do for them to work. They aren't names so much as instructions. It's cool though, no more instracronyms. Just arbitrary names.

Nana BRuTaL

Smash Rookie
I'm lame. I just play Ice Climbers, but I don't do the whole de-syncing thing, or infinite grabbing... I'm trying to, but I guess I'm not good enough? o.o I'm a big fan of the pair though, they're adorable and sweet. ^_^

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To be fair, Cheese got powerranked under the motto "don't desync ever". All of why I won't name a desync after him ever :)

Keep practicing. You'll get there.

Smoom77

Smash Master
JoWii, why do you stalk this thread? you're sorta weird for reals.

btw i got a free pass and hotel for whobo3!!!!!!!!

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I'm lame. I just play Ice Climbers, but I don't do the whole de-syncing thing, or infinite grabbing... I'm trying to, but I guess I'm not good enough? o.o I'm a big fan of the pair though, they're adorable and sweet. ^_^
Either give up now or never give up. Its all in from here on out.

To be fair, Cheese got powerranked under the motto "don't desync ever". All of why I won't name a desync after him ever :)

Keep practicing. You'll get there.
Cheese has a tactics for DQing named after him.

I'm too laid back to even complain about pausing. :(

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
JoWii, why do you stalk this thread? you're sorta weird for reals.

btw i got a free pass and hotel for whobo3!!!!!!!!
Stalk? Lurk. >_> I lurk a lot of threads. This one has Hylian and Future, also from StL, in it and ICs is like....top 3 favorite MUs of mine. I like to see what it said on this CharBoard.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Future actually got 4th:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292410

I split with MJG because they kicked us out of the venue :/.

The ROB is Future lol. He has a really good rob and he understands ICs from maining them. We had to play in bracket and had a super close set that I only won because I grabbed him at 0% on his last stock 3rd game and didn't drop the grab.

Edit: I'm also starting to think IC's vs MJG is hopeless. Future does the best out of me him and lain against mjg but it's still not very close lol. He has the match-up down perfectly :/.
Or you know, we could try to find new things to use vs tlink.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm just playing BTW, Hylian. You gotta get rid of that defeatist attitude though

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Jordan wants to win. So I'd call it a realistic attitude...why fight an uphill battle when he can beat him (or at least have an easier time) with Gdubs or Falco? No need.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jordan wants to win. So I'd call it a realistic attitude...why fight an uphill battle when he can beat him (or at least have an easier time) with Gdubs or Falco? No need.
Pretty much this. I have a lot of money on the line when I play him usually. I don't get to play many friendlies with him he doesn't like playing IC's. I've lost a lot of money just trying to figure out how to beat him with IC's. I've studied his videos, etc it just isn't worth it for me. I have a much easier time with other characters. I don't have a problem with any other Tlink player, just him.

Obviously it's not impossible, just not worth figuring out for me.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Oreo can you do me a quick favor?
???

Does this favor involve the partaking in the consumption of the male sexual organ?
>.> Really?

How about I tell you when we discuss the Kirby Mu and you can get ALL OF THE ICS SECRETS.

Now go!
Evil little bugger aren't ya?

Pretty much this. I have a lot of money on the line when I play him usually. I don't get to play many friendlies with him he doesn't like playing IC's. I've lost a lot of money just trying to figure out how to beat him with IC's. I've studied his videos, etc it just isn't worth it for me. I have a much easier time with other characters. I don't have a problem with any other Tlink player, just him.

Obviously it's not impossible, just not worth figuring out for me.
I sympathize with Hylian. I'm one of the few Sonics that hate the Falco matchup more than any matchup in the game. I've played it numerous times and figured out the nuances and it's still a pain. So now I just go MK against him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This really. Don't give up until you found the solution.

You always come through here and start saying "I'll never beat x... I've tried everything."
..No I don't? Lol. When have I ever done that? I'll beat MJG just no point in losing money learning it with IC's when I can use other characters and win.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@tmacc

I never said not to switch to a different character if it's easier. He wrote that beating MJG with Icies was hopeless and I told him it'd be better to not have a defeatist attitude. That is all

swordgard

Smash Hero
corrected.
And anyone with just a bit of foresight should be able to see how helping others will help you if everybody does it.

Egoism actually is really rarely accurate, its not because you are doing the best thing for yourself that you really get the best for yourself.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
And anyone with just a bit of foresight should be able to see how helping others will help you if everybody does it.

Egoism actually is really rarely accurate, its not because you are doing the best thing for yourself that you really get the best for yourself.
True, but if the group effort is just a single person making an effort, how effective would it be?

Seriously, we just talk out everything in the Skype Chat, we don't really catalog everything down.

Tewx2

Smash Ace

That's not what egoism states though. It's do the thing that helps you out the best, not only help yourself and never help others. You are allowed to help others, but only so far as it will benefit you. A true egoist would want to help the community because he knows that doing so will benefit himself more than not doing so.

That being said you Ice Climber mains are all ******s.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This social needs a new title lol

It screams "my character is dead and people are voting them down because players were disgusted by how little the hype train helped them along".

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Hylian's job is to change the thread title, I would have pretty much every week, but I have no power here.

Expect me to change the skype chat's title more too guys.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO
Hyro - LA Pride trailer creator

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
alright... i'm back for real now. got a mini tourney today to ease myself back into the feel of things. i think this time i'm actually going to practice (as opposed to before where i just played and kind of made it all up as i went along). i actually have my teching down now, worked on my timing/spaceing, etc. so so my only real limitation right now is remembering all the CGs. that said, today's tourney is small enough and has enough bad people that i shouldn't get punished for messing them up repeatedly.

anyway, point being, i'm back, baby.

Top Bottom