• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hype and Iliad.

Hype plays MK, I ***** him 1st match, he ***** my snake on brinstar 2nd match, 3rd match I was leading, early kill shuttle loop 1st stock. I respawn, do a mistake that allows him to stage spike nana at 0%(I know now how avoid that mistake though). He proceeds to stay on the ledge and play very safe on stage. He kills me. I respawn, I kill him. We go around even on that stock, he kills nana. I am at 100%, hes at 80%. I take a stock off and bring him to 80% last stock.

Vs iliad, well hes known to be the ics slayer in canada, ics is his best matchup by far. On the other hand, I have no marth practice/never watched vids of meep vs neo before XD.Turns out I was playing the matchup terribly wrong. It was still fairly close except for a few bad lucks, 1st match I randomly let go of ledge dair on last stock(I am pretty sure that counts as SD XD). 2nd match, I run towards him, he grabs nana, backthrows and fairs her offstage. I run to save her and BAM, trip, she dies. He still outplays me in the matchup, I didn't knew what to do XD. Oh well, we are officially 1-1, same vs hype.

Fun time.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Vs iliad, well hes known to be the ics slayer in canada, ics is his best matchup by far. On the other hand, I have no marth practice/never watched vids of meep vs neo before XD.Turns out I was playing the matchup terribly wrong. It was still fairly close except for a few bad lucks, 1st match I randomly let go of ledge dair on last stock(I am pretty sure that counts as SD XD). 2nd match, I run towards him, he grabs nana, backthrows and fairs her offstage. I run to save her and BAM, trip, she dies. He still outplays me in the matchup, I didn't knew what to do XD. Oh well, we are officially 1-1, same vs hype.

Fun time.
Looks like you got Sakurai'd

Sakurai for God Tier.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Looks like you got Sakurai'd

Sakurai for God Tier.
Yeah and I can't recall vs which of the two it was, I think it was iliad. I ran, finally got the grab, and as I grabbed she tripped. And since hes a fast masher well it was done for.

Prawn

Smash Master
i had a rough tournament last weekend too

im bringing it back this weekend though. (p.s. swordguard marths recovery gets ***** by dem ibs)

swordgard

Smash Hero
i had a rough tournament last weekend too

im bringing it back this weekend though. (p.s. swordguard marths recovery gets ***** by dem ibs)
I know that, but he can still recover -.- . It was more onstage than offstage. Either way, I already fixed it.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Hopefully everyone can start playing as good as we know they are! Good luck to everyone!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i got gayed in pools (i 4-0'd a D3 player, but he got into brackets, and i wound up getting DQ'd)

on the plus side i did time him out in the most hyped set of the tourney: ICs v D3 on lylat.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I've never ever paused on accident during a match O:

I don't see how people do it. The start button is so far from all the other buttons.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I've never ever paused on accident during a match O:

I don't see how people do it. The start button is so far from all the other buttons.
It's easy when someone yells in your ear in the first 30 seconds of the match, and you get startled, turn around to see wtf happened, and get DQ'd.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol cheese, Ive had a TO try to DQ me before, someone opposed it though so I got out of it luckily. long story short two brackets were super delayed and waiting on the same person, so I decide to have a few friendlies. TO randomly calls the next bracket, walks straight over to me before I even realise what's happened and tells me I'm DQ'd. I probably deserved it (technically), seemed kinda unfair at the time though.

I also had a rough tourney last weekend. Lost sets to a peach and mk which I could have easily won, but chaingrabs were just not happening and I made a couple of dumb errors (killed myself start of second game vs peach, notably). No johns though, there's a major in two weeks and I am working on CGs for several hours every day till then, so hopefully I will be more consistent than ever by then.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Ok, I am willing to call bias on that too, who was that TO?
Swordgard, Cheese is known to be a big liar and scumbag in atlantic North which has given him the nickname of "Scumbag" with many, so with someone with so much respect like yourself, don't believe him please. You can ask anyone in NJ/NY what happened at the tourney.

No one was anywhere near Cheese. The scream was from behind the couch, not close to scumbag.

HEERO is NOT friends with Nairo. They are simply Smash affiliates like many of us are and on the front page of the tournament, the rules state that if you pause mid match in tourney, you lose the match and the only exception is if a host ask you to pause. No questions about it.

Scumbag broke the rules and he got punished. If we didn't follow to rules, who would've?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This discussion isn't going to happen here.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thank you cheese for not responding.

Get that ****ing drama off my boards.

r3d d09

Smash Master
speaking of drama... I'm done with smash for now. my scene has no respect. i will post when i feel like it, but don't count on anything coming from me for awhile. <4

Teh Future

Smash Master
i have to wake up in like 4 hours but i haven't even gone to sleep yet.

anyways imma make something for ya cats.

prawn that link suuuuuucks.

Top Bottom