• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Vinnie

Smash Master
In the entire 11th grade, I went to sleep very late every night for no reason, and usually was on 4-6 hours of sleep every school night. Since 12 grade started (September), I've been going to sleep at 2 am or later, usually getting about 3-5 hours of sleep each night, but not being tired at all... then I come home and take a nap... like I cut my sleep schedule in half.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I am on that sleep schedule (trying to get out) and it SUCKS

trust me

like i started having night terrors and suffered from sleep paralysis (when i woke up i literally couldnt move for up to 10 minutes)

I also got really deep bags under my eyes and i just had less energy all the time

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I am on that sleep schedule (trying to get out) and it SUCKS

trust me

like i started having night terrors and suffered from sleep paralysis (when i woke up i literally couldnt move for up to 10 minutes)

I also got really deep bags under my eyes and i just had less energy all the time
Yo I have sleep paralysis all of the time. Thankfully I figured out how to get out of it the first time it happened to me 3 years ago.

First of all don't panic.

Stay calm and try to breathe slowly

-Then with your mind try to concentrate all of your energy.

count down, 3, 2, 1

and then try to move your whole body all at once.(or focus all of your energy on your hands, once they move you'll be out)

you'll burst out of it kind of like you do when yo fall asleep in class and then accidentally kick the chair in front of you when you wake up.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Having suffered from a number a sleeping disorders in my lifetime, including narcolepsy, OSA, and episode of sleep paralysis (triggered by said apnea and narcolepsy), I'm going to have to recommend consulting a physician. Usually the paralysis is a symptom of another cause. You probably need to figure out what it is, and remove it. If that means not trying this crazy sleep cycle, then that's the price you pay.

I agree with GIMR in the sense to not panic. The panic has been known to send people into acute panic attacks and even hallucinate demons. Obviously this is traumatic and has been documented as able to kill people.

I don't know your personal situations, but usually there are more ways to find extra time during the day than such a drastic change. I'm currently working three jobs, working an unpaid internship, taking night classes, AND living a good social life. The only thing that's really taken a hit is my Brawl time. But the fact is that I'm doing it on a normal 8 hour a night sleep cycle.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
LOL that's funny because I've hallucinated twice because of it. The good thing is that I already knew hallucination was possible so I knew what was going down.

One time I hallucinated Japanese symbols over me flashing and changing to other symbols

Another time I didn't even see it coming. I woke up and then instantly went back to sleep. As soon as I closed my eyes I started dreaming. I was looking at myself in a mirror. Me in the mirror made an evil grin and started pulling his hair. I started feeling pain and instantly I woke up paralyzed( I was awake, I could see perfectly, I wasn't drowsy). I could feel something pulling my hair really hard(I could actually feel it) But I was paralyzed so I couldn't do anything. The creepy thing about it was I couldn't see what was happening to me so it actually seemed like something was behind me pulling my hair

I just waited there until I wasn't paralyzed. I got out of bed, went down stairs, and got a drink. If I didn't know already that the hallucinations were possible I would've really freaked out.

PS: My mom and her sisters have sleep apnea, I should probably get checked. Problem is, no health insurance

Teh Future

Smash Master
omg i got sleep paralysis once it was creepy LOL

my sleep schedule is mad ****ed up like today i went to sleep at 6pm and just woke up now at 2am lol but still seems like other people have it worse

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I had it once before, it was a result from having food poisoning and taking a nap afterwards. I didnt even know what was going on, so I didnt even panic. It was like I was high or something.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
BTW, for me at least, it only happens when I'm sleeping on my back, so to completely avoid it you can sleep on your side or stomache

Smoom77

Smash Master
It's happened to me once. I was talking care of my neighbor's dog at their house and I was tired so I took a nap. When I 'woke' there were those white monsters that have long necks and eat you from OoT and they walked behind the couch I was on and I kept waiting for them to cone eat me from over the couch, but they never did. It took like 10 more mins for me to be able to move.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
It's happened to me once. I was talking care of my neighbor's dog at their house and I was tired so I took a nap. When I 'woke' there were those white monsters that have long necks and eat you from OoT and they walked behind the couch I was on and I kept waiting for them to cone eat me from over the couch, but they never did. It took like 10 more mins for me to be able to move.
Like Likes?

I'd be afraid too if it was a like like :(

Smoom77

Smash Master
No, it's those things in the bottom of the well that have several arms/hands coming out of the ground, and when they grab you, the main monster comes out of the ground and tries to eat you.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I've been platform cancelling for a while. The thing is, when your opponent is above you on the platform, they're going jump off before it gets under you. Still useful for other things and always sexy to see tech skill used.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's ULTRA useful. If you've seen Mr. R's combo video you'll see how good it can be if some one actually applies it to their game.

@Smoom:

I read a whole thread on people talking about their sleep paralysis at reddit. com

One guy said he was stuck on his bed and he saw a dead girl leaned up against his wall staring at him for about 10 minutes. O.O

Smoom77

Smash Master
It was so scary. The monster came out of the other couch and the lamp turned into one of te hands.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I forgot, I have had sleep paralysis once before when I was asleep on the couch. I heard my mom and my friend who spent the night talking the whole time but couldn't wake up, it was weird. Or is that something else where you can't wake up?

:059:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you watch me play Atomsk and MJG I do it a few times in the matches.

How do you guys do it? I use dair.

Smoom77

Smash Master
LOL I was like about to fall asleep and my mind was wandering and I imagined myself in a Gap store with a girl. I put on a jacket, grabbed her by the shirt, air released her, and BDACUSed her.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman

I use shield, that way if I accidentally mess it up I air dodge instead of putting myself in a bad spot.
but I also just learned it today so I can't really talk very much lol

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR

Here are some tips. You can press down+down on the c-stick to make sure it happens but then your dash will come out slower(if that's what your gonna do)

If you hold down you can just press shield when you're in them middle of the platform, it's super easy to time and if you buffer A you will grab with out your shield even coming up

If you press down+R at the same time you instantly drop from the platform

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
BTW, for me at least, it only happens when I'm sleeping on my back, so to completely avoid it you can sleep on your side or stomache
Yeah I never sleep on my back but for a while I'd always wake up on my back and unable to move fora long time

also the "jerking out" trick is scary and harsh

the easiest way is wiggling your toes

Also platform canceling is hella easy
I've been doing that **** for years

r3d d09

Smash Master
sad =(

asdgarfgj-10characters
don't worry. ciz is back in your state,

Dude, promise me you'll at least attend my first tourney/smashfest when I move down to Utah (I'll be in Provo probably lol).

edit: not my FIRST first tourney or smashfest, just my first one in UT lol :p

2nd edit: I agree with Smoom's writeup, sounds a lot like how it feels when I play Peach w/ ICs, not that I'm good or anything lol.
PM me, I have some questions about this now.

Hey guys, I think I am going to start everyman sleep schedule tonight, this way I can fit more things in my schedule including training more on wifi. Anyone tried uberman/everyman before and has any tips?
Lucid dreams > everyman

Top Bottom