• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
link?

BTW I will admit I haven't played a Toon Link as good as MJG. Just take my advice and try to use it if you didn't already know it. I know a good amount about the match up, but not enough to make a match up ratio'

He never leaves the ground and just jumps and throws bombs.

ummm. From what I saw so far this is all he did. An easy way to stop this is to jump directly under him and u-air right when he throws it. You'll catch the bomb and hit him with the u-air

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll keep that in mind.

The match I won in the set was with GW, I will probably just go GW or MK next time I play him. Less frustrating.

RATED

Smash Lord
nah it's at least 60:40 if not easier for us, tl is easy mode. Get better imo.

Gimr - don't forget about zac, tl can still use his aerials with a bomb. But yeah bomb's trash anyway.
rofl

--------

TL vs ICs is annoying as **** to play. TL has everything to avoid ICs. If the TL plays correctly , GG most of the time.

I just go Snake or Wario against TL.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
We're going to be discussing the ICs matchup in the Lucario Metagame Discussion IRC tonight at around 8 EST so if you would like to help out then feel free to stop by and if you do plan on showing up then leave a post in the thread so we know how many to expect.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283638

All the information for getting in is in the thread.
Nobody showed up so we're going to try 10:30, please stop by if you have the time :3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i thought you were supposed to be asleep?

oh its cause I beat you at connect four - thats right.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yeah right. The student can never overcome the master.

When it's connect four.

I'm 8-2 with him. He brags about his win because it's his only one.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I played MJG at supercon, and he BARELY beat my ICs game 1, then I remembered TL is bad, went MK and 3 stocked him.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I used more G&W than ICs yesterday =/. However, I've won lots of MMs with them in total. I still need to learn how to vs Lucario with them... maybe I'll just stick to G&W for Lucario, hehe.

As for MK, I think I've gotten way better at the match-up, only losing to Nairo recently. I've taken out Jtails, dmbrandon, p-wii, Doom, and a few other MKs in MMs/tourney so far.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I played MJG at supercon, and he BARELY beat my ICs game 1, then I remembered TL is bad, went MK and 3 stocked him.
I played MJG a little before that and it's really obvious to me he's improved a ton since then. Also, I don't understand what you are saying, you still lost with IC's. All of my matches with him were very close, but I only won when I played GW against him.

Also, I'm housing atomsk again and so far I've won every single match I've played against his snake. I think I've got it down hopefully I will beat him this coming weekend at TAS. I really want to start winning tournaments with big names instead of just placing top 5 or 3.

I used more G&W than ICs yesterday =/. However, I've won lots of MMs with them in total. I still need to learn how to vs Lucario with them... maybe I'll just stick to G&W for Lucario, hehe.

As for MK, I think I've gotten way better at the match-up, only losing to Nairo recently. I've taken out Jtails, dmbrandon, p-wii, Doom, and a few other MKs in MMs/tourney so far.
Lucario is sooo hard with IC's. It's very doable but it's still a REALLY hard match-up, I would suggest going GW even though I think they do about the same vs lucario just because it's less stressful.

Also, good stuff against the MK's :). I haven't lost to a MK in a long time now, I wish I could just play against them every match in tournament lol.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Lucario is sooo hard with IC's. It's very doable but it's still a REALLY hard match-up, I would suggest going GW even though I think they do about the same vs lucario just because it's less stressful.
I do believe that ICs beat Lucario 55:45 ~ 6:4, I just think the stage choice is what screwed me over. I should have struck BF against Zucco (lol namesearch), oh well. I won games 2 and 3 as G&W though, but he beat me the last time we played when I went all G&W, so we go back and forth I guess.

Teh Future

Smash Master
of course you went pocket dq after getting your ics *****. Thats your solution to everything.
fixed imo

I think I've got it down hopefully I will beat him this coming weekend at TAS. I really want to start winning tournaments with big names instead of just placing top 5 or 3.

Also, good stuff against the MK's :). I haven't lost to a MK in a long time now, I wish I could just play against them every match in tournament lol.
i really want to stop loosing against wolf.

and im bad against mk right now for some reason.

i need a new controller xD /johns

I do believe that ICs beat Lucario 55:45 ~ 6:4, I just think the stage choice is what screwed me over.
no one should take any ratio you give for ics seriously lmao

swordgard

Smash Hero
I think tlink simply jumps too high to get followed with up airs. I never noticed how high he jumps until recently.

Zucco

Smash Master
I do believe that ICs beat Lucario 55:45 ~ 6:4, I just think the stage choice is what screwed me over. I should have struck BF against Zucco (lol namesearch), oh well. I won games 2 and 3 as G&W though, but he beat me the last time we played when I went all G&W, so we go back and forth I guess.
you suck, shut up, and name searching is too good.

o yeah and **** Rainbow lol. Ill let you go iceys on FD if you want. I dont care.
no one should take any ratio you give for ics seriously lmao
I want to sig this.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ummm les see

- i still cant beat wolf or snake

-vinnie still thinks ics >> mk

-lain is inactive

-swordgard/everyone else doesnt attend tourneys

-hylian did really well last weekend.

mmmm i guess just the last one is the only thing thats changed

Smoom77

Smash Master
I agree. I think that ICs beat Lucario. It's hard for Lucario not to get grabbed.

If they try to space Dairs on platforms, you just have to learn to space back. Fairs are easily to DSG, and if you get hit by a ftilt, don't try to grab but roll back. I've learned that you can running shield pivot grab their fair depending on how they space it.

Running shield pivot grab without c-stick is so fancy lolololol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Atomsk has been asleep in my living room for the past 16 hours. What do I do?

Zucco

Smash Master
I agree. I think that ICs beat Lucario. It's hard for Lucario not to get grabbed.

If they try to space Dairs on platforms, you just have to learn to space back. Fairs are easily to DSG, and if you get hit by a ftilt, don't try to grab but roll back. I've learned that you can running shield pivot grab their fair depending on how they space it.

Running shield pivot grab without c-stick is so fancy lolololol
MM me for lots of money one day.

Top Bottom